GeGnome ][ Electric Boogaloo

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
ziggiau
3000 or more caches found
Twitter: ziggiau

Re: GeGnome ][ Electric Boogaloo

Post by ziggiau » 03 January 16 9:27 pm

Kunama wrote:Haha there is an absolute glut of gnomes in Sutherland NSW at the moment.
Was planning on getting a few of them with Team MavEtJu today but ran out of steam, so they're on the radar. As for where to place them, there are GA cachers out there, just spread out.

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 03 January 16 9:54 pm

I don't mind travelling a bit for them on weekends, but unlike previous years I don't tend to be out and about in the car all over the place during the week which allowed me a chance to grab them on work days. My role has changed and is much more office-based these days so I just tend to get the train to St Leonards rather than driving and trying to find a park. The train is a lot quicker than the drive as well.

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 04 January 16 10:54 pm

My old Gegnome, Wilbur the ZuluTroop Scout http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga2921 is still floating around but hasn't moved in about a year.

Dumb question - but if i "republished" his existing listing with the correct publish dates and appropriate, would he be in play again? I'd like to encourage him home again and it's a long way from the West to Tassie.

I'm guessing the answer is probably no - but thought to ask!

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 05 January 16 8:59 am

I moved your cache just over a week ago, so it's still moving.

As far as entering it in this race, no. Only new gnomes should be entered.

Bittgirls

Post by Bittgirls » 07 January 16 12:57 am

Is any one near Capel as my bad boy gnome has been sitting there for over week now.....

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 07 January 16 11:17 am

Bittgirls1 wrote:Is any one near Capel as my bad boy gnome has been sitting there for over week now.....
Send a message to ROSS1957 and see if he can grab Fat Boy on the way to Perth. Sadly I missed them as I drove back at night with a car full of kids.....

JustinCBR
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by JustinCBR » 08 January 16 10:45 pm

I've been unable to play so far this year and am disappointed to see how few there are around Sydney currently. Is it a temporary lull, or have all of the other Sydney players found them all and they've been moved on? I'm in Concord. I've gone looking for some a few times near the North Strathfield tennis courts and hidden a gegnome in Cabarita Park. Unfortunately, I'm unlikely to get much time to travel far from home and the ferry stops into the city. However, if anyone were to drop some off in the area, I'll move them on.

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 08 January 16 11:01 pm

JustinCBR wrote:I've been unable to play so far this year and am disappointed to see how few there are around Sydney currently. Is it a temporary lull, or have all of the other Sydney players found them all and they've been moved on? I'm in Concord. I've gone looking for some a few times near the North Strathfield tennis courts and hidden a gegnome in Cabarita Park. Unfortunately, I'm unlikely to get much time to travel far from home and the ferry stops into the city. However, if anyone were to drop some off in the area, I'll move them on.
I believe there has been numerous raids from cachers from your old stomping ground....hence a lack of new moveables around your current area!!! :-$ :-$

Richary

Post by Richary » 09 January 16 5:33 pm

JustinCBR wrote:I've been unable to play so far this year and am disappointed to see how few there are around Sydney currently. Is it a temporary lull, or have all of the other Sydney players found them all and they've been moved on? I'm in Concord. I've gone looking for some a few times near the North Strathfield tennis courts and hidden a gegnome in Cabarita Park. Unfortunately, I'm unlikely to get much time to travel far from home and the ferry stops into the city. However, if anyone were to drop some off in the area, I'll move them on.
I've just grabbed a couple up north, one that had only one move since I last moved it, and one that hasn't moved since I hid it. Still as my previous hides were over 2 weeks ago I am allowed to move them again. I was thinking of Rookwood tomorrow, but I can bring them down near Concord. Not sure where the other dozen or so I had hidden around the northern suburbs have moved off to.

parislaura
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by parislaura » 10 January 16 6:10 pm

I have captured all but two of the gnomes floating around South Australia, I have rehidden them all but I am not getting much luck in having people moving them on!!! Sorry to anyone who have gnomes not moving here in SA - I am trying guys, there are just not as many GCA players here in SA. ](*,)

Richary

Post by Richary » 10 January 16 7:30 pm

Richary wrote:
I've just grabbed a couple up north, one that had only one move since I last moved it, and one that hasn't moved since I hid it. Still as my previous hides were over 2 weeks ago I am allowed to move them again. I was thinking of Rookwood tomorrow, but I can bring them down near Concord. Not sure where the other dozen or so I had hidden around the northern suburbs have moved off to.
You should have a couple to play with now, and I've rescued your Cabarita one. Now to work out where to hide him, over the road works here if Baktrak comes back from leave but parking here during the week is a problem due to proximity to the station. The last one I left near work languished for a while as well until I moved him again so that's not a good spot. Still I guess he or Yurt can park in my driveway while they retrieve.

ziggiau
Twitter: ziggiau

Post by ziggiau » 11 January 16 2:29 pm

JustinCBR wrote:Is it a temporary lull, or have all of the other Sydney players found them all and they've been moved on?
I hear you JustinCBR and I've had similar thoughts. As Sol De Lune pointed out, many Sydney :gnome's have headed south but not a lot have been reintroduced. I'm also limited in the distances I can travel and when I do go further afield I'm reluctant to take a :gnomette with me for fear that it may end up idle in a part of the country with not much traffic.

The Morris
8500 or more caches found
8500 or more caches found

Post by The Morris » 18 January 16 7:46 pm

We are hoping to bail Brian out for a prisoner swap on Wednesday.

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga7912

LouiseAnn
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by LouiseAnn » 21 January 16 10:11 pm

There is a doco on SBS right now called Electric Boogaloo

Richary

Post by Richary » 24 January 16 10:28 pm

Hmmm, the link on the gegnome page doesn't do what I expected it to.

> List of all known GeGnomes sorted by distance from home

Takes me to bunch of Melbourne gnomes based at Docklands as a starting point. Nowhere near my home.