Glitche... or time travel??? [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Glitche... or time travel??? [closed]

Post by swampgecko » 23 November 04 11:54 am

A bit of a glitche I have noticed with a couple of cache listings against my name on my gc.com.au page... apparrently I logged Hard Rock back in January 1970, and put a note against Mt Stuart the same time.... now considering that I had just started school(kndergarten) back about then..... this might just be a problem

Horus
Totally Clueless(tm)

Post by Horus » 23 November 04 12:04 pm

From another thread -
<p>
ideology wrote:the 1/1/1970 dates are where we've merged in other datasets which didn't have dates. we need to go in a fix them up at some stage.

Rabbitto
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Rabbitto » 23 November 04 1:59 pm

Warning -<p>

Be aware of any caches being offered from 1/1/1970. This is a cruel trick of temporal travel and will not yield a cache find.<p>

The perpetrators of this vindictive scheme promise an unsuspecting geocacher a an exciting puzzle cache find by entering a set of co-ordinates and programming in a special series of buttons on their GPSr. An anomoly of the GPS satellites will transport the person back in time to 1970. On arrival the victim will be dissappointed to find the following things have occured - <p>

1. There is no cache.<br>
2. Even if there were a cache they would be unable to find it due to the complete lack of the GPS system in 1970.<br>
3. Even if there were both a cache and a GPS system the extra heavy duty batteries of the time are crud and unable to power a GPSr for any more than 3 minutes of power up.<br>
4. Due to same lack of the GPS system the return trip to the present day is impossible.<br>
5. It will be another 30 years before they can go caching again.<br>
6. They will have to relive the 70's 80's & 90's while they wait.<p>

One such team in their late teens were caught by this scam but are known to have used the situation to their advantage by inventing velcro, alkaline batteries, digital cameras and GPS receivers. The last invention did take a while to catch on till the GPS technology caught up. They were also able to comfortably settle in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne and using their fore-knowledge of cache locations, have been able to log over 1,400 cache finds in a short space of time.<p>

Please pass this warning onto all friends so that they too do not fall victim to this ruse.

Geof
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Geof » 23 November 04 2:19 pm

One such team in their late teens were caught by this scam but are known to have used the situation to their advantage by.......
The question is can they do it agian. :lol: ?

And what would come next... GPSr implants using geneticly modified stem cells? :shock: or ......