Leap Frog registrations are now open

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
caughtatwork

Re: Leap Frog registrations are now open

Post by caughtatwork » 02 November 11 10:32 pm

No problems. Just trying to smooth the next steps so you don't pull your hair out. It can be a little confusing.

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found
Twitter: Dvixen, Geowhat

Post by Dvixen » 03 November 11 5:24 pm

Query: Does the leapfrog need to be the container? My idea may not weather the weather well and is more like a trackable/swaggie.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 November 11 5:57 pm

Dvixen wrote:Query: Does the leapfrog need to be the container? My idea may not weather the weather well and is more like a trackable/swaggie.
Preferably. Can you attach a box to your item? Can you put your item in a box? What about a nano up its clack?

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found

Post by Dvixen » 03 November 11 6:05 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
Dvixen wrote:Query: Does the leapfrog need to be the container? My idea may not weather the weather well and is more like a trackable/swaggie.
Preferably. Can you attach a box to your item? Can you put your item in a box? What about a nano up its clack?
Tried putting a test tube in it, but it kept sliding out. Rather disgusting, really. I think he may just have to live inside a box. Maybe I'll decorate it. :-"

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 November 11 7:17 pm

Dvixen wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
Tried putting a test tube in it, but it kept sliding out. Rather disgusting, really. I think he may just have to live inside a box. Maybe I'll decorate it. :-"
Silicone works well at keeping all manner of things in frogs clacks. He says knowingly.

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 03 November 11 7:59 pm

I've been toying with a few moveables that don't have "a container". No one has complained as yet though it has been expressed "if it doesn't have a log sheet, is it really a geocache?". A good point but yet I have two more moveables to come out without log sheets.

However my 5 leapfrog caches will have containers. They were amenable to it.

My preference is to use containers but sometimes it just doesn't make for an interesting cache.....

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found

Post by Dvixen » 03 November 11 9:07 pm

(Dvixen * not enough chocolate) + (crochet hook * wool) = Image

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found

Post by Dvixen » 03 November 11 9:09 pm

fluffyfish wrote:
I've been toying with a few moveables that don't have "a container". No one has complained as yet though it has been expressed "if it doesn't have a log sheet, is it really a geocache?". A good point but yet I have two more moveables to come out without log sheets.
I am rather enamoured of the 'Need a code to log the cache online'. It might work easier in the Frogling army than trying to glue test tubes up their hoo-haahs.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 November 11 9:10 pm

I see your problem. Silicon aint holding anything up in there. It's gorgeous by the way. I think frog in a box (or casket) would be beneficial to keeping Froggy out of the rain and dirt.

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found

Post by Dvixen » 03 November 11 9:12 pm

Comment from Xtumech (14 years old) "So it's definitely female?"

](*,)

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 03 November 11 9:25 pm

Dvixen wrote:(Dvixen * not enough chocolate) + (crochet hook * wool) = Image
I saw something similar and pondered as well. A clear top sistema should be the trick and removes the need for the constant gynecological examinations (which I *imagine* would begin to get tiring).

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 03 November 11 9:58 pm

OMGosh.....LOL
This whole thread is getting way too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-[

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 03 November 11 10:10 pm

Dvixen wrote:(Dvixen * not enough chocolate) + (crochet hook * wool) = Image
Wow that is so cool. I want one or at least I want this little one to find it's way to Sydney!!! :gnomette

cathylmorgan

Post by cathylmorgan » 04 November 11 2:12 am

I just published 6 frogs and registered them on caching games. 3 came up as future (green font) but 3 came up avaiable (purple). Can't work out what I did differently for those ones! can you fix it or tell me how to. I haven't logged co-rods for any of them yet.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 04 November 11 8:13 am

cathylmorgan wrote:I just published 6 frogs and registered them on caching games. 3 came up as future (green font) but 3 came up avaiable (purple). Can't work out what I did differently for those ones! can you fix it or tell me how to. I haven't logged co-rods for any of them yet.
Your three caches have been retracted. I've also removed all the logs (just to keep the history neat). For your information to "unpublish" a cache, log a "Retracted" log against it. That will put it back into draft.

I've found out why this happened.
When you published your cache it had a hidden date of 4-Nov-2011.
When you published it the date was less than or equal to today, so it went live.
You can't then go and change the hidden date to retract the listing. Use a Retracted log.
So when you changed the hidden date from 4-Nov-2011 to 1-Dec-2011, it stayed live.

No harm, no foul. It can be a little confusing, but all is well now.
I recommend not hitting the published log until your cache is ready to go and has accurate co-ordinates.

The published log contains the start point for the cache. So if you publish it it will have 0,0 as they start. When it next gets moved it will appear to travel from 0,0 to the new location and will accrue massive kilometers. This will DQ your entry in the race.

So, do NOT publish UNTIL you have the final co-ords on your cache page to save everyone some heartache.

I have RETRACTED all of your caches, so when you have co-ords and updated the cache page, THEN publish.