Update of GC logs to GCA

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Richary
8000 or more caches found

Re: Update of GC logs to GCA

Post by Richary » 11 October 12 11:54 pm

My recent Sydney finds on odd days of the week have generally been updated fairly quickly by the faeries. Excellent service. After NZ I will add a My Finds query to make sure all my finds are in, given the expected numbers of finds there will be boosted somewhat by the invasion for the mega, I am quite sure a few might be missed by the automagical import of caches.

If any of the faeries can use my assistance in helping keep things up to date, they are welcome to let me know via a PM.

RebornCyclist
1850 or more caches found
1850 or more caches found

Post by RebornCyclist » 12 October 12 9:42 am

For the "newbies" wondering how to do it:
1. Get a GPX file, either from a Pocket Query (like My Finds) or from the GPX button on the cache page (need to be a Premium member)
2. Go to http://geocaching.com.au/my/import/ and press the buttons.
Works a treat!

Richary

Post by Richary » 12 October 12 11:57 pm

It does RebornCyclist. However as most of the Sydney logs happen pretty quickly I assume there are plenty of other faerie helpers working around here. So I could upload a GPX fairly regularly, but there is little point if it is just duplicating what my friend down the road is also uploading. Just adds to server load and bandwidth used.

If there are holes in the data feed I am happy to help as much as I can, but I don't plan on duplicating other efforts by accident except to update my finds when I need the latest stats.