Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
WanderingAus
5000 or more caches found

Re: Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Post by WanderingAus » 07 December 12 5:40 pm

Chwiliwr wrote: Why is that any different than publishing caches by arrangement and then the next day dropping other caches by arrangement. In both cases I had started to go for them before being advised that they had already been picked up.
I expected the delay between Publish and Find would have been less than five minutes, and the same for Moved and Find. How far could you get in that time?

Never mind, no need to travel south of the river any more.

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 07 December 12 5:43 pm

We have a tractor tyre that was very nearly entered. Takes two people just to stand it up!

Mind you, the race isn't over yet and we've still a few numbers in draft... :twisted:

GJMMelb
3000 or more caches found

Post by GJMMelb » 07 December 12 5:44 pm

WanderingAus wrote:
I keep dropping movers close to me, and they get picked up and taken away WI THOUT REPLACEMENT. :oops: ](*,)
We WERE dropping caches where we had picked others up from but it was confusing people that arrived after us as they were logging the number they THOUGHT was there, not the number they actually picked up so we're no longer doing that. We will drop close by but not exactly the same spot from now on.

calumphing_four
1600 or more caches found
1600 or more caches found

Post by calumphing_four » 07 December 12 5:49 pm

Just wondering - is it possible to get a Bingo card without creating a moveable cache :?:
Cheers 8)

WanderingAus

Post by WanderingAus » 07 December 12 5:50 pm

GJMMelb wrote:
WanderingAus wrote:
I keep dropping movers close to me, and they get picked up and taken away WI THOUT REPLACEMENT. :oops: ](*,)
We WERE dropping caches where we had picked others up from but it was confusing people that arrived after us as they were logging the number they THOUGHT was there, not the number they actually picked up so we're no longer doing that. We will drop close by but not exactly the same spot from now on.
I forgot about the blind cachers, how silly of me. I'll try to recover all mine and add the ga code in Braille. Don't hold your breath though, they are all at least 15 Km away and moving into space.

Cheesy pigs

Post by Cheesy pigs » 07 December 12 5:53 pm

This GAME is quite fun isn't it? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 07 December 12 6:11 pm

calumphing_four wrote:Just wondering - is it possible to get a Bingo card without creating a moveable cache :?:
Cheers 8)
A card?
I just thought C@W just figured it all out....

Do we need a card?
how do I get one?

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 07 December 12 6:26 pm

calumphing_four wrote:Just wondering - is it possible to get a Bingo card without creating a moveable cache :?:
Cheers 8)
I would hope not. This is a numbers based game and hiding a cache is the entry price. The more you hide, the more numbers for everyone and transport is such a wide option (I wonder if C@W realised how wide!) there's no problem creating one. One toy horse with a number on it's side and you're away. :)

rogerw3
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by rogerw3 » 07 December 12 6:42 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
s_mc500 wrote:c@h has a full card and the others aren't far off :shock:

I've manged to get one number :-k
I have heaps of caches, but haven't had time to place them. Where would you like me to drop them this evening?
Lithgow would be great, or if you are not up to it anywhere within 2 hour walk from any railway station in the Sydney Metro!

Thank you muchly! \:D/ :lol:

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 07 December 12 7:12 pm

Cheers 8)
Regrettably, no. The game only exists because of the participants who hide a cache, so you need to create a cache to get a card. You are welcome to enter the game at any time, so you can create a cache, list it at GCA, enter it into cachinggames and you're away.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 07 December 12 7:15 pm

MtnLioness wrote:
Cheers 8)
A card?
I just thought C@W just figured it all out....

Do we need a card?
how do I get one?
You need to go to www.cachinggames.com/bingo
Join the game.
Create a listing at GCA and publish it (add bingo as public tag).
Enter your cache id (GAnnnn) at www.cachinggames.com by using the create my cache link.
You should get a card.
The games software will work everything else out.
You might not appear on the ladder until the next hourly update.

Krazy K Krew

Post by Krazy K Krew » 07 December 12 7:23 pm

I thank you all for your kind help with my issues with my tyre, your comments have put me at ease a little.
I truly was considering pulling out all together, after a few phone calls from loca
l Vic cachers and log notes from the first finders I am a little at ease. Still worried but at ease, all your kind comments have put my soul at ease, I Thank you.
As I said it was all in good fun and no trouble intended this was not the biggest tyre that I could get my hands on but the smartest choice to make it fun for all. As I said before I can despose of properly as I have the ways and means in the industry of tyre recycling.
But truly folks THANK YOU for putting a smile back on Krazy Ks face after a long sleepless night/day :D
I will leave it out there for the cachers to choose the challenge or not. I have also been advised to add a warning about what the cacher could be in for on the cache page (so the choice is yours). Please use your own discretion on this cache and please don't take it to far, as I do intend on retrieving it for recycling purposes after race

I like this game and would of felt like a failure if had of pulled out, so once again Thank to all phone calls, cache notes, e-mails, comments here (you folks know who you are)
But Krazy K will stay in the Bingo race :D
By the way I really think I need to sleep now, but can't stop looking up local movable caches, I think I got issues :D
THANK YOU ALL =D>

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 07 December 12 7:35 pm

Krazy K Krew wrote: By the way I really think I need to sleep now, but can't stop looking up local movable caches, I think I got issues :D
THANK YOU ALL =D>
That's normal. There's no known cure.

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 07 December 12 10:36 pm

I find the best way to find moveables is to go out at dawn on a Sunday :D For some reason, everyone but me has had a fun Saturday night and is still in bed!

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 07 December 12 11:29 pm

GabGab and I went our tonight to find 4 or 5 that were hidden along a stretch of road about 25km from home.
We ended up picking up 16 along that stretch.
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Then of course, we had to log them and rehide them, along with the other 12 we had.
It's been a busy evening.