New Geo-Cacher In Need Of Help [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Weekend Explorer

New Geo-Cacher In Need Of Help [closed]

Post by Weekend Explorer » 12 December 04 2:46 pm

:shock:
Gday everyone how are we all, i hope well.

Well I have just found my first Cache The Library in Nsw, I also have the USA Geo coin.

I am trying to Log in to the Geocaching website in australia to log my find but its keeps on telling me that I need to be logged in and have a valid caching name.

where do i get a valid caching name and how do i enter it in.

I am already a member of the website www.geocaching.com

Any thoughts?
I am puzzled

Weekend Explorer

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 12 December 04 4:42 pm

here's a couple of things to look at first.

Did you validate your membership? When you set up the "account" there should have been an email sent to you. Check that first... if so, follow the directions contained within.

Second, if you have validated your account, then check to make sure that you are entering your user name and password in the right context, using capitals and lower case letters. (common problem)

Atfer that you may have to send a general enquiry to gc.com and see what happens

ideology

Post by ideology » 12 December 04 5:11 pm

if you logged the cache on geocaching.com it will appear on this site automatically within 48 hours, ie you don't need to log it seperately.

the cacher name allows you to look up hitlists, log caches and do various things on this site. it is basically the link between your username on this site and your username on that other site. we don't know what your username on that site is, so we'll take a guess and set it up the same as your username on this site

swampgecko

Post by swampgecko » 12 December 04 5:21 pm

swampgecko wrote:here's a couple of things to look at first.

Did you validate your membership? When you set up the "account" there should have been an email sent to you. Check that first... if so, follow the directions contained within.

Second, if you have validated your account, then check to make sure that you are entering your user name and password in the right context, using capitals and lower case letters. (common problem)

Atfer that you may have to send a general enquiry to gc.com and see what happens
:oops: oops.... i'll learn to read the post more carefully... sorry thought you were having hassles with the secondary site.... :oops:

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 13 December 04 10:48 am

Swampy, you'll confuse poor WE with talk of secondary sites! :p

geocaching.com is where the caches are listed and logged by everybody. geocaching.com.au automatically does nicer things with the information, and to some of us, geocaching.com (not .au) is considered "secondary".

- Rog

Weekend Explorer

Thanks For the Help Everybody

Post by Weekend Explorer » 13 December 04 10:51 am

Hey guys thanks for your replies, just like you said I logged by find on the Geocaching.com website and it was automatically updated so there is no need to log stuff twice.

how cool :)
:D :D