enhancement to field notes

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
gd___
1600 or more caches found
1600 or more caches found

Re: enhancement to field notes

Post by gd___ » 30 January 12 5:13 pm

I'm with mtrax on this. I'd much rather be able to set my preferance to having the field notes be field notes until I make logs of them.

When I cache I sellect find a cache on the GPSr, find the cache and hit the found button (I really don't want to type in my log on the GPS while driving to the next cache). At some point after this when I'm at a computer and have my GPS and cable with me I load the fieldnotes file into GC and GCA. Then some time later when I get motivated, I write my logs in the order I found the caches (both sites keep track of that for me). When I get to one on GCA I write the log and go to all the others that I'm not interested in looking at just yet (usually not too many, but we can hope this number increases) and mark them all to create a field note (which seems strange as they are already field notes from the previous times I've created them).

Having to follow all the same steps that I do now but in GSAK and then create another field note file (hoping not to miss one or include one that is not ready yet) and then go through the same steps again at each of the web sites doesn't seem like an efficent alternative either.

Thanks,
gd

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 30 January 12 6:17 pm

yes I can attest its a very tedious method doing ALOT of caches this way if you do it in several sittings, I think I have done much more than 1 clicks probably around 200 so far for 50 caches.

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 01 March 12 8:47 am

just checking you got the JS via my email..?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 March 12 8:54 am

Nope. I'm guessing it got junked by a SPAM filter given what the attachment looked like. Try zipping and sending again. Or send me a PM.

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 01 March 12 9:11 am

:mrgreen: thats because I sent it to Craig.. but email you a copy.. should be in your inbox now

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 10 March 12 4:12 pm

Have the email (through roundabout means from the phone to the Mrs. to another email inbox).
The change has been implemented. Thanks for the JS mtrax.