Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
nutwood

Re: Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Post by nutwood » 21 November 12 7:21 pm

blossom* wrote: I have a tranport plan for around New Year that would allow a swap of Sydney and Perth caches as long as they weren't too large or heavy. And always assuming I needed those particular numbers for my cards :D
I've said it before; Tassie's a nice summer destination. Deals are possible... :wink:

Rigger64
950 or more random things achieved

Post by Rigger64 » 22 November 12 12:23 am

Well i now have #one & #two all but ready in hoping to have #3,4 &5 ready by the weekend so will be cutting it fine but should be ready by the start date though...

steptoe
1650 or more caches found
1650 or more caches found

Post by steptoe » 22 November 12 5:08 pm

I will also be heading from Sydney to Maryborough on 31/12, to the Oz Scout Jamboree, so there is a chance for myself and other scout cachers to transport a few/bundle each and arrange swapovers.

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 22 November 12 7:31 pm

I noticed some discussion a while back about including "Bingo" in the name of the cache. Is this likely to be general practice?
Seems we'll have a lot of "Bingo Car" caches. :D
I'm working through the naming process for our caches and including "Bingo" seems to cramp creativity. Is there anything to be gained by doing this, given there's a list of the relevant caches on the Games site?

quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found

Post by quiet1_au » 22 November 12 8:35 pm

nutwood wrote:I noticed some discussion a while back about including "Bingo" in the name of the cache. Is this likely to be general practice?
Seems we'll have a lot of "Bingo Car" caches. :D
I'm working through the naming process for our caches and including "Bingo" seems to cramp creativity. Is there anything to be gained by doing this, given there's a list of the relevant caches on the Games site?
Only in so far as making the race caches easy to spot from the rest out there in the field (my GPS is set to show names). Come December though, having completed my 366 days in a row project (possibly 400 by then) I might just concentrate on the race and ignore the rest. :) The naming thread was more about curiosity in what others were thinking of calling their caches, not trying to get uniformity or bingo in everyone's cache name. The #1 thing - and it's one of the rules - is that the cache is publicly tagged "bingo" so that queries targeting them work - for everyone

:-$

daryllm123

Post by daryllm123 » 24 November 12 8:16 am

Mine all have one word names Wonky, Beetle, Bomber, Hook, Chuck, Penny and still waiting for Geoson to come up with his name, as long as you tag Bingo in the tag section it will be ok, When i go looking for caches in the race i use the caching games website and click on list caches and all ones in that race show up then, i reckon thats the easiest way to do it, i can then click on state and scroll through to Victorian listings that way. Not long to go now better get out this weeki and hide them all ready for Saturday morning :D

quiet1_au

Post by quiet1_au » 24 November 12 8:33 pm

Numbers 49,50,51 are now filled - I got lucky and discovered tonight that the new cache I made was only a couple off the range so made a couple of (future) caches so I could use these for my last few racers and fill in the big gap on the Bingo list :-) Now I think we're only missing #66 (come in #66 your time is up).

These are definitely the last of my racers - I have to find too many hiding spots for them all... :mrgreen:

blossom*
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 24 November 12 8:39 pm

quiet1_au wrote:These are definitely the last of my racers - I have to find too many hiding spots for them all... :mrgreen:

Somehow strike-a-light and myself managed to find 14 hiding spots :D As long as they all get moved about on the first day, we can then go chasing our own caches =D>

quiet1_au

Post by quiet1_au » 24 November 12 8:44 pm

blossom* wrote:
quiet1_au wrote:These are definitely the last of my racers - I have to find too many hiding spots for them all... :mrgreen:

Somehow strike-a-light and myself managed to find 14 hiding spots :D As long as they all get moved about on the first day, we can then go chasing our own caches =D>
These last three make 20... :oops: And I've got to find spots for them all as yet (not to mention finish some off too)... :-k No guesses what I'll be doing for most of tomorrow!

Rigger64

Post by Rigger64 » 24 November 12 9:18 pm

Well i have three ready to go im sure if im going to do any more that.
three will do me for now.

Now to go find to hiding spots for them.

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 24 November 12 10:21 pm

quiet1_au wrote:
blossom* wrote:

These last three make 20... :oops: And I've got to find spots for them all as yet (not to mention finish some off too)... :-k No guesses what I'll be doing for most of tomorrow!

We only have 6 so far but when out shopping the other day I found about another 10 potential (alternative) type transporters..... very tempted to make more .... Most of them are small-regular so reasonably easy to hide ..... should we, should we??? lol

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 24 November 12 11:15 pm

SA doesn't have many at all!! :-k

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 24 November 12 11:48 pm

I bought 3 transporters today, which will probably be my contribution to the game given that was the number of bison tubes I had handy for log scrolls. Now just to print the scrolls and find somewhere to hide them.

Looking at the ladder for the game, some of the GA cache numbers are quite old and most show as not published, which could be a case of people re-using old numbers they had claimed for a cache but not published for the game? But GA3456 is a valid cache that certainly doesn't appear to be a moveable and is in the list.

FelixII
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by FelixII » 25 November 12 12:23 am

Ummm we have quite a few caches entered :-$

But have been going on the assumption from last year that they don't need to have logs attached as
the move itself is proof of it being found?

Is that still correct :roll:

We are attaching tags though with their GCA numbers and the GCA website

quiet1_au

Post by quiet1_au » 25 November 12 6:37 am

Richary wrote:I bought 3 transporters today, which will probably be my contribution to the game given that was the number of bison tubes I had handy for log scrolls. Now just to print the scrolls and find somewhere to hide them.
Despite some people's aversion to micros [-X they sure make useful race cache log holders for those awkwardly-shaped/solid/small items. :-) I'm disappointed not to have been able to find any suitable nano transport items... Maybe next year's race (or I'll just finally go put them out as traditionals).

Richary wrote:Looking at the ladder for the game, some of the GA cache numbers are quite old and most show as not published, which could be a case of people re-using old numbers they had claimed for a cache but not published for the game? But GA3456 is a valid cache that certainly doesn't appear to be a moveable and is in the list.
I noticed that too Richary, as though they'd started playing the game for Bingo card finds. I can't see some of them being reused cache codes as they were not the owner of said caches... :-k