Missing caching name [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Threepwood

Missing caching name [closed]

Post by Threepwood » 06 January 05 7:17 pm

Hi folks
Ive got to say Im a bit lost and could use an assist if possible. Im finding and logging caches on GC.com but these are not coming through to the .au site, niether are the logs. Ive been a member of the australian site (primary?) for a year or so but have not been active of late. When I look at the 'My Account' page, it tells me that my caching name is not set up, even though Im on the secondary site fairly often and have recently logged caches.
So off to the FAQ and if I translate correctly the upshot is that I need to get my GC id into the gc.au profile to form the link between the two sites....I hope Im right on this one....Im pretty confused. Now, when I go to find my GC ID number as per the instructions I dont get a simple 4 digit code (?aid=xxxx) as per the example but a huge hex number like the example below....
?guid=efdd68fe-927c-438b-9d32-d4177a57a013
and this does not seem right.
Any help would be appreciated
regards & thanks
Threepwood

dcr
100 or more tracks walked

Post by dcr » 06 January 05 7:45 pm

Looking at http://geocaching.com.au/cacher/Threepwood it would seem that the caches are actually there, but as you say not associated with you.

I'm having problems accessing the email funtions on GC.com at present (timeouts) but will keep trying.

cheers Darren :)

ideology

Post by ideology » 06 January 05 7:48 pm

hi threepwood
we've set up your cacher name for you
we'll take a look at the instructions and see if we can explain it a little better in future
regards
i!

Threepwood

Post by Threepwood » 06 January 05 7:53 pm

Thanks folks....super quick response....much appreciated.
i! I wouldnt worry too much about your instructions....its probably more the simpleton at this end doing the decyphering thats the issue.
Again, many thanks

dcr

Post by dcr » 06 January 05 8:02 pm

From what I have seen, the URL has suffered from a change to .NET :?: