GeosportZ 2016

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Post Reply
User avatar
WazzaAndWenches
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Posts: 365
Joined: 08 April 07 10:28 pm
Location: Echuca, Vic
Contact:

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by WazzaAndWenches » 08 August 16 9:21 pm

J_&_J wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I too was wondering if I'd misread something.

I'm not playing for a sheep station, or for a pathtag for that matter, so wherever we finish on the ladder is unimportant to us. We're just enjoying the fun it's added to our regular geocaching. :D
+1

User avatar
tronador
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Posts: 1542
Joined: 04 November 05 10:18 pm
Location: Lidcombe,Sydney, NSW

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by tronador » 08 August 16 10:39 pm

WazzaAndWenches wrote:
J_&_J wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I too was wondering if I'd misread something.

I'm not playing for a sheep station, or for a pathtag for that matter, so wherever we finish on the ladder is unimportant to us. We're just enjoying the fun it's added to our regular geocaching. :D
+1
Me three

User avatar
teamMerlin
Posts: 2
Joined: 15 August 15 6:52 pm
Location: Hawkesbury

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by teamMerlin » 09 August 16 1:15 pm

Clarification for event 19 in which a multi-cache with 5 or more waypoints are needed. Would a night cache count when you have to follow 20+ fire tacks to GZ?

User avatar
whitewebbs
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Posts: 192
Joined: 05 February 11 6:39 pm
Location: Sandford

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by whitewebbs » 09 August 16 1:50 pm

Hi are moveables and trigs considered physical caches as you have to actually go there to find and/or take photo? If I publish a history cache is this considered physical as well as you have to go to coords?

Thanks for setting this up, having fun deciding what to do when and where.

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1830
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by Sol de Lune » 09 August 16 5:21 pm

whitewebbs wrote:Hi are moveables and trigs considered physical caches as you have to actually go there to find and/or take photo? If I publish a history cache is this considered physical as well as you have to go to coords?

Thanks for setting this up, having fun deciding what to do when and where.
Moveables and trigs are physical caches, but alas, history caches are not.

Hope that helps you plan your adventures.....

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1830
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by Sol de Lune » 09 August 16 5:23 pm

teamMerlin wrote:Clarification for event 19 in which a multi-cache with 5 or more waypoints are needed. Would a night cache count when you have to follow 20+ fire tacks to GZ?
Sorry, that would be a no. Must be a multi with 5 or more actual waypoints.

User avatar
whitewebbs
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Posts: 192
Joined: 05 February 11 6:39 pm
Location: Sandford

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by whitewebbs » 09 August 16 5:49 pm

Sol de Lune wrote:
whitewebbs wrote:Hi are moveables and trigs considered physical caches as you have to actually go there to find and/or take photo? If I publish a history cache is this considered physical as well as you have to go to coords?

Thanks for setting this up, having fun deciding what to do when and where.
Moveables and trigs are physical caches, but alas, history caches are not.

Hope that helps you plan your adventures.....
Yes a big help, thanks for the quick response.

User avatar
whitewebbs
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Posts: 192
Joined: 05 February 11 6:39 pm
Location: Sandford

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by whitewebbs » 09 August 16 6:04 pm

Ok, another question. I just went to log a couple of caches that I got first to find on and it said not a known cache as they were GC caches. I see a previous post says something very technical about importing them. If I just wait a couple of days, I should be able to put the claim in then as long as I claim within 7 days?

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1830
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by Sol de Lune » 09 August 16 7:36 pm

whitewebbs wrote:Ok, another question. I just went to log a couple of caches that I got first to find on and it said not a known cache as they were GC caches. I see a previous post says something very technical about importing them. If I just wait a couple of days, I should be able to put the claim in then as long as I claim within 7 days?
Yes, as long as you log within 7 days of your find date all will be good. It is also an easy process to import the cache yourself......check the wiki on how to do that.....it will speed up your claim by a day or two.

MavEtJu
Posts: 486
Joined: 07 January 15 9:15 pm
Twitter: @mavetju
Location: Caringbah
Contact:

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by MavEtJu » 09 August 16 10:43 pm

I have sorted the requirements by type and have come up with this document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZGz ... sp=sharing

Feel free to use or fork.

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found
Posts: 1273
Joined: 05 October 10 10:20 pm
Location: Yorke Peninsula, South Australia

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by Laighside Legends » 10 August 16 1:36 am

Does Finska count as a sport for number 11 - Football?
caughtatwork wrote:I'm, not a game admin. Please use the administrators tab at the game page and contact either LouiseAnn or Sol de lune as they are the game admin.
I have sent a message to both LouiseAnn and Sol de lune and have not had a reply.

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1830
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by Sol de Lune » 10 August 16 8:36 am

Laighside Legends wrote:Does Finska count as a sport for number 11 - Football?
caughtatwork wrote:I'm, not a game admin. Please use the administrators tab at the game page and contact either LouiseAnn or Sol de lune as they are the game admin.
I have sent a message to both LouiseAnn and Sol de lune and have not had a reply.
Sorry, the only message I've seen is about the 1500m. Is that the one you are referring to? If so, we've actioned it as requested. With the amount of e-mails received, we haven't reply to each request or claim, just actioned them.

As for Finska.........it's not really a sport, so sorry, no it doesn't count.

LouiseAnn
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Posts: 727
Joined: 08 August 09 12:04 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by LouiseAnn » 10 August 16 2:58 pm

Laighside Legends wrote:Does Finska count as a sport for number 11 - Football?
caughtatwork wrote:I'm, not a game admin. Please use the administrators tab at the game page and contact either LouiseAnn or Sol de lune as they are the game admin.
I have sent a message to both LouiseAnn and Sol de lune and have not had a reply.
I didn't get that message either..... how odd.

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found
Posts: 1273
Joined: 05 October 10 10:20 pm
Location: Yorke Peninsula, South Australia

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by Laighside Legends » 10 August 16 7:10 pm

Sol de Lune wrote: Sorry, the only message I've seen is about the 1500m. Is that the one you are referring to? If so, we've actioned it as requested. With the amount of e-mails received, we haven't reply to each request or claim, just actioned them.
Oh, well it doesn't seem to have worked then as the claim is still there when I go to http://geocaching.com.au/dragonzone/gam ... 16/claims/ :-k
Sol de Lune wrote:As for Finska.........it's not really a sport, so sorry, no it doesn't count.
Just don't say that to a Finnish person!
LouiseAnn wrote:I didn't get that message either..... how odd.
Odd - it emailed me this copy after I submitted it.

Code: Select all

Hello LouiseAnn,

The following is an e-mail sent to you by Laighside Legends via your
account on "Geocaching Australia". If this message is spam, contains
abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster
of the board at the following address:

forum@geocaching.com.au

Include this full e-mail (particularly the headers). Please note that the
reply address to this e-mail has been set to that of Laighside Legends.

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As mentioned on the forums, could you delete my claim for Number 26 - The
1500m? (I got the date wrong)

Cheers,
Ben (Laighside Legends)

lucky1955
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Posts: 32
Joined: 30 April 14 3:33 pm
Location: Freeman's Reach

Re: GeosportZ 2016

Post by lucky1955 » 10 August 16 8:49 pm

Question on #6 Boxing: the listed requirement is for the word 'ring' would the word 'box' be acceptable?

Post Reply