Leap Frog registrations are now open

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

Leap Frog Map Movements -- Found!

Post by pjmpjm » 04 January 12 5:08 pm

petan wrote:If you go to the individual frog page and click on Google Earth on the lower right hand side. It will open up a kml which will show the movements of that frog. Is this what you mean?
You got it! Many thanks!

lemmykc
2500 or more caches found

Re: Leap Frog registrations are now open

Post by lemmykc » 04 January 12 5:42 pm

GJMMelb wrote:
gmj3191 wrote:I dropped a couple of frogs near Yarra Glen on 2nd December (well, one is near Lilydale airport) and they haven't been moved on yet.
The owner is very sad about it.

I moved one to Mansfield and that owner decided he didn't like froggery and promptly archived his 6 frogs with a no, you may not adopt them.
So there are 6 orphans out there, and two near Yarra Glen desperate to moved on.
I have thought about going to get the Yarra Glen ones and the Christmas Hills one but havent had time - next Wed onwards we will have some froggy time again \:D/

One of our frogs has had 1 move and then has stayed put for 23 days and counting!! :cry: http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga3817 (well except for a DNF then for a "find" by someone who wasnt actually moving frogs, just finding them, signing them, logging a FIND and leaving them there causing lots of confusion!!!!! :? He now logs a "move" as well with the exact same co-ords which then means he gets the credit of the move including many interstate moves that we have done) :frog :frogette

To help our frog we hid 3 frogs WITH him but they have only had the "finds" by the above person so they are still there too! :( And it's not exactly the middle of no-where!

Bit frustrating ..... Sighhhhh :(

GJMMelb

Oi !!!! At least your frogs are moving!! I put two out and both have been found once, on the FIRST day of the race and moved on the THIRD! So much for froggie fun :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: It is even worse to see all of these other frogs around me have so many finds!

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 07 January 12 11:39 pm

Many thanks to FelixII and the other cachers for a fun frog filled event in Perth this morning. So well organised and with games too! I think 2/3rds of all WA frogs should up for the party.

gmj3191
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found

Post by gmj3191 » 08 January 12 12:11 am

gmj3191 wrote:I dropped a couple of frogs near Yarra Glen on 2nd December (well, one is near Lilydale airport) and they haven't been moved on yet.
It appears now he is getting VERY upset and is chucking a wobbly, complete with graphics.

lemmykc wrote: Oi !!!! At least your frogs are moving!! I put two out and both have been found once, on the FIRST day of the race and moved on the THIRD! So much for froggie fun :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: It is even worse to see all of these other frogs around me have so many finds!

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 12 January 12 11:33 pm

Great to see the frogs made it to the moon already and are now on their way home!

GJMMelb
3000 or more caches found

Post by GJMMelb » 12 January 12 11:54 pm

gmj3191 wrote:
It appears now he is getting VERY upset and is chucking a wobbly, complete with graphics.

lemmykc wrote: Oi !!!! At least your frogs are moving!! I put two out and both have been found once, on the FIRST day of the race and moved on the THIRD! So much for froggie fun :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: It is even worse to see all of these other frogs around me have so many finds!
His froggy's have been picked up and moved and now awaiting another move ............ not many people frogging out east this time ](*,) :(

Team Ladava

Post by Team Ladava » 13 January 12 8:30 am

The western side of Melbourne is completely cleaned out of frogs.
It looks like you eastern suburbs teams have raided them all without bringing any over. LOL
Ian & Sandra
Team Ladava

pwags
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by pwags » 13 January 12 12:28 pm

Team Ladava wrote:The western side of Melbourne is completely cleaned out of frogs.
It looks like you eastern suburbs teams have raided them all without bringing any over. LOL
Ian & Sandra
Team Ladava
Double-check your data, Ian and Sandra... there are quite a few in the west. A couple near the airport, two in Yarraville, one in Willi.

stagetree

Post by stagetree » 31 January 12 3:00 pm

I wonder if we're going to get a special icon for having entered a Frog like we did for the GeGnome and 10th Anniversary caches? I know it's only a few pixels but I love seeing them on peoples Cacher Pages. =D> \:D/

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 31 January 12 4:53 pm

It's almost over...

So many just sitting there in cachers' hands though... :twisted:

I wonder how many will get moved over the next week.

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 31 January 12 7:40 pm

Yurt wrote:It's almost over...

So many just sitting there in cachers' hands though... :twisted:

I wonder how many will get moved over the next week.
Arrgh i just realized i'm still technically holding onto one! Forgot to add the move log! oops!

pjmpjm

Move Those Leap Frogs Now!

Post by pjmpjm » 31 January 12 7:52 pm

Yurt wrote:It's almost over... So many just sitting there in cachers' hands though... :twisted: I wonder how many will get moved over the next week.
Only slightly more than four hours to go . . .

Hope everyone will get those final 'moves' in now, while it still counts . . .

lemmykc

Post by lemmykc » 31 January 12 8:04 pm

If only you knew what was coming in the next 4 hours.........

Hint: Watch the top of leader board until Midnight!!! Some evil evil mind will be logging a move....... I have said too much already :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock: #-o

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 31 January 12 8:23 pm

lemmykc wrote:If only you knew what was coming in the next 4 hours.........

Hint: Watch the top of leader board until Midnight!!! Some evil evil mind will be logging a move....... I have said too much already :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock: #-o
The Total Distance? The Longest Distance? Or the Most Moves?

pjmpjm

Re: Leap Frog Midnight Mystery

Post by pjmpjm » 31 January 12 8:26 pm

lemmykc wrote: Watch the top of leader board until Midnight!!! Some evil evil mind will be logging a move....... I have said too much already :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock: #-o
Will be watching! :frogette :frog