"My Import" page.

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Chwiliwr
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

"My Import" page.

Post by Chwiliwr » 04 March 12 1:23 am

When you do an import from the "My Import" page that results in zero updates are you able to add in to the displayed results the file name of what was uploaded.

When it happens I can never tell if it was because the system was already up to date or that I made a mistake in the file to upload.

caughtatwork

Re: "My Import" page.

Post by caughtatwork » 04 March 12 9:49 am

Yes, yes we can. That's simple enough to do, so I've done it.
You will now see "Processing <filename>" under the Import Results heading.

crew 153
9000 or more caches found

Post by crew 153 » 05 March 12 12:41 pm

Thanks C@W. It's amazing how you get set in your ways and accept things as they are.

I have been using this function extensively and have always accepted it with no feedback on uploads which do not make changes to GCA without thought. This has made it so much easier. Thank you.

Now that I am in the mood for changes I always have trouble when I type messages like this in to the forum because the cursor becomes very sluggish. I assume it is because of all the animated smilies trying to run at the same time. Moving the cursor to the correct place to make corrections can be a real pain.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 05 March 12 1:23 pm

That's probably your machine.
When you get the reply page, stop the animated smilies by hitting the ESC key after the page has finished loading. That might make a difference.

crew 153

Post by crew 153 » 05 March 12 2:28 pm

Thanks C@W. That works a treat.

roundcircle
1100 or more caches found

Post by roundcircle » 05 March 12 10:05 pm

Ah C@W, you are truly the man. =D>

You seem so good at all this web stuff, perhaps you can assist with a non-GCA issue I have. When I do my online banking I'm usually not that happy with the numbers I see. I'd like to have different numbers, or maybe more numbers. Can you help? [-o<

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 06 March 12 8:11 am

Of course I can. Give me your username and password and I'll make sure the next time you logon your numbers will be different to what they are now :mrgreen:

SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by SamCarter » 06 March 12 9:46 am

caughtatwork wrote:Of course I can. Give me your username and password and I'll make sure the next time you logon your numbers will be different to what they are now :mrgreen:
And he can even make sure -- as requested -- that you have "more numbers" because -123,567,283.45 involves more digits than 126.77

<maths pedant> The meaning of "more numbers" is ambiguous at best. "More money" is the term that means what I think you would like to convey. "More digits" allows me to pull the rug -- and money -- from underneath you as above. </maths pedant>

roundcircle

Post by roundcircle » 09 March 12 9:03 am

caughtatwork wrote:Of course I can. Give me your username and password and I'll make sure the next time you logon your numbers will be different to what they are now :mrgreen:
Thanks C@W. I did talk with the Geowife and she pointed out that it's not really fair to ask you to assist outside of GCA, as you do so much already. The geowife did think she could help though, and checking the online account this morning I can indeed already see rather different numbers. At this rate, after the long weekend, I'll even have more numbers. Sadly more along the lines that SamCarter described. :cry:

(I must get better at defining my requirements)