May 2020

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Geocaching Australia

May 2020

Post by Geocaching Australia » 11 May 18 12:46 am

Believe it not, 2020 will soon be with us. Why do I tell you this? Well, 18th May 2020 is the 20th anniversary of the first cache placed in Australia......as well as May 2020 marking the fact that the game of Geocaching will be 20 years young.....and we want to celebrate these milestones.

We have a few ideas on how we should do at this, however we would like to engage the geocaching community as well.

To that end, Geocaching Australia would like to hear your views on how we can celebrate these milestones. How would you like to celebrate the start of it all? Would you like to help organise whatever it is we do?

It could be a game, an event or whatever. If you have an idea that would honour the beginning of geocaching here in Australia, let us know. There's room for more than one volunteer so you may get to take an active role in helping Geocaching Australia realise an idea.

If you’d like to be part of our organising committee, please send your details to Sol de Lune (via the GCA profile) by Thursday 31 May. If you have been involved in an organising committee before, please let us know. If you haven't been involved in a committee like this before, no problems, please still put in an Expression of Interest.

We'll be in touch with all those that have sent in an Expression of Interest with how we will proceed from there.

Kittykatch
10000 or more caches found

Re: May 2020

Post by Kittykatch » 23 June 18 2:08 pm

Hi J_&_J Thanks for your message. Yes, I am still interested in helping out with the May 2020 event. Cheers, Kath

2y'stassies

Re: May 2020

Post by 2y'stassies » 23 June 18 3:37 pm

Hi J_&_J,

I am still interested in being part of this group
Sue