GeosportZ 2016

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
User avatar
caughtatwork
Posts: 16302
Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by caughtatwork » 15 August 16 12:23 pm

It doesn't matter whether you are in a clan or not. It's probably the latest css file which is not being displayed. Ctrl-F5 and get the latest css file to display the image maybe?

MavEtJu
Posts: 486
Joined: 07 January 15 9:15 pm
Twitter: @mavetju
Location: Caringbah
Contact:

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by MavEtJu » 15 August 16 2:10 pm

caughtatwork wrote:It doesn't matter whether you are in a clan or not. It's probably the latest css file which is not being displayed. Ctrl-F5 and get the latest css file to display the image maybe?
Aha, they are now green. Thanks.

(I would still have swapped "image - number" to "number - image" to keep the flow in the same place when you scroll up/down)

MavEtJu
Posts: 486
Joined: 07 January 15 9:15 pm
Twitter: @mavetju
Location: Caringbah
Contact:

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by MavEtJu » 16 August 16 2:43 pm

> Find and log any GCA or GC physical cache that has the word hockey, stick or /puck/ in the cache name to claim this requirement.

That is ice hockey, not grass hockey :-)

Edwin

Toriaz
200 or more found
200 or more found
Posts: 212
Joined: 21 August 10 9:03 am
Location: Springwood, NSW

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by Toriaz » 16 August 16 3:47 pm

lucky1955 wrote:Question re #8 Cycling requirements to find a cache which has a bike friendly icon (applies on GC caches) or ride a bike to the cache.
Would a GA moveable where the cache is the bike count?

If it's my moveable you're thinking off, a picture of you riding would be amusing.

User avatar
Altaire
Posts: 5
Joined: 15 March 06 10:58 pm
Location: Ulverstone, TAS

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by Altaire » 16 August 16 8:01 pm

Regarding Challenge 28 The Olympic Rings. "Find and log any GCA or GC physical geocache where the words red, green, blue, black or yellow appear in the name of the geocache to claim this requirement."

Does the word have to be stand alone or can it form part of another word in the geocache name - in the same manner as the word requirement is specified in Challenges 6 & 13?

Many thanks

User avatar
No_Tomorrow
Posts: 470
Joined: 08 January 09 8:55 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by No_Tomorrow » 16 August 16 10:58 pm

Altaire wrote:Regarding Challenge 28 The Olympic Rings. "Find and log any GCA or GC physical geocache where the words red, green, blue, black or yellow appear in the name of the geocache to claim this requirement."

Does the word have to be stand alone or can it form part of another word in the geocache name - in the same manner as the word requirement is specified in Challenges 6 & 13?

Many thanks
I've found you put the claim in, it gets accepted or rejected. It's the best way to answer any questions if you've already found it.

I've discovered no amount of planning can help when there has been an abundance of rain. So far I've missed 4 planned caches due to pooling and flooding. One I even walked through nearly knee deep water for over 50m just to get a DNF. Was fun though.
Last edited by No_Tomorrow on 17 August 16 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1866
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by Sol de Lune » 16 August 16 11:00 pm

No, in this instance the word must be stand alone.....

2y'stassies
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found
Posts: 337
Joined: 19 January 10 7:54 pm
Location: Ulverstone Tasmania

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by 2y'stassies » 17 August 16 8:34 am

Can you claim 12 Golf and 36 Golf or is it one or the other?

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1866
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by Sol de Lune » 17 August 16 10:17 am

2y'stassies wrote:Can you claim 12 Golf and 36 Golf or is it one or the other?
You can claim both over the course of the game, however like all claims, you can't claim the requirements on the same cache......

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found
Posts: 1282
Joined: 05 October 10 10:20 pm
Location: Yorke Peninsula, South Australia

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by Laighside Legends » 17 August 16 8:37 pm

Number 34 - Equestrian (hiding): Do horse racing clubs count? Harness racing? Polocrosse?

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1866
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by Sol de Lune » 18 August 16 2:16 pm

Laighside Legends wrote:Number 34 - Equestrian (hiding): Do horse racing clubs count? Harness racing? Polocrosse?
Yes.......Racing Clubs, Harness Racing and Polocrosse clubs are all good.

User avatar
Sambuccasam
300 or more found
300 or more found
Posts: 85
Joined: 23 July 16 12:19 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by Sambuccasam » 18 August 16 9:04 pm

Hmm well because I only found my first cache 25th July 2016 and I cannot for the life of me navigate around forums and because it is a game kind of question I thought I would just ask here. If I wanted to hide a cache for GCA olympics how quickly is it up and running? Would I make it in time for the challenges if I did one tonight or tomorrow and filled in the hider form? A geo Australia cache that is. :griffin

MavEtJu
Posts: 486
Joined: 07 January 15 9:15 pm
Twitter: @mavetju
Location: Caringbah
Contact:

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by MavEtJu » 18 August 16 9:09 pm

Sambuccasam wrote:Hmm well because I only found my first cache 25th July 2016 and I cannot for the life of me navigate around forums and because it is a game kind of question I thought I would just ask here. If I wanted to hide a cache for GCA olympics how quickly is it up and running? Would I make it in time for the challenges if I did one tonight or tomorrow and filled in the hider form? A geo Australia cache that is. :griffin
Welcome!

The moment you have logged the new cache as "Published" it is available for everybody to get.

Edwin

User avatar
Sambuccasam
300 or more found
300 or more found
Posts: 85
Joined: 23 July 16 12:19 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by Sambuccasam » 18 August 16 11:39 pm

MavEtJu wrote:
Sambuccasam wrote:Hmm well because I only found my first cache 25th July 2016 and I cannot for the life of me navigate around forums and because it is a game kind of question I thought I would just ask here. If I wanted to hide a cache for GCA olympics how quickly is it up and running? Would I make it in time for the challenges if I did one tonight or tomorrow and filled in the hider form? A geo Australia cache that is. :griffin
Welcome!

The moment you have logged the new cache as "Published" it is available for everybody to get.

Edwin
Super Dooper. Now to work out that publishing challenge lol. Thanks for the quick response.

User avatar
tronador
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found
Posts: 1547
Joined: 04 November 05 10:18 pm
Location: Lidcombe,Sydney, NSW

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by tronador » 18 August 16 11:44 pm

Rowing- if the cache is a multi and GZ is withing 50m of the edge of a water way, is this ok? Or must the published coords of the multi be 50 m from the edge?

Post Reply