Report Site Issues Here

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
nutwood

Re: Report Site Issues Here

Post by nutwood » 17 January 17 6:20 pm

I was wondering if there's any site reason why, every time I leave the forums, I have to log in again? Might be some setting of mine but it doesn't seem to happen anywhere else. I select "Log in automatically" but it doesn't. If I close this tab, then return to it, I'll have to enter user-name and password again.

blossom*
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 17 January 17 7:26 pm

Do you have a possible time when the forum will be fixed? I assume the fact that "view active topics" doesn't actually list active topics is due to the old code needing to be rewritten? Or could I somehow fix this with some setting?

Chwiliwr
10000 or more caches found

Post by Chwiliwr » 18 January 17 12:02 am

blossom* wrote:Do you have a possible time when the forum will be fixed? I assume the fact that "view active topics" doesn't actually list active topics is due to the old code needing to be rewritten? Or could I somehow fix this with some setting?
Once you have logged in try 'View new posts' which will give you all topics that have had posts since your last visit.

jusojara

Post by jusojara » 18 January 17 9:21 am

nutwood wrote:I was wondering if there's any site reason why, every time I leave the forums, I have to log in again? Might be some setting of mine but it doesn't seem to happen anywhere else. I select "Log in automatically" but it doesn't. If I close this tab, then return to it, I'll have to enter user-name and password again.
I am now having the same thing happen. I used to return to the page and already be logged in but now I need to re-login each time (1st world problem I know) :-"

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 18 January 17 9:38 am

This is a known issue after the recent infrastructure upgrade. The version of the forum software we use is not 100% compatible. We're waiting for the newest release of the forum software (which is still only in release candidate). Patience and many logins are our only option at this point.

WazzaAndWenches
5000 or more caches found

Post by WazzaAndWenches » 01 February 17 6:26 pm

The "Vic Cache Update" daily update email seems to be missing a few caches. I've published a few caches (Unknown/mystery) over the last few days yet only a couple have made it into the daily email. Three were published at about 9pm last night yet only one made it into the email. (GA9449, GA9450, GA9869)

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 01 February 17 6:54 pm

Not sure if it's an issue or just my lack of understanding...
The dZ state control still shows NSW as Cerberus controlled but Griffin have control of more zones in NSW. What's happening here? Is there another dZ point thing I don't get?

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 01 February 17 7:07 pm

caughtatwork wrote:This is a known issue after the recent infrastructure upgrade. The version of the forum software we use is not 100% compatible. We're waiting for the newest release of the forum software (which is still only in release candidate). Patience and many logins are our only option at this point.
The sounds of schrieking you can hear in the distance is CraigRat breaking his development system trying to upgrade the forums.

Won't be long ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 February 17 9:04 pm

No_Tomorrow wrote:Not sure if it's an issue or just my lack of understanding...
The dZ state control still shows NSW as Cerberus controlled but Griffin have control of more zones in NSW. What's happening here? Is there another dZ point thing I don't get?
Griffin control 66 zones.
Cerberus control 67 zones
Griffin need to do a conversion of a Cerberus or steal from Minotaur / Phoenix to draw equal.
GRIFFIN:
Bellingen (A)
Conargo (A)
Lachlan (A)
Lismore (C)
Murrumbidgee (A)
Singleton (A)
Greater Taree (C)
Hay (A)
Warren (A)
Bogan (A)
Parkes (A)
Muswellbrook (A)
Bombala (A)
Forbes (A)
Burwood (A)
Central Darling (A)
Unincorporated NSW
Narromine (A)
Cabonne (A)
Richmond Valley (A)
Oberon (A)
Ballina (A)
Clarence Valley (A)
Eurobodalla (A)
Mid-Western Regional (A)
Gunnedah (A)
Maitland (C)
Gloucester (A)
Balranald (A)
Junee (A)
Shellharbour (C)
Kempsey (A)
Cobar (A)
Griffith (C)
Nambucca (A)
Blayney (A)
Warrumbungle Shire (A)
Bathurst Regional (A)
Cootamundra (A)
Coffs Harbour (C)
Wellington (A)
Urana (A)
Port Macquarie-Hastings (A)
Campbelltown (C)
Kiama (A)
Lake Macquarie (C)
Bega Valley (A)
Tweed (A)
Orange (C)
Dubbo (C)
Gilgandra (A)
Walcha (A)
Blacktown (C)
Shoalhaven (C)
Wagga Wagga (C)
Sutherland Shire (A)
Lithgow (C)
Cooma-Monaro (A)
Tamworth Regional (A)
Blue Mountains (C)
Parramatta (C)
Camden (A)
Wollondilly (A)
Auburn (A)
Leichhardt (A)
Tumut Shire (A)

CERBERUS:
Gwydir (A)
Leeton (A)
Deniliquin (A)
Corowa Shire (A)
Berrigan (A)
Bombala (A)
Glen Innes Severn (A)
Moree Plains (A)
Lockhart (A)
Bourke (A)
Randwick (C)
Waverley (A)
Holroyd (C)
Young (A)
Harden (A)
Wakool (A)
Balranald (A)
Inverell (A)
Greater Hume Shire (A)
Bland (A)
Weddin (A)
Marrickville (A)
Jerilderie (A)
Albury (C)
Narrandera (A)
Coolamon (A)
Shellharbour (C)
Hurstville (C)
Kogarah (C)
Rockdale (C)
Liverpool (C)
Warrumbungle Shire (A)
Woollahra (A)
Tumbarumba (A)
Canada Bay (A)
Palerang (A)
Temora (A)
Lane Cove (A)
Gundagai (A)
Narrabri (A)
Boorowa (A)
Cowra (A)
Mosman (A)
Ku-ring-gai (A)
Bankstown (C)
Gosford (C)
Upper Lachlan Shire (A)
Wyong (A)
Armidale Dumaresq (A)
Yass Valley (A)
Gilgandra (A)
Strathfield (A)
Guyra (A)
Murray (A)
Sydney (C)
Manly (A)
Sutherland Shire (A)
Canterbury (C)
Wollongong (C)
Queanbeyan (C)
Goulburn Mulwaree (A)
Parramatta (C)
North Sydney (A)
Camden (A)
Wingecarribee (A)
Tumut Shire (A)
Snowy River (A)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 February 17 9:34 pm

WazzaAndWenches wrote:The "Vic Cache Update" daily update email seems to be missing a few caches. I've published a few caches (Unknown/mystery) over the last few days yet only a couple have made it into the daily email. Three were published at about 9pm last night yet only one made it into the email. (GA9449, GA9450, GA9869)
You are correct. That's a bug that has been there for years. Unless you updated the cache just before you published it it would never come up ion the daily mailer. I have forced an update on a publish log so these should now always appear. Thanks for the catch.

WazzaAndWenches

Post by WazzaAndWenches » 11 February 17 3:59 pm

The Vigenere tool in the toolbox needs a null entry check.
ie. enter the code but forget to enter the key and this is returned...

Fatal error: Uncaught DivisionByZeroError: Modulo by zero in /var/www/site/gca/include/gca_toolbox.php:326 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/site/gca/docroot/toolbox/vigenere/html.php(51): gca_vigenere('yauqarebqeqcnqo...', '', 'decrypt') #1 /var/www/site/gca/docroot/toolbox/vigenere/index.php(9): require_once('/var/www/site/g...') #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/site/gca/include/gca_toolbox.php on line 326

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 12 February 17 12:42 pm

Thanks for that. All fixed.

2y'stassies

Post by 2y'stassies » 13 February 17 5:38 pm

Not sure if this is a problem or something I'm not doing. When I logged into my dragon zone from the my cacher space menu I got the usual info plus a map square headed Unfound and unowned Geocaches Not yet controlled by Minotaur. I ticked the boxes and clicked on map and waited but got nothing. However when I clicked on the blank space in the square I got Maralinga Tjarutja(AC). I then tried satellite and got a nice picture of the desert around Maralinga. I could reduce the view area so that I had a map of Australia with Tasmania but no cache info. What do I need to do? This looks like it could be a very useful item.

2y'stassies

Post by 2y'stassies » 13 February 17 9:36 pm

Just noticed another couple of problems this time with my Queries. We haven't changed any of our queries but when I ran the Tas moveables TBF I got a list of all moveable caches in Tasmania not just the ones we hadn't found. The Caches we haven't found is ticked. Also when I tried the Locationless TBF query nothing appeared - there should be a page and a half. Again nothing seems to have changed when I checked the query set up page.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 13 February 17 10:08 pm

2y'stassies wrote:Not sure if this is a problem or something I'm not doing. When I logged into my dragon zone from the my cacher space menu I got the usual info plus a map square headed Unfound and unowned Geocaches Not yet controlled by Minotaur. I ticked the boxes and clicked on map and waited but got nothing. However when I clicked on the blank space in the square I got Maralinga Tjarutja(AC). I then tried satellite and got a nice picture of the desert around Maralinga. I could reduce the view area so that I had a map of Australia with Tasmania but no cache info. What do I need to do? This looks like it could be a very useful item.
The implication is you don't have home coordinates set. Check your My Settings page. If you have no home coords add them. If you do it should have centered the map at those coords. Let me know one way or the other as it works for others. If it centres on your home zoom out until you see caches. The list should show the same caches as on the map.