What's the hidden date when listing an event cache?

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Toriaz
200 or more found
200 or more found

What's the hidden date when listing an event cache?

Post by Toriaz » 01 November 12 3:00 pm

If I'm creating a listing for an event (GCA), is the hidden date today or the day of the event?

I've got my draft listing ready, just hesitating over the right date to use. I know with moveables for the cache race we need to put in a future date, so that they all publish on 1/12/12. Do events work the same or do they publish immediately?

canary
8000 or more caches found

Re: What's the hidden date when listing an event cache?

Post by canary » 01 November 12 3:54 pm

Toriaz wrote:If I'm creating a listing for an event (GCA), is the hidden date today or the day of the event?

I've got my draft listing ready, just hesitating over the right date to use. I know with moveables for the cache race we need to put in a future date, so that they all publish on 1/12/12. Do events work the same or do they publish immediately?
Oh, what are we doing?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 November 12 4:11 pm

Toriaz wrote:If I'm creating a listing for an event (GCA), is the hidden date today or the day of the event?

They publish immediately as it's known that the event date will be in the future, so it bypasses the future publish mode.

Toriaz
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by Toriaz » 01 November 12 4:32 pm

Thanks C@W :D .
canary wrote:

Oh, what are we doing?
I'm hoping one or 2 people will come along & cheer for Tronador & me at our triathlon at the end of the month.

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 02 November 12 6:17 pm

You know you just snaffled "00" for the Bingo game by publishing a cache don't you :evil: This is a number I have to find to fill my first card and unless we get about 90 more bingo caches hidden in the next month, I might end up with an impossible card #-o

In fact I see that YOU have also to find "00" for your current card!!

Richary

Post by Richary » 03 November 12 12:11 am

Completing a bingo card will be hard depending on the caches published in your area. Maybe we need a Sydney event or time where everyone publishes their caches at the same time, in the hope we get enough consecutive numbers over a 00-99 range for everyone to have a chance at finding them!

Sorry, back on topic - if the event is convenient will try to get there.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 November 12 11:04 am

Richary wrote:Completing a bingo card will be hard depending on the caches published in your area. Maybe we need a Sydney event or time where everyone publishes their caches at the same time, in the hope we get enough consecutive numbers over a 00-99 range for everyone to have a chance at finding them!

Sorry, back on topic - if the event is convenient will try to get there.
There were 480 leapfrog caches in the last game. I'm hoping that we get enough to have a couple of each bingo number (which would be 200 or so). If we don't get the right volume, the game can still behave like the last couple of games. i.e. It still counts distances and moves.

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 03 November 12 8:45 pm

I've got my "Bingo Event Cache" planned for Perth (http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga4680).

I "published" on the 28th October but the event is not until 1st Dec.

Have I done this correctly? Someone has told me that the event no appears in the past due to its published date.

Can the event be "notified" (i.e. listed) but not published until the actual date?

Cheers

FF

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 03 November 12 8:47 pm

you should change the 'hidden' date of the event to the proper date

it's only the other cache types that get 'future published'

The date of the 'published' note doesn't matter.