Online Record Attempt Here - 27 Sep 2017

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Sol de Lune
Posts: 1820
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: Online Record Attempt Here - 27 Sep 2017

Post by Sol de Lune » 27 September 17 11:21 pm

sirius Tas wrote:Looks like I just wasted an hr of my time as didn't see any link to this forum item...even though I posted a reply to Stainless Steel Rat on Tas forum.......so I guess no trophy for me...even though my name appears on the users display...pretty pissed off. :shock: :shock:
Check this topic and make a note there and see what C@W can do.

http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopi ... 44&t=19605

User avatar
SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found
Posts: 650
Joined: 13 March 07 10:32 am
Location: Hobart

Re: Online Record Attempt Here - 27 Sep 2017

Post by SamCarter » 27 September 17 11:38 pm

Other commitments meant that I missed this, but great to see the record broken, recognise some familiar names, and feel the gca forum spirit alive and well.

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1820
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: Online Record Attempt Here - 27 Sep 2017

Post by Sol de Lune » 27 September 17 11:41 pm

Sol de Lune wrote:
sirius Tas wrote:Looks like I just wasted an hr of my time as didn't see any link to this forum item...even though I posted a reply to Stainless Steel Rat on Tas forum.......so I guess no trophy for me...even though my name appears on the users display...pretty pissed off. :shock: :shock:
Check this topic and make a note there and see what C@W can do.

http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopi ... 44&t=19605
Just a further follow up. There was a link to this topic in this one:

http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopi ... =1&t=19577

The link was posted there on Monday afternoon and checking the screen shots of who was online for the attempt, I see your name is there. So as mentioned above check the link to topic 19605 and see what C@W can do. Just go into your 'My Trophies' first though to see if the trophy comes up.

User avatar
No_Tomorrow
Posts: 388
Joined: 08 January 09 8:55 pm
Twitter: Tink001
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Online Record Attempt Here - 27 Sep 2017

Post by No_Tomorrow » 27 September 17 11:48 pm

I had to work right through it all. And unpaid. :(

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1820
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: Online Record Attempt Here - 27 Sep 2017

Post by Sol de Lune » 27 September 17 11:59 pm

No_Tomorrow wrote:I had to work right through it all. And unpaid. :(
Was wondering what happened when I didn't see your name. Tsk Tsk.....

User avatar
No_Tomorrow
Posts: 388
Joined: 08 January 09 8:55 pm
Twitter: Tink001
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Online Record Attempt Here - 27 Sep 2017

Post by No_Tomorrow » 28 September 17 12:18 am

Sol de Lune wrote:
No_Tomorrow wrote:I had to work right through it all. And unpaid. :(
Was wondering what happened when I didn't see your name. Tsk Tsk.....
Well it makes me feel a little better that someone noticed me missing. :)
I really wanted that trophy and 100 points though. Haha

User avatar
No_Tomorrow
Posts: 388
Joined: 08 January 09 8:55 pm
Twitter: Tink001
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Online Record Attempt Here - 27 Sep 2017

Post by No_Tomorrow » 28 September 17 12:22 am

jusojara wrote:
Sol de Lune wrote:
CraigRat wrote:
Snuva wrote:
Team Pathfinder wrote:Yippeeeee........ record smashed.

Please come back and use the forums more often - I miss the “old” days when we all met up. Facebook has it place but I miss chatting all over Oz.
Yes, I miss it too! So many people I haven't 'seen' in years!
+1
Yep, miss the days when everyone was on here discussing all things caching.....

+1
So now people are re/introduced to the forums should we resurrect some old threads or start some new interesting geocaching related ones?

User avatar
Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched
Posts: 2573
Joined: 03 April 03 12:28 am
Location: Kalamunda, WA
Contact:

Re: Online Record Attempt Here - 27 Sep 2017

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 28 September 17 1:56 am

No_Tomorrow wrote:I had to work right through it all. And unpaid. :(
I was driving a bus at the specified time, and logging into websites while doing so is.. frowned upon!

User avatar
CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 6944
Joined: 23 August 04 3:17 pm
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat
Location: Launceston, TAS
Contact:

Re: Online Record Attempt Here - 27 Sep 2017

Post by CraigRat » 28 September 17 8:50 am

Well, the server copes wqell with the load:
Heres' the webserver itself:

https://imgur.com/eCLRWeM
https://imgur.com/h0jog4D

The CPU load bearly even registered:
https://imgur.com/K4qgC90

Yellow is Free CPU, we used a massive ~0.6% of our CPU capacity

And RAM usage was not even noticable
https://imgur.com/e0zmQHS

This server is amazing, and provided we can maintain the hosting costs it may last for quite a few years.

The old server would have choked and died on all this.

User avatar
Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found
Posts: 1194
Joined: 10 April 03 4:51 pm
Location: Geraldton Western Australia
Contact:

Re: Online Record Attempt Here - 27 Sep 2017

Post by Team Pathfinder » 28 September 17 11:02 am

Papa Bear_Left wrote:
No_Tomorrow wrote:I had to work right through it all. And unpaid. :(
I was driving a bus at the specified time, and logging into websites while doing so is.. frowned upon!
Hi Ian

Long time no see! Still driving that bus eh?

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1820
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: Online Record Attempt Here - 27 Sep 2017

Post by Sol de Lune » 28 September 17 11:53 pm

CraigRat wrote:Well, the server copes wqell with the load:
Heres' the webserver itself:

https://imgur.com/eCLRWeM
https://imgur.com/h0jog4D

The CPU load bearly even registered:
https://imgur.com/K4qgC90

Yellow is Free CPU, we used a massive ~0.6% of our CPU capacity

And RAM usage was not even noticable
https://imgur.com/e0zmQHS

This server is amazing, and provided we can maintain the hosting costs it may last for quite a few years.

The old server would have choked and died on all this.
It all looks good to me, but then I'm not a computer hardware person. If CR says the server coped well, that sounds great for the future of it.

Now, as for the hosting costs.....

geo_jas
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Posts: 148
Joined: 07 May 11 8:22 am
Location: Melbourne, Vic

Re: Online Record Attempt Here - 27 Sep 2017

Post by geo_jas » 02 October 17 6:45 pm

Group photo added to the event page.
Sorry it took so long. :oops:

http://geocaching.com.au/gallery/images ... 367735.jpg

Thanks again everyone.

Post Reply