GCA Social Media - Calling for content creators - Geocaching Australia

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site

mattyrx
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Re: GCA Social Media - Calling for content creators - Geocaching Australia

Post by mattyrx » 04 July 23 5:21 pm

I know. It's really getting in the way of the important things in life. :lol:

Here's the link to my Youtube Geocaching & Trig vids that I forgot to attach to my last post, because someone at work distracted me. They really have no idea of what is a priority in this place.

If anyone want to chop up the videos and use bits, by all means do so.

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 04 July 23 7:40 pm

And here's a sample of geocaching and trig hunting footage I have:
youtube.com/@downundergeocachingadventures/videos
I have a heap more footage from geocaching adventures that I never got around to turning into vids.
Happy to share some with anyone who wants to play around with editing something together. Just let me know specifically what kind of shots you are looking for so I don't send you a hundred. haha.

wayn0

Post by wayn0 » 04 July 23 11:17 pm

Now_To_Morrow wrote:
03 July 23 9:50 pm
I just whipped together a very rough example of what I mean by stitching together various peoples' footage. It's very rough. I didn't line anything up, match shots or colour grade, just made a quick example.

https://youtu.be/KuclnMDj3vk
I like that idea

mattyrx wrote:
04 July 23 2:10 pm
I’ve taken some footage of a trig hunt with a 360 degree camera on the weekend. It allows for some ‘action cam’ style footage with fast edits and hyperlapses etc. and means you can frame your shot in editing afterwards, rather than when you're taking the footage. That's the sales pitch for these things anyway. I’ll play with this as soon as I can get a chance and see what it turns out like and share the results here.
I’m keen to see what this looks like. I've seen some great stuff with that setup.

I’ve seen the trigs you guys find in NSW. Built to last. Very different in QLD. I think it’s about time for me to hop skip and jump myself over the border again to continue working on my enormous NSW to-visit list.

Now_To_Morrow wrote:
04 July 23 7:40 pm
I have a heap more footage from geocaching adventures that I never got around to turning into vids.
Happy to share some with anyone who wants to play around with editing something together. Just let me know specifically what kind of shots you are looking for so I don't send you a hundred. haha.
It must be great to have so much footage to look back on. After recently looking for trig vids in my library I’ve decided I need to take more footage when out and about, not just when trig hunting, just in general. There's footage I have that I really like and I wish I had taken more and now regret not doing so.

wayn0

Post by wayn0 » 05 July 23 2:11 am

caughtatwork wrote:
04 July 23 9:54 am
Of course you don't have to use video. Stills with (I don't know what it's called), where you slowly zoom in to the still giving the impression of movement. They also work.
I've been wondering if that would work.

I reckon some drone action could work very well. I've seen a few nice drone shots of trigs in the gallery. I'm sure the video footage would be even better.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 05 July 23 9:15 am

Slow Zoom, aka Ken Burns Effect (as an example of stills with camera zoom)

The Ken Burns effect, also known as the gradual zoom or moving zoom, allows you to redirect or focus your audience’s attention on a specific subject you want to highlight. This type of camera movement elicits emotion from your video that capture’s your audience’s attention where you want it. Unlike jump cuts, the Ken Burns effect gives the audience time to sit with an emotion. Whether you decide to zoom in or zoom out depends on the different feelings you want the audience to feel.

wayn0

Post by wayn0 » 05 July 23 10:52 am

Good ol' Ken Burns.. I've learned something today! And a fine example of a trig, I really do need to plan some more southern adventures. You won't find goodness like that in the Sunshine State.

wayn0 wrote:
05 July 23 2:11 am
I reckon some drone action could work very well. I've seen a few nice drone shots of trigs in the gallery. I'm sure the video footage would be even better.
Here's an example of a couple of the cool drone shoots I've seen..
Imagine some drone footage of summit trigs with great views.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 22 July 23 9:53 am

I've just started studying again this week and can't see myself having enough time to play editor with this stuff at this point in time.
I just thought I should make it clear that I am happy to contribute footage, but will not be playing around with scripts or editing for now.

Please let me know if there is a specific kind of shot you are looking for and I can see if I have something that may assist from my files. I like the way wayn0 shared a link to his files here and we could download them to use. I can easily create a folder in Google Drive that I can share in the same way.