Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Re: Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Post by fluffyfish » 09 December 12 11:55 pm

WanderingAus wrote:
tronador wrote:I too have given up, being able to complete a card. Unlike Geosportz, the numbers needed are beyond our control, and it is shear luck if your numbers are in your area. I'm happy to move a cache along and find it once, but won't be finding the same caches over again.
I was in the process of creating several dozen caches to fill in the numbers that weren't in WA, but since the consensus seems to be that there is no obligation to drop a cache when a cacher picks one up, while I think it would be fair, I decided to abandon the game instead. Any cacher could make the effort and create caches for numbers, they just don't.

I'll still be creating some more movable caches, since nobody seems interested in my numbers, but they won't be in the game.
Maybe we need a staging point in the south east where we can exchange moveables. Maybe in Cannington? I have used that successfully in the past with Tuena on the south coast of NSW.

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 10 December 12 12:13 am

blossom* wrote:It's early days yet to assume we can't reach some numbers. I'm hoping a few interstate travellers will help out over Christmas [-o< Black Bunny has already started clocking up the klms =D>
I'm with you *blossom. Early days indeed. Though those crazy Canberra rabbits have said no to a trip to the Wild West :|

FelixII
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by FelixII » 10 December 12 12:48 am

tronador wrote:
I too have given up, being able to complete a card. Unlike Geosportz, the numbers needed are beyond our control, and it is shear luck if your numbers are in your area. I'm happy to move a cache along and find it once, but won't be finding the same caches over again.

WanderingAus: wrote
I was in the process of creating several dozen caches to fill in the numbers that weren't in WA, but since the consensus seems to be that there is no obligation to drop a cache when a cacher picks one up, while I think it would be fair, I decided to abandon the game instead. Any cacher could make the effort and create caches for numbers, they just don't.

I'll still be creating some more movable caches, since nobody seems interested in my numbers, but they won't be in the game.

Hmmm not sure about that think I dropped off a few the other day. Even though I picked them up again. I managed to convey 39 to Margaret River and then returned to the Northern Suburbs with 25. Which were snaffled before I could think of where to put them.

But yes so far with the WA caches we cannot fill any of our cards even though we have moved an enormous amount of moveables this month. :shock:

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 10 December 12 7:21 am

fluffyfish wrote:
blossom* wrote:It's early days yet to assume we can't reach some numbers. I'm hoping a few interstate travellers will help out over Christmas [-o< Black Bunny has already started clocking up the klms =D>
I'm with you *blossom. Early days indeed. Though those crazy Canberra rabbits have said no to a trip to the Wild West :|

We might be able to met you halfway, Fluffyfish.... err.. exactly where IS halfway? Maybe I should have researched that a bit further before posting. Oh, well, I won't tell the Black One yet. He'll never think of it on his own....who am I kidding?????????????????? He probably has a pocket query all organised all ready.

OK, crawling back into my burrow now. Don't pay any attention to me.

s_mc500
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by s_mc500 » 10 December 12 1:54 pm

Biggest moveable of the season so far for me...

Try and act normal as you ride down the path with a red scooter strapped to your back :lol:

GJMMelb
3000 or more caches found

Post by GJMMelb » 10 December 12 2:24 pm

Oh that is priceless, s_mc500!! =D>

There should be a prize for the best moveable "awkwardness photo" lol :lol:

Yurt
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 10 December 12 5:02 pm

Richary wrote:
tronador wrote:I too have given up, being able to complete a card. Unlike Geosportz, the numbers needed are beyond our control, and it is shear luck if your numbers are in your area. I'm happy to move a cache along and find it once, but won't be finding the same caches over again.
I'm enjoying finding them, after all they all count as a smiley. But I also won't necessarily be chasing ones I have already found. As for the numbers, maybe we need to sit down and create 100 draft listings, then actually activate the ones that have the numbers missing in NSW. That's one way to do it.

But now I am living a bit further away from all the GCA moving action I probably won't be moving as many as the last couple of years, today didn't have time to drive to where the caches were.
Use the depot I set up near you and me! I'll pick up from the Dural depot(s) and deposit there for you.

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 10 December 12 6:37 pm

Yurt wrote:Use the depot I set up near you and me! I'll pick up from the Dural depot(s) and deposit there for you.
I have your snail from there to park somewhere (forgot to take it with me today), but I do have to go to Liverpool tomorrow so might get a chance on the way back to swing through Rookwood/Meadowbank areas. Hopefully there are a few down that way I can grab to bring to the depot (though they all seem to be at blossom*'s house at the moment!).

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 10 December 12 7:51 pm

[quote="Richary....they all seem to be at blossom*'s house at the moment!.[/quote]

Nope, there is only one here if you look actually

rogerw3

Post by rogerw3 » 10 December 12 8:38 pm

Richary wrote:
Yurt wrote: they all seem to be at blossom*'s house at the moment!).
Wait a bit and check out Parramatta park tomorrow morning!

SeabreezeOZ
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by SeabreezeOZ » 10 December 12 8:45 pm

How long does it take for the Bingo card to update? I just logged about 40 Bingo moveables as found and still only have 1 green box on 2 of my cards! :cry:

whitewebbs
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by whitewebbs » 10 December 12 8:47 pm

Before they show up they have to be moved 1 kilometre from where they were found. Good luck

Trimbletas
1650 or more caches found
1650 or more caches found

Post by Trimbletas » 10 December 12 8:49 pm

C@W, Help please. I have had a a couple of DNF's on one of my moveables. :( Hopefully the last hider can go and confirm that is still there. 8-[

Can you let me know what happens if it becomes MIA forever? [-o<

SeabreezeOZ
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by SeabreezeOZ » 10 December 12 8:50 pm

whitewebbs wrote:Before they show up they have to be moved 1 kilometre from where they were found. Good luck
Ok, they will show up after i log where i have placed them!!!!! ?

LouiseAnn

Post by LouiseAnn » 10 December 12 8:54 pm

SeabreezeOZ wrote:
whitewebbs wrote:Before they show up they have to be moved 1 kilometre from where they were found. Good luck
Ok, they will show up after i log where i have placed them!!!!! ?
Yes! Provided its more than 1km