Report Site Issues Here

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
2y'stassies
10000 or more caches found

Re: Report Site Issues Here

Post by 2y'stassies » 25 May 19 12:35 am

This evening we uploaded 6 GC finds that we made today (GC864VM, GC87MT8, GC87KP7, GC87DDJ, GC87DDX & GC84HHP) but these finds were not added to our GCA list of finds.

When we checked the six found logs that had been uploaded our caching name was listed as 2y\'stassies and not the correct name 2y'stassies.

We checked the file we uploaded (opened the gpx file as a text file) and our correct caching name was attached to each of the logs.

It appears that the additional character (\) was added in the uploading process. A copy of the uploaded gpx file can be forwarded if required.

We have tried to delete the found logs made under the user name 2y\'stassies but we dont have ownership and hence cannot delete them.

Has the dreaded apostrophe struck again?

2y'stassies

Post by 2y'stassies » 25 May 19 12:45 am

Update on previous post.

Just checked again and the 6 finds have now come across to GCA and there is no trace of finds logs for 2y\'stassies.

sharnie's tribe
9500 or more caches found
9500 or more caches found

Post by sharnie's tribe » 25 May 19 12:51 pm

Back to normal this morning and the finds we tried to log last night are now appearing on our found list. Whatever the issue was it seems to have corrected itself

Chwiliwr

Post by Chwiliwr » 10 June 19 7:37 pm

For some time I have noticed a discrepancy with a very small number of Dz zones clan control values not matching the number of controlled caches in the zones.

I came across another one today.

If I do a list of Mosman Park Dz GCA caches (https://geocaching.com.au/zone/caches/2386/gca) there is 'Blue Allosaurus' controlled completely by Cerberus and 'Buckland Hill' Obelisk controlled completely by Griffin with a history cache not part of Dz as the only other cache in the zone however when I view dragonZone Zone Control (https://geocaching.com.au/dragonzone/zonecontrol/) it shows the Mosman Park Dz under the Cerberus column being controlled by Cerberus with 2 caches over Griffin with just 1 cache.

Is this a bug or something else?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 10 June 19 7:46 pm

Probably an old update which didn't happen.
https://geocaching.com.au/zone/caches/2386/gca
Looks right now.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 20 June 19 9:30 pm

I was doing my regular update of cache logs for ACT/NSW tonight and noticed this error message.

Unknown log type, set to Noted: GC87RA8 'Event Announcement'. Please advise a site administrator.

I don't know if this is a new way GSAK might be flagging it before I export, or if something else has changed.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 20 June 19 9:49 pm

I don't know if we handle that. I'll check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the heads-up.

2y'stassies

Centroid Travels End Point

Post by 2y'stassies » 21 June 19 1:11 pm

Just having a little break and checked out this nice addition but found our end point is labelled July 2019 and there does not appear to be a June 2019.
Not a major problem

Black Bunny

Post by Black Bunny » 22 June 19 11:46 am

Can not log into main site for some reason. Can one of the wonderful fairies check to see if there is an issue.

Thanks

Lions.v.Lambs

Post by Lions.v.Lambs » 22 June 19 11:56 am

The nearby/unfound cache feature is displaying available caches at the furthermost distance from the zero point upwards of 130km. This was still a good feature to use for tracking any problems in the last several logs on caches in a zone when preparing journeys.

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 22 June 19 12:37 pm

Black Bunny wrote:
22 June 19 11:46 am
Can not log into main site for some reason. Can one of the wonderful fairies check to see if there is an issue.

Thanks
From the login screen…

If you cannot log in, you will need to go to the new GCA Forums and login there at least once.
Then you should be able to login here.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 June 19 12:48 pm

You could also try and delete your cookies and try to log in again.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 June 19 12:54 pm

Lions.v.Lambs wrote:
22 June 19 11:56 am
The nearby/unfound cache feature is displaying available caches at the furthermost distance from the zero point upwards of 130km. This was still a good feature to use for tracking any problems in the last several logs on caches in a zone when preparing journeys.
Thanks for the report. This was an easy fix and an embarassing bug to have missed. This is now corrected.

Lions.v.Lambs

Post by Lions.v.Lambs » 22 June 19 1:00 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
22 June 19 12:54 pm
Lions.v.Lambs wrote:
22 June 19 11:56 am
Thanks for the report. This was an easy fix and an embarassing bug to have missed. This is now corrected.
Awesome, thanks for the great work. :gnomette

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 01 July 19 4:09 pm

I can't log in to the website. It just keeps redirecting me to the login/register screen.