GZ not in the National Park

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
blossom*
3000 or more caches found

GZ not in the National Park

Post by blossom* » 19 January 17 6:25 pm

I have a cache which is outside a NSW National Park but the listed co-ordinates put it inside the boundary. As this is a puzzle cache, I can't change the listed co-ords as they must be as they are for the puzzle to work.

But once the puzzle is solved, the co-ords (and the container) are well outside the NP.

My question is how I publish this cache? Who do I need to advise about the details to confirm that the cache is not in the NP? Or can I simply publish it and just have the message on the cache page that GZ is not in the NP?

Thanks

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Re: GZ not in the National Park

Post by CraigRat » 19 January 17 7:48 pm

GC or GCA?

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 19 January 17 8:39 pm

GCA of course :D I don't bother with GC these days.

MavEtJu
Twitter: @mavetju

Post by MavEtJu » 20 January 17 9:53 pm

I had the same problem with Waterfall Station Parking Area Math Contest (http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga9125).

I uploaded an Google Earth image with the initial waypoint and the final waypoint and overlayed the KML file for the NSW National Parks and that was enough.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 20 January 17 10:52 pm

I had the same problem with one I tried to hide up near Coffs Harbour for the Scavenge. The site complained it was in the National Parks area, but there were no signs driving in from that side and it was between a cemetery and a lake with a walking track. No way of saying it was OK. And maybe it was within a National Parks boundary but it could have caused no evironmental damage.

Sambuccasam
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by Sambuccasam » 01 February 17 9:36 pm

blossom* wrote:I have a cache which is outside a NSW National Park but the listed co-ordinates put it inside the boundary. As this is a puzzle cache, I can't change the listed co-ords as they must be as they are for the puzzle to work.

But once the puzzle is solved, the co-ords (and the container) are well outside the NP.

My question is how I publish this cache? Who do I need to advise about the details to confirm that the cache is not in the NP? Or can I simply publish it and just have the message on the cache page that GZ is not in the NP?

Thanks
I just wrote The cache is not located at the listed coordinates in my description and also when I published it I explained it was not in the National park only they mystery coordinates are. Because I am working on a big geoart and this space on the map in my area is free of markers.
The warnings are courtesy warnings.

Sambuccasam
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by Sambuccasam » 01 February 17 9:41 pm

Sambuccasam wrote:
blossom* wrote:I have a cache which is outside a NSW National Park but the listed co-ordinates put it inside the boundary. As this is a puzzle cache, I can't change the listed co-ords as they must be as they are for the puzzle to work.

Thanks
I just wrote The cache is not located at the listed coordinates in my description and also when I published it I explained it was not in the National park only they mystery coordinates are. Because I am working on a big geoart and this space on the map in my area is free of markers.
The warnings are courtesy warnings.
also a note there are 3 GC caches hidden in this national Park. 2 traditional's and a mystery puzzle with the worked out coordinates for the cache being in the National Park. My mystery caches are all in the adjoining reserve parks which do not list warnings.