Report Site Issues Here

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
stainless-steel-rat

Re: Report Site Issues Here

Post by stainless-steel-rat » 25 August 19 11:16 pm

I get the same as the goose, and have checked with another Tassie two head and they have the same so it's not just one of us.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 26 August 19 9:55 am

They both have a lion on them, what else would you like?

gooseandegg
10000 or more caches found

Post by gooseandegg » 26 August 19 10:59 am

caughtatwork wrote:
26 August 19 9:55 am
They both have a lion on them, what else would you like?
The PROPER TASMANIAN FLAG like we used to have is what we want. Tasmania is a big player of the GCA game so recognizing our own state correctly is what I am asking for. It used to be the correct flag but I guess an 'upgrade' has determined it was not required.....just like the rest of the world seems to think about Tasmania! ](*,)

stainless-steel-rat

Post by stainless-steel-rat » 26 August 19 8:55 pm

I noticed some caches I have found on GC the logs aren't show on GCA, with some of them being shown as archived, I fixed the archived on GCA by using the 'Set Available' option.
In the hope of updating any other caches I went to import my finds PQ from GC but I get an error?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 26 August 19 10:29 pm

Where did you get the file. The parser doesn't recognise the data's format. Send it to caughtatwork@gmail.com and I'll have a look at it.

stainless-steel-rat

Post by stainless-steel-rat » 27 August 19 1:04 am

Email sent with the GPX attached.

whitewebbs
6500 or more caches found

Re: Flag

Post by whitewebbs » 27 August 19 6:38 pm

gooseandegg wrote:
24 August 19 9:53 am
I notice on the top of my page I have the NSW flag. It used to be the Tasmanian flag for those of us in the island state.
Cheers g&e
Cool I notice the 'Tassie Lion flag" has returned. Thank you. At least nearest unfound is in Tasmania and not NSW like it was when the NSW flag was flying.

gooseandegg

Post by gooseandegg » 27 August 19 7:46 pm

whitewebbs wrote:
27 August 19 6:38 pm
gooseandegg wrote:
24 August 19 9:53 am
I notice on the top of my page I have the NSW flag. It used to be the Tasmanian flag for those of us in the island state.
Cheers g&e
Cool I notice the 'Tassie Lion flag" has returned. Thank you. At least nearest unfound is in Tasmania and not NSW like it was when the NSW flag was flying.
The colony is content now. Thank you!

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 28 August 19 9:45 am

stainless-steel-rat wrote:
26 August 19 8:55 pm
I noticed some caches I have found on GC the logs aren't show on GCA, with some of them being shown as archived, I fixed the archived on GCA by using the 'Set Available' option.
In the hope of updating any other caches I went to import my finds PQ from GC but I get an error?

Thanks for this.

The file you are loading (which will not be unique to you in the long run), is between 20MB and 30MB depending on whether we see the GSAK attributes inthe XML). This is far beyond what we have experienced before.

A check of the XML parser revealed it will only handle a certain amount of data before it chokes. However there is a parameter called LIBXML_PARSEHUGE which can be used to accept almost infinitely large files. This is not turned on by default (probably a memory thing). I have used that parameter in the XML parser and all is well and your file has been loaded.

Large XML files should not be a problem in the future (up to the limits as indicated on the import page regarding file size).

Luckyl10n

Post by Luckyl10n » 01 September 19 9:21 am

Hi folks

I just did a flying trip to Melbourne and in preparation was looking for some GCA caches to collect. I noticed that Stonnington looked like it had a few worth a visit, but turns out the 16 dZ caches is only 5. Any idea what happened to the others? Zone page shows Cerberus 4 and Minotaur 12 with zero for the others, but the GCA cache page only shows 4 Cerberus and 1 Minotaur? Strange forces seem to be at work!

Cheers

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 02 September 19 10:16 am

Link?

Luckyl10n

Post by Luckyl10n » 02 September 19 12:00 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
02 September 19 10:16 am
Link?
Looks like it has now updated and is now showing correctly \:D/

crew 153
9000 or more caches found
9000 or more caches found

Post by crew 153 » 03 September 19 12:14 am

caughtatwork wrote:
28 August 19 9:45 am
stainless-steel-rat wrote:
26 August 19 8:55 pm

Thanks for this.

The file you are loading (which will not be unique to you in the long run), is between 20MB and 30MB depending on whether we see the GSAK attributes inthe XML). This is far beyond what we have experienced before.

A check of the XML parser revealed it will only handle a certain amount of data before it chokes. However there is a parameter called LIBXML_PARSEHUGE which can be used to accept almost infinitely large files. This is not turned on by default (probably a memory thing). I have used that parameter in the XML parser and all is well and your file has been loaded.

Large XML files should not be a problem in the future (up to the limits as indicated on the import page regarding file size).
Wow!! Thanks for this I have been limiting my uploads to below 12Mb to get around this problem. It will be a relief to be able to import larger files.

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 16 September 19 7:11 pm

Is there a problem with noticications? I have had no daily emails since 14 Sept and no moveable moves' notifications or new cache notifications.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 17 September 19 10:02 am

Your GMAIL account is rejecting the email. We're sending it, they're rejecting it. I don't know whether this is something we can address but I'll let CraigRat know.