Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
User avatar
whitewebbs
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Posts: 173
Joined: 05 February 11 6:39 pm
Location: Sandford

Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by whitewebbs » 01 August 18 11:33 am

Cool. A spring carnival of moveable racing dinosaurs. Off to check out the grandkids' toybox, op shops, $$ shops. Can't wait.

User avatar
spatialriq
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found
Posts: 326
Joined: 12 May 11 11:52 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by spatialriq » 01 August 18 11:56 am

Woohoo, these type have always been my favourite GCA game. Gnomes, Frogs, Transport and now Dinosaurs \:D/

User avatar
oldfella
9000 or more caches found
9000 or more caches found
Posts: 392
Joined: 08 September 07 5:50 pm
Location: Nanango QLD

Re: Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by oldfella » 01 August 18 12:34 pm

Well I am in. No toyshops around or close to me so lucky for me the GCA shop has a supply of Dinosaurs for me to purchase. Order in. Going to Brisbane close to the end of the Month so will be able to place a dinosaur on the southside where I know there is one or two active GCA Geocachers, so here is hoping.

Online
User avatar
ikkibrady
Posts: 69
Joined: 10 February 11 6:58 pm
Location: rosebud, victoria

Re: Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by ikkibrady » 01 August 18 3:43 pm

Didn't know about the dinosaurs in the shop. Awesome. Just ordered a few

User avatar
mattyrx
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 54
Joined: 21 May 10 9:57 pm
Location: The Channon, NSW

Re: Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by mattyrx » 24 August 18 9:38 pm

oldfella wrote:Going to Brisbane close to the end of the Month so will be able to place a dinosaur on the southside where I know there is one or two active GCA Geocachers, so here is hoping.
Hoping to find a few in Gold Coast or Northern NSW. I think there's a few of us jurassic geocachers hiding dinosaurs in the area.

petan
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 157
Joined: 30 August 08 8:56 am
Location: One foot on either side of the border (SE Qld/NE NSW)
Contact:

Re: Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by petan » 26 August 18 12:28 pm

mattyrx wrote:Hoping to find a few in Gold Coast or Northern NSW. I think there's a few of us jurassic geocachers hiding dinosaurs in the area.
There is a stegosaurus eagerly waiting for the 1st of September at the back of Palm Beach. Is that far enough south? I hadn't planned on hiding anything further south because I thought the distance might have been limiting to currently known GCA participants. But if there is a small contingent of dinosaur hunters in northern NSW I might be inclined to raid my local cheapie shop again before Saturday.

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1820
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by Sol de Lune » 26 August 18 1:30 pm

petan wrote:
mattyrx wrote:Hoping to find a few in Gold Coast or Northern NSW. I think there's a few of us jurassic geocachers hiding dinosaurs in the area.
There is a stegosaurus eagerly waiting for the 1st of September at the back of Palm Beach. Is that far enough south? I hadn't planned on hiding anything further south because I thought the distance might have been limiting to currently known GCA participants. But if there is a small contingent of dinosaur hunters in northern NSW I might be inclined to raid my local cheapie shop again before Saturday.
Go and raid the shop....or better yet, dive into our shop. Order today and you should get them in time to published by the start of the game.

The more in the game the better. There are certainly a few old dinosaurs around the Canberra area ready to go. :-" :-"

Looking forward to the start of the game.

User avatar
spatialriq
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found
Posts: 326
Joined: 12 May 11 11:52 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by spatialriq » 26 August 18 6:01 pm

Anyone know which shops have dragons? Not much at BigW or the local $2 type shops.

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1820
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by Sol de Lune » 26 August 18 6:11 pm

spatialriq wrote:Anyone know which shops have dragons? Not much at BigW or the local $2 type shops.
Dinosaurs. :D

Only 13 left, get in quick.....

https://geocaching.com.au/shop/index.ph ... uct_id=177

petan
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 157
Joined: 30 August 08 8:56 am
Location: One foot on either side of the border (SE Qld/NE NSW)
Contact:

Re: Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by petan » 26 August 18 7:17 pm

My local Reject Shop has $2 dinosaurs.

Although my 'catchup' dinosaur is on order from the GCA shop.

User avatar
whitewebbs
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Posts: 173
Joined: 05 February 11 6:39 pm
Location: Sandford

Re: Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by whitewebbs » 26 August 18 11:37 pm

spatialriq wrote:Anyone know which shops have dragons? Not much at BigW or the local $2 type shops.

How about your local op shop, tip shop, school fair or garage sale. I got one at a garage sale for 50 cents!

User avatar
mattyrx
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 54
Joined: 21 May 10 9:57 pm
Location: The Channon, NSW

Re: Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by mattyrx » 27 August 18 7:17 am

petan wrote: There is a stegosaurus eagerly waiting for the 1st of September at the back of Palm Beach. Is that far enough south? I hadn't planned on hiding anything further south because I thought the distance might have been limiting to currently known GCA participants. But if there is a small contingent of dinosaur hunters in northern NSW I might be inclined to raid my local cheapie shop again before Saturday.
There's a early spotting of a dinosaur at Coolangatta so I'm told... Palm Beach isn't too far away, I can get up that far.

petan
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 157
Joined: 30 August 08 8:56 am
Location: One foot on either side of the border (SE Qld/NE NSW)
Contact:

Re: Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by petan » 27 August 18 5:35 pm

mattyrx wrote:
petan wrote: There is a stegosaurus eagerly waiting for the 1st of September at the back of Palm Beach. Is that far enough south? I hadn't planned on hiding anything further south because I thought the distance might have been limiting to currently known GCA participants. But if there is a small contingent of dinosaur hunters in northern NSW I might be inclined to raid my local cheapie shop again before Saturday.
There's a early spotting of a dinosaur at Coolangatta so I'm told... Palm Beach isn't too far away, I can get up that far.
If the early spotting is a reference to the collection of the Relay Around Australia moveable by one Samboo Bear, yes I know about that one. He was tempted to see if there were other moveables in that area but I reminded him that if he actively searched for them, then that was against the rules and I would have to hide his chocolate. Needless to say this is when he decided that the grass was too wet and might end up with damp fur which he doesn't like. I assume you have checked his profile. :-)


"Suzy"

User avatar
mattyrx
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 54
Joined: 21 May 10 9:57 pm
Location: The Channon, NSW

Re: Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by mattyrx » 29 August 18 8:22 pm

petan wrote:If the early spotting is a reference to the collection of the Relay Around Australia moveable by one Samboo Bear, yes I know about that one. He was tempted to see if there were other moveables in that area but I reminded him that if he actively searched for them, then that was against the rules and I would have to hide his chocolate. Needless to say this is when he decided that the grass was too wet and might end up with damp fur which he doesn't like. I assume you have checked his profile. :-)


"Suzy"
Well Samboo is not just a pretty face! I imagine a dinosaur could pop up at the Kirra lookout in coming days! I've seen his profile and love looking at the photos of his adventures.

petan
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 157
Joined: 30 August 08 8:56 am
Location: One foot on either side of the border (SE Qld/NE NSW)
Contact:

Re: Dinosaur Moveable Game September 2018

Post by petan » 30 August 18 9:56 pm

Second stegosaur now in position admiring the view of the Tweed Bar. Shop order hasn't arrived yet (bl**dy Aus Post) so had to 'steal' the dinosaur I bought to replace the dinosaur I nicked from the work office toy box.


If the rumours of the Coolangatta dino are true, might have to make sure I get there early. Saturday is the day for a Seaside Scavange in Coolangatta where there are tokens to be won in exchange for items of rubbish. These tokens can be exchanged for prizes. The average muggle doesn't understand the different between trash and a valuable geocache. I have four caches within spitting distance of the beach and two elsewhere in town. I've removed the container which would be the most problematic to replace, and will do a cache check on Sunday.

Post Reply