Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Re: Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Post by tronador » 11 November 12 6:10 pm

Sorry but I disagree that the size of the cache is listed as the container that holds the log. It needs to be the size of the entire cache.eg. What if the cache is a car and the log is inside a nano stuck to the car.It gets listed as a nano. So cachers go :shock: looking for a nano and find something the size of a bus. :shock:

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 11 November 12 7:33 pm

tronador wrote:Sorry but I disagree that the size of the cache is listed as the container that holds the log. It needs to be the size of the entire cache.eg. What if the cache is a car and the log is inside a nano stuck to the car.It gets listed as a nano. So cachers go :shock: looking for a nano and find something the size of a bus. :shock:
I agree. I've listed on one of mine (which is listed as a large) "My cammo may be large, but my container is a micro" shh, it was the only option...

GJMMelb
3000 or more caches found

Post by GJMMelb » 11 November 12 7:47 pm

quiet1_au wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:
As long as it has an accurate size this time.... ("small" my ....!) :stabby :wink:

:-$
lol If you're talking about the "item" that was at the Cup Day Event, the original container attached to the "other part" was a small (200ml sistema) so technically it was right, they just parted ways (before we even found it!) and so the "other part" became the log book lol. We enjoyed finding it and the challenge of moving it on lol Annndddd coz it was left at the CDE, we have just had to find a hiding spot for it again! lol
Bronnie_1990 wrote:
tronador wrote:Sorry but I disagree that the size of the cache is listed as the container that holds the log. It needs to be the size of the entire cache.eg. What if the cache is a car and the log is inside a nano stuck to the car.It gets listed as a nano. So cachers go :shock: looking for a nano and find something the size of a bus. :shock:
I agree. I've listed on one of mine (which is listed as a large) "My cammo may be large, but my container is a micro" shh, it was the only option...
Ah well, we took it in the fun spirit it was intended by the cache owner, but I do see your point. :D

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 11 November 12 8:05 pm

caughtatwork wrote:No smilies in the works from me.
Couldn't we manage a couple of draft horses (mare/stallion to be PC)? They're pretty close to being original transport.

SeabreezeOZ
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by SeabreezeOZ » 11 November 12 8:30 pm

blossom* wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
SeabreezeOZ wrote:Ive entered the GA number on the Bingo, create a cache page, found my bingo card, so how do i get an image of my card? thanks for help
Print the page?
Copy and paste?
I did a copy and pasted into excel which was handy to summarise all 5 cards I have. Must be a very good randomising program as there were very few numbers I wouldn't have to chase during the game!
I tried to cut and paste into excel, wouldnt work ????? even tried word, still no luck. looks like ill have to type them into excel manually

quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found

Post by quiet1_au » 12 November 12 7:55 am

Well I thought about the nano on large object situation too:
If the whole lot has to be moved, surely "large" is the accurate description of the object you are looking for and having to deal with.
If only the nano moves, of course it's a nano, no question.
If it's listed as nano, I might be try to get the nano off the large object to be able to move it which isn't what was intended...

My reason for questioning the size rating is simple - if I head in to find & move a micro say I'd just take a backpack (or even just stick it in my pocket). If it turns out that "micro" is actually a "large" 10kg lump of concrete with a micro stuck in/on it then I really needed to bring a wheelbarrow and it would have been nice to known that before I got there... #-o

Plus there's the issue of cache-blindness - I'm looking for a micro, but all I can see is this large thing... Where can it be? :oops:

The X cache in Y camo description is one I've used for regular caches, but in the case of moveables the camo in a sense is the cache, you're looking for and moving the "camo", the size of the logbook is in some ways irrelevant. :?:

Just my 2c worth...

:-$

quiet1_au

Post by quiet1_au » 12 November 12 7:58 am

nutwood wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:No smilies in the works from me.
Couldn't we manage a couple of draft horses (mare/stallion to be PC)? They're pretty close to being original transport.
I'll have a play with GIMP tonight, see if I can come up with anything. I was thinking bingo balls/card, plus maybe a few transport options. Horses - hmm hadn't thought of those :-k

:-%

s_mc500
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by s_mc500 » 12 November 12 3:07 pm

I would of thought cache size with a moveable is the size of the object you hide, the log is just the log to prove you found it. There's been some moveables that I've found on my bike and considered not moving due to size/weight but have manage so far.

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 12 November 12 3:34 pm

We have had this discussion before and as I recall, opinion was divided. In the end, we had to have a consistent sizing rule so C@W made a ruling (as far as I remember - I am happy to be corrected), and "size" became the size of the log container, rather than the size of the cache container.

daryllm123

Post by daryllm123 » 12 November 12 6:06 pm

Not going to worry me any of these grand plans, as i drive a tow truck so i reckon i can move anything you can come up with, :twisted: LOL

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 13 November 12 12:54 am

quiet1_au wrote: Horses - hmm hadn't thought of those :-k

Gangnam style!

toy hunters
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by toy hunters » 13 November 12 8:28 am

fluffyfish wrote:
quiet1_au wrote: Horses - hmm hadn't thought of those :-k

Gangnam style!
+1 Fluffyfish! Let's go Geocaching style! =D> =D> =D> =D>

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 13 November 12 5:48 pm

daryllm123 wrote:Not going to worry me any of these grand plans, as i drive a tow truck so i reckon i can move anything you can come up with, :twisted: LOL
Well, that will depend where it's located....? :-k

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 15 November 12 1:38 pm

We seem to be filling the numbers gaps quite well although there are some big holes in a few ranges. 123 caches entered so far by only 32 players. With 63 players in the game, there must be a lot of caches still not entered onto the game page yet!

I put mine into the game as soon as I had started off my draft cache page (even though I still have a bit of writing and tidying up to do in the listing). That way, everyone can see what numbers are filling up :D

steptoe
1650 or more caches found
1650 or more caches found

Post by steptoe » 15 November 12 2:52 pm

drat, wish I had a few thousand dollars to throw away - I would consider the ultimate movable cache - a LARGE log book, in the gove box of a mini, with the key provided ...
Guess I will have to make do with a mint tin disguised as a car.