Winter is Coming

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Re: Winter is Coming

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 18 July 15 5:35 pm

Another question... If i am carrying moveable geocaches that are in griffin control, will placing one in a zone add a point toward griffin for that zone. For example, if the Dubbo zone was 4 :cerberus , 2 :griffin , 0 :phoenix and 0 :minotaur , would placing 3 griffin moveables in that zone put it into griffin control? Does that even make sense?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 19 July 15 11:38 am

You control the zone but only a find will allocate conqueror points.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 04 August 15 2:00 pm

The Winter is Coming game is over.
http://geocaching.com.au/dragonzone/gam ... ing/ladder

129 geocachers collected points during the game period. A dozen or so signed up and collected their first daily points, but didn't go any further and a quite a few were very dedicated during this 2 month period in the middle of winter.

There were quite a few geocachers who decided to really give the game a go with 27 geocachers collecting over 1,000 points each during the game period.

Sol de lune for clan Cerberus claimed the top points with LuckyL10n also for Clan Cerberus in 2nd place and Boot65 for clan Griffin rounding out the top 3. Collectively these three geocachers accrued over 40,000 points and shot up the rankings.

A well rounded game with 3 of the top 10 being clan Cerberus, 3 being clan Griffin and 2 each of clan Minotaur and clan Phoenix.

To thank everyone who participated in the game, regardless of whether it was just a signup or whether you were targeting the top of your clan ladder or you were looking to make a new rank, Geocaching Australia will be giving you a Winter is Coming pathtag.
http://www.pathtags.com/community/publi ... p?id=36026

Look out for an email from Geocaching Australia in the next week or so with instructions on how to claim your reward.

Thanks to everyone who participated and we hope to run another game in the close future.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 05 August 15 9:23 am

Thank you so much for the Winter Is Coming game. It helped me get used to the GCA website, how the dragonZone aspect works, and also to get outdoors in winter. I would never have discovered or bothered to go to Dargan Arch or met the awesome geocachers there - this event was my highlight. It also made me brave enough to hide a few more geocaches.
So, yeah, thank you. Looking forward to the next one. :griffin

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 05 August 15 6:27 pm

Great game...and a lot of fun I thought. Enjoyed the strategy that went along with it. Same as No Tomorrow, I enjoyed the event at Dargan Arch........and was pleased to make it to Melbourne for the event there as well....been a while since I've seen so many moveables* in one spot. A few other trips during the game period meant a few points were racked up.

All up good fun......looking forward to whatever else might come up in the DragonZone sphere.

Thanks to all involved. :cerberus :cerberus :cerberus :Cerberus

(*Still have 2 to be re-located, but they will be out by this weekend....... 8-[ 8-[ )

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 15 August 15 8:05 pm

Well done to SdL! Amazing effort in a chilly part of the world ;)

How I miss my free and wild caching days while travelling... office life is so boring by comparison. Still, it did encourage me to get out and about more the last few months so success there from the games point of view!