Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Sol de Lune

Re: Have you ICEM?

Post by Sol de Lune » 30 January 22 9:15 pm

Will do……give me a day or so. :D :D :D

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 31 January 22 7:16 pm

As requested, an update of the locations where we don't have an ICEM cache situated at the moment. Since the last update, we've had 9 locations where a cache has been published. Can we do better this time? With an event coming up in Townsville in a few months, maybe a few QLD locations will come off the list..... :D :D

Just a reminder, when you do publish an ICEM cache, please remember to add ‘icem’ as a public tag on your cache page. This will ensure the cache appears on any ‘my queries’ that other cachers may call. Thanks.

The following locations still require an ICEM cache….and to help you decide if there is a location near you, the list has been broken down into states. Some place names are in more than one state, and as we don’t mind which location is used, feel free to use the one close to you.

NSW
Tullamore, Emmaville, Jerilderie, Woolloomooloo, Jindabyne, Tuggerawong, Brindabella, Molong, Turramurra, Tibooburra, Cabramatta, Cloncurry (also in QLD), Dorrigo, Kirribilli, Cockle Creek (also in TAS), Unanderra, Boolaroo, Eungai Rail, Cooranbong, Coopernook, Binnaway, Cammeray, Wallabadah, Gin Gin (also in QLD and WA)

QLD
Mooloolaba, Nambour, Maroochydore, Birdsville, Wallaville, Cunnamulla, Condamine, Strathpine, Gin Gin (also in WA and NSW), Kumbarilla, Bambaroo, Dalveen, Morella, Daisy Hill (also in VIC), Indooroopilly, Yeerongpilly, Virginia (also SA), Cloncurry (also in NSW)

VIC
Geelong, Yarra Yarra, Boroondara, Ballarat, Cockatoo (also in SA), Daisy Hill (also in QLD),

WA
Carnarvon, Kalbarri, Munglinup, Meekatharra, Peedamulla, Albany, Jindalee, Mingenew, Ningaloo, Maida Vale, Marble Bar, Spalding (also in SA) Gin Gin (also in NSW and QLD)

TAS
Bicheno, Cockle Creek (also in NSW), Winneleah, Sandy Bay,

SA
Tarlee, Marree, Waikerie, Yongala, Terowie, Nangwarry, Barmera, Woomera, Virginia (also QLD), Wudinna, Oodnadatta, Buckleboo, Orroroo, Cockatoo (also in VIC), Spalding (also in WA)

NT
Alice Springs, Tennant Creek,

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 01 February 22 7:05 am

Thanks so much sdl. Those tags must really make a difference because I just noticed one in there that has an ICEM cache already, Dalveen, and it didn't have a public tag. Has now if I added it correctly.

I'll try to get one in at Emmaville some time in the next couple of weeks. Try to.

Looking at that list I can see about 10 places I've been in the last couple of months with caches in my car I want to get rid of. If only I'd thought to ask a few months ago.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 11 February 22 7:57 pm

Turramurra is fairly close to home so that one should be possible to add one to and I have an idea where I could place a cache there, just need to scout the bush a bit more - easier when it stops raining. Coopernook and Eungai Rail are possibilities if I am ever allowed to visit my mother in a retirement village near Coffs Harbour again (it is currently a Covid outbreak site with visitors banned) though I haven't stopped and scouted for possible locations for a hide at those spots on previous trips north.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 07 May 22 6:37 am

Is there a minimum cache size requirement for this series?

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 07 May 22 10:38 am

No_Tomorrow wrote:
07 May 22 6:37 am
Is there a minimum cache size requirement for this series?
We all like regular and large caches. :D :D And of course small are good as well. :D

So really, it's up to you.....

wayn0

Post by wayn0 » 01 September 22 2:43 pm

Hello, I’ve just added an ICEM cache to Daisy Hill (Qld). It got flagged as a possible inappropriate area but there are several active GC caches near it. I know one of the COs and there has never been a issue for him. I’ll find an alternative nearby location if it is an issue or becomes one. I live in a neighbouring suburb so it’ll be easy to check on and maintain. Just a few minutes away.

GA26959 Daisy Hill (Qld) - ICEM

Cheers

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 01 September 22 3:10 pm

wayn0 wrote:
01 September 22 2:43 pm
Hello, I’ve just added an ICEM cache to Daisy Hill (Qld). It got flagged as a possible inappropriate area but there are several active GC caches near it. I know one of the COs and there has never been a issue for him. I’ll find an alternative nearby location if it is an issue or becomes one. I live in a neighbouring suburb so it’ll be easy to check on and maintain. Just a few minutes away.

GA26959 Daisy Hill (Qld) - ICEM

Cheers
Looks good to me. Good to see another ICEM out in the field. :D :D :D

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 September 22 3:33 pm

Daisy Hill is one of the few urban forests in south-east Queensland where you can picnic, bushwalk, cycle and horse ride.
I doubt a cache or two (or 4) would impact any greater than horse riders. Nicely done.

Team737
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lee.drury.71066/

Post by Team737 » 02 September 22 8:36 pm

wayn0 wrote:
01 September 22 2:43 pm
Hello, I’ve just added an ICEM cache to Daisy Hill (Qld).
Bugger.... we were just in Brisbane too, and not far from Daisy Hill on one of our cache drives.....

geono.
7000 or more caches found
7000 or more caches found

Post by geono. » 04 September 22 2:33 pm

Even with 8 verses in the ICEM series there's still plenty of places to cache in Aus that don't get a mention. I have 2 more verses if the series wants to be extended..

oldfella
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by oldfella » 04 September 22 2:44 pm

I will be placing one in Cunnamulla on the 24th September when I am there for an event.

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 04 September 22 6:38 pm

geono. wrote:
04 September 22 2:33 pm
Even with 8 verses in the ICEM series there's still plenty of places to cache in Aus that don't get a mention. I have 2 more verses if the series wants to be extended..
Great idea I think. Maybe start a new topic thread (More Verses for ICEM?) and get a bit of feedback from other cachers. The more verses the merry, and knowing your skill in the verse writing, I can imagine there will be a few more towns we can use.