Early idea for 2013/2014 race

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Tuena
6500 or more caches found

Re: Early idea for 2013/2014 race

Post by Tuena » 04 November 13 9:39 am

I saw the weeping angel so went to town. Half way there the weeping part left my mind, now an angel. Got to the dept store, angel left my mind, purchased a fairy. A Christmas present or transform with some paint. A skinny version of barbie.

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 04 November 13 10:57 am

caughtatwork wrote:http://www.cachinggames.com/weepingangels/rules.php

I'm not going to rules lawyer the game, so all I'm hoping is that people will join in the spirit of the theme. Your cache must be a bone fide angel. Any creature can be a Weeping Angel but it must have wings. Planes and spaceships don't count. You can have a duck or bird I suppose. You can (I really suppose) have any statue, but I'm personally (i.e. for my own caches) looking at creatures with wings.

From the wiki link
Weeping Angel
Type Winged humanoids
Home planet Unknown
First appearance "Blink"

Although I'm going for any creature, I'd like it to have wings, but if you can find a winged creature, use your imagination. And no, your cache won't be disqualified because it doesn't have wings.
Since when is a duck "humanoid"?!

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 04 November 13 1:46 pm

the Monkey King wrote:Will these be ok? They are only about 28mm tall, so I guess they would be classed as a micro, which is against the rules:

Love them. My preference is for larger caches, but it's not a mandatory requirement.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 04 November 13 1:47 pm

nutwood wrote:

I'm not going to rules lawyer the game, so all I'm hoping is that people will join in the spirit of the theme. Your cache must be a bone fide angel. Any creature can be a Weeping Angel but it must have wings. Planes and spaceships don't count. You can have a duck or bird I suppose. You can (I really suppose) have any statue, but I'm personally (i.e. for my own caches) looking at creatures with wings.

From the wiki link
Weeping Angel
Type Winged humanoids
Home planet Unknown
First appearance "Blink"

Although I'm going for any creature, I'd like it to have wings, but if you can find a winged creature, use your imagination. And no, your cache won't be disqualified because it doesn't have wings.
Depends on your definition. I'd prefer creatures that didn't naturally have wings, but hey, some people will struggle to find the right creatures, so I'm being as flexible as needed. If you choose a bird, give it fangs :-)

tronador

Post by tronador » 04 November 13 6:07 pm

Very cute, fine by me.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 04 November 13 7:28 pm

:weepingangel

Tyreless
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Tyreless » 04 November 13 7:31 pm

First timer question. I picked up a cherub from Bunnings (see photo - $5 bargain!). It's ceramic so would shatter if dropped but otherwise seems pretty solid. Is this the sort of thing to send out as a movable? Should I glue a waterproof container inside my cherub with a log book and the cache details?

Cheers,

Geoff aka Tyreless

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 04 November 13 8:01 pm

Hmmm, I reckon Weeping Angels have four definite characteristics; 1) wings, 2) humanoid, 3) stone when you look them and 4), a tendency to kill you when you don't.
I reckon a Weeping Angel cache ought to tick at least two of these boxes.

PS Personally I reckon that cherub makes a great cache, regardless of wings. I wouldn't be turning my back on that one!

Cankid
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by Cankid » 04 November 13 8:15 pm

A little idea that could be added on as an extra game. The hider chooses a cacher which the weeping angel could 'target' and if the said cacher finds it then the angels win but if the cacher could evade it...

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 04 November 13 8:15 pm

Tyreless wrote:Image

First timer question. I picked up a cherub from Bunnings (see photo - $5 bargain!). It's ceramic so would shatter if dropped but otherwise seems pretty solid. Is this the sort of thing to send out as a movable? Should I glue a waterproof container inside my cherub with a log book and the cache details?

Cheers,

Geoff aka Tyreless
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 05 November 13 9:27 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
nutwood wrote:

From the wiki link
Weeping Angel
Type Winged humanoids
Home planet Unknown
First appearance "Blink"

Depends on your definition. I'd prefer creatures that didn't naturally have wings, but hey, some people will struggle to find the right creatures, so I'm being as flexible as needed. If you choose a bird, give it fangs :-)
Humanoid: "a being resembling a human in its shape". Quack, quack!!
Pedantry aside, a duck with fangs, especially if it's stone, would surely have to qualify!

budgietas
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by budgietas » 09 November 13 6:56 pm

Hi. Quick question. Do these movables need log books? Is the finding and moving of the cache enough to prove they were found?

The Morris
8500 or more caches found

Post by The Morris » 11 November 13 2:27 pm

Could someone please explain to me how I can save the image/print off the QR code so that I can attach it to my dear little angels. I'm sure it is a simple task but it seems to be beyond my ken. ](*,) (3 are primed and ready to go)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 11 November 13 3:10 pm

Try right click Save Image As

The Morris

Post by The Morris » 11 November 13 3:20 pm

That would be how I usually do it but the option is "save as" rather than the usual save image so that saves the whole page. Or maybe I need a step by step lesson Peter :-k