Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Toriaz
200 or more found
200 or more found

Re: Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Post by Toriaz » 01 November 12 3:56 pm

mrlocks wrote:My first time doing one of these, so Im still not sure how this works, even after reading CachingGames.com and the Forum posts but.........

Im just guessing that when someone moves your cache a certain amount of Klms eg 11ks, and if you have a bingo card with an 11, then that card gets a tick on that number, until your card is full. Is that correct?

Also, can the moveable cache be placed anywhere, as the frog cache game?

If so can you ask the next person to move your cache a certain distance so as to correspond with a bingo number you have?

Does it matter where the cache is placed for its initial release?

regards SeabreezeOZ

You get numbers marked off your bingo card based on caches you move. So if I have a cache GA4996 & you have 96 on your card, if you move my cache by at least 1km, 96 gets marked off your card.

You get a bingo card when you register a moveable cache for the game, but after that, marking off numbers on your bingo card happens when you move someone else's cache. (or by moving your own cache in limited circumstances).

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 November 12 4:06 pm

blossom* wrote:
mrlocks wrote:My first time doing one of these, so Im still not sure how this works, even after reading CachingGames.com and the Forum posts but.........

Im just guessing that when someone moves your cache a certain amount of Klms eg 11ks, and if you have a bingo card with an 11, then that card gets a tick on that number, until your card is full. Is that correct?

Also, can the moveable cache be placed anywhere, as the frog cache game?

If so can you ask the next person to move your cache a certain distance so as to correspond with a bingo number you have?

Does it matter where the cache is placed for its initial release?

regards SeabreezeOZ
The way you tick off the number in your box is by finding one of the game caches that ends with the 2 digits. eg if i want to cross off 84, I need to find GAxx84
Bingo.
Actually YOU need to MOVE it, not just find it. By 1km or more.
Other than that, yes, BINGO!

blossom*
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 02 November 12 6:20 pm

Anyone ready to draw us a nice little smilie icon for the game that c@w might load up for us to use?

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 02 November 12 11:21 pm

Ok, own up..... who were the 6 people that viewed GA4713 coz I accidently didnt change the "hidden on" date to 1/12/12 when I hit save? !!!??? :shock: :oops: :lol: in the 2 minutes before I fixed it?

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 02 November 12 11:23 pm

GJMMelb wrote:Ok, own up..... who were the 6 people that viewed GA4713 coz I accidently didnt change the "hidden on" date to 1/12/12 when I hit save? !!!??? :shock: :oops: :lol: in the 2 minutes before I fixed it?
Actually..... it seems as tho even tho I have now changed the "hidden on" date to 1/12/12, the link is still live ..... #-o

help please !! :oops:

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 02 November 12 11:33 pm

GJMMelb wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:Ok, own up..... who were the 6 people that viewed GA4713 coz I accidently didnt change the "hidden on" date to 1/12/12 when I hit save? !!!??? :shock: :oops: :lol: in the 2 minutes before I fixed it?
Actually..... it seems as tho even tho I have now changed the "hidden on" date to 1/12/12, the link is still live ..... #-o

I have even tried archiving it but the link on the BINGO/ladder page still takes me to it :shock:

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 03 November 12 8:25 am

GJMMelb wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:

I have even tried archiving it but the link on the BINGO/ladder page still takes me to it :shock:
Try deleting all your logs.
Also, (and i did this, it works) go to bingo and "edit your cache". Then against the line where you have GA4713, delete the number "GA4713" in the box and push the "reset" button. This will remove it from the game (and the bingo card associated but that's ok as you get a card back when you add it back later). If it is all reset on GCA (or c@w fixes it for you) you can add it back to the game. This way, it's not going to be visible to anyone from the Bingo link

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Laighside Legends » 03 November 12 9:21 am

Looks like your not alone... Someone has entered a traditional and a puzzle cache...

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 03 November 12 9:56 am

blossom* wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:

Also, (and i did this, it works) go to bingo and "edit your cache". Then against the line where you have GA4713, delete the number "GA4713" in the box and push the "reset" button. This will remove it from the game (and the bingo card associated but that's ok as you get a card back when you add it back later). If it is all reset on GCA (or c@w fixes it for you) you can add it back to the game. This way, it's not going to be visible to anyone from the Bingo link
Thanks Blossom!!!!! =D> The deleting of the logs is what made the difference!! Coz I had already tried deleting the cache from the Bingo Page and re submitting but the link was still live and listed below the cards in the Geocacher Name alpha order section. Could you/someone please confirm the link on the Bingo page doesnt work anymore, coz now of course I can still access it through that link as it is MY cache. But seeing it has now disappeared from the list below I'm fairly sure it has been successfully changed to 1/12 everywhere lol #-o Thanks again Blossom :D

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 November 12 11:00 am

Laighside Legends wrote:Looks like your not alone... Someone has entered a traditional and a puzzle cache...
The numbers imply they're placeholders.

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 03 November 12 12:23 pm

GJMMelb wrote:
blossom* wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:

Thanks Blossom!!!!! =D> The deleting of the logs is what made the difference!! Coz I had already tried deleting the cache from the Bingo Page and re submitting but the link was still live and listed below the cards in the Geocacher Name alpha order section. Could you/someone please confirm the link on the Bingo page doesnt work anymore, coz now of course I can still access it through that link as it is MY cache. But seeing it has now disappeared from the list below I'm fairly sure it has been successfully changed to 1/12 everywhere lol #-o Thanks again Blossom :D
I can confirm the link no longer works from the Bingo page :D

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 03 November 12 3:19 pm

blossom* wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:
blossom* wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:

I can confirm the link no longer works from the Bingo page :D
Thanks blossom* !!! :D

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 03 November 12 9:32 pm

Wow! The GA cache numbers are going so quickly! I was going to try to get a number in each of the rows (eg 10s, 20s, 30s etc) between Strike-a-light and myself so we had a nice distribution across the whole range. I created a new cache at #32, looked an hour later to see #39 had been entered already and quickly created my next cache, only to find I'm already at #55!! Who took all the 40's???!!!

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 03 November 12 9:44 pm

blossom* wrote:Wow! The GA cache numbers are going so quickly! I was going to try to get a number in each of the rows (eg 10s, 20s, 30s etc) between Strike-a-light and myself so we had a nice distribution across the whole range. I created a new cache at #32, looked an hour later to see #39 had been entered already and quickly created my next cache, only to find I'm already at #55!! Who took all the 40's???!!!
Tassie's a nice summer destination..... :D

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 04 November 12 7:27 pm

Transport related you say?

Oh dear. I was planning on making a cache on GC, but looks like i'll get to test it out on GCA!
It'll be more funny as a moveable anyway.

Oh no i've said too much. :oops: