3000 or more caches found

Re: Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Post by geo_jas » 15 December 12 4:12 pm

Try going to caching games and clicking on create to add out to the game

caughtatwork

Re: BINGO Help Required for GA5689

Post by caughtatwork » 15 December 12 4:18 pm

pjmpjm wrote:Sorry to be a nuisance . . . but I can't work this one out . . . :oops:

I placed a 'late' BINGO the other day GA5689 Purple and Green BINGO Hopper, and listed it as published and hidden on 1 Dec 2012. I also gave it a BINGOtag. :-k

However, unlike my other three BINGOs, this one doesn't show up on the ladders . . . ](*,)

Help!

Many thanks in advance.
You need to enter the cache in the game.
http://www.cachinggames.com/bingo/cachecreate.php

pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

Post by pjmpjm » 15 December 12 4:21 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
pjmpjm wrote:Sorry to be a nuisance . . . but I can't work this one out . . . :oops:

I placed a 'late' BINGO the other day GA5689 Purple and Green BINGO Hopper, and listed it as published and hidden on 1 Dec 2012. I also gave it a BINGOtag. :-k

However, unlike my other three BINGOs, this one doesn't show up on the ladders . . . ](*,)

Help!

Many thanks in advance.
You need to enter the cache in the game.
http://www.cachinggames.com/bingo/cachecreate.php
:oops:

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 15 December 12 5:31 pm

Help!

Many thanks in advance.
Have you "Created your Cache" in the Bingo Game? http://www.cachinggames.com/bingo/cachecreate.php

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 15 December 12 6:46 pm

Does anyone know anything about GA4636? Is it supposed to be in the game or still in draft form in reality?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 15 December 12 7:47 pm

blossom* wrote:Does anyone know anything about GA4636? Is it supposed to be in the game or still in draft form in reality?
It looks live.
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/GA4636

I'd guess the owner didn't provide any co-ords and then published it. Maybe write to the owner and ask where on earth it is because it's certainly not at 0,0.

gregandjudi

Post by gregandjudi » 16 December 12 2:53 pm

Now, I don't know how LEGAL the changes I just made. One of my leapfrog caches was still active, and it has a vague relationship to transport. I reset the hide date to 1 Dec this year, and tagged with Bingo. My only intent is to give cachers more options in Bingo & keep my moveable moving.

Happy to revert to previous settings if not deemed legal.

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 16 December 12 3:56 pm

gregandjudi wrote:Now, I don't know how LEGAL the changes I just made. One of my leapfrog caches was still active, and it has a vague relationship to transport. I reset the hide date to 1 Dec this year, and tagged with Bingo. My only intent is to give cachers more options in Bingo & keep my moveable moving.

I had the same thought and trolled through my archived GCA caches for missing numbers. :frog

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 16 December 12 5:08 pm

gregandjudi wrote:Now, I don't know how LEGAL the changes I just made. One of my leapfrog caches was still active, and it has a vague relationship to transport. I reset the hide date to 1 Dec this year, and tagged with Bingo. My only intent is to give cachers more options in Bingo & keep my moveable moving.

For people who found this last year, it will automatically tick off their bingo cards. That's the only thing that some may see as "cheating" even if the finder / mover had no intent.

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 16 December 12 5:14 pm

caughtatwork wrote:

For people who found this last year, it will automatically tick off their bingo cards. That's the only thing that some may see as "cheating" even if the finder / mover had no intent.
Okie. Maybe not the best idea then. Cheers.

gregandjudi

Post by gregandjudi » 16 December 12 5:32 pm

fluffyfish wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:

Okie. Maybe not the best idea then. Cheers.
Even with a new publish date of 1/12/12?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 16 December 12 5:42 pm

Yes. Unless all the logs were deleted (and I don't recommend you do that). To the game software a game piece has no start date. Once it's in, it's all in.

gregandjudi

Post by gregandjudi » 16 December 12 6:15 pm

SeabreezeOZ wrote:
WanderingAus wrote:
SeabreezeOZ wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
SeabreezeOZ wrote:Can i propose a new game after this one is finished. Moveable caches that have QR codes attached. Find the cache, scan it straight away to indicate its been found then place somewhere else later. I would dig that! Can someone explain how i can create QR codes, LOL! :lol:
Go to your cache page.
Print QR code.
Attach to cache.
Hmmmmm, wants to print the whole page....
gmj3191 wrote:[ages ago]
Try this site, just paste your cache URL into the box
http://www.qrstuff.com/
O M G !!!! That site is fracking AMAZING
your'e a genius Keith!

Nice big image.
Until today was very naive to QR code :oops: . OK - forgive me for being uninitiated, but that is amazing #-o . I used code to take my phone straight to GCA page, ring my home & go straight to my facebook profile. I'm sold. \:D/

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 16 December 12 6:15 pm

Wasn't this scenario discussed in the original thread and the ruling made that only new caches were allowed?

gregandjudi

Post by gregandjudi » 16 December 12 6:41 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Yes. Unless all the logs were deleted (and I don't recommend you do that). To the game software a game piece has no start date. Once it's in, it's all in.
Point taken, removed from race [-X . Our 2 new caches entered only :D .

Have only entered & logged into forums in the last week so did not see previous discussions & haven't read through the 40 pages already logged.