Cache Stats Explanation

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Fangsoki

Cache Stats Explanation

Post by Fangsoki » 30 August 11 11:48 am

Of course caching is not about the numbers 8-[ - but a friend of mine has just pointed out an interesting thing to me. Maybe someone can explain it. Please bear with me - it is a tadly complicated.

On the QLD page, I am currently listed on for "2011" as at the top (not for long the way people are motoring up there!). This is the page -:
http://geocaching.com.au/dashboard/au/qld/ (2011, 8th accross)

However, on the following "Cachers by Finds : Queensland" graph, it shows the lovely Team Robins (they put on some great Events!), at the top.
http://geocaching.com.au/stats/cachers/ ... rs_by_year

Now - I understand that GCA are included in that. However, why does Team Robins not appear in the GCA "Top" list on the state page? It seems that on the state page, that GCA locationless are not taken into account - but on the "Cachers by Finds : Queensland" graph they are taken into account?

Would it not be prudent to have the GCA locationless taken into account on the state page, if they are included in the "Cachers by Finds : Queensland" stat?

Everyone confused? :P Hopefully someone can explain it to me ](*,)

caughtatwork

Re: Cache Stats Explanation

Post by caughtatwork » 30 August 11 11:53 am

It's simple.

The Dashboard is for caches in Queensland.
The Cacher Graph is for cachers who reside in Queensland.

Team Robins are Queenslanders who find caches outside Queensland, so their stats aren't on the Queensland dashboard as the caches they find are not in that state.

Different things.

Fangsoki

Re: Cache Stats Explanation

Post by Fangsoki » 30 August 11 11:58 am

caughtatwork wrote:It's simple.

The Dashboard is for caches in Queensland.
The Cacher Graph is for cachers who reside in Queensland.

Team Robins are Queenslanders who find caches outside Queensland, so their stats aren't on the Queensland dashboard as the caches they find are not in that state.

Different things.
Many thanks for the quick reply. So does that mean finds I do in NSW and NZ are counted toward the "Cacher Graph" as well then?

Addendum - The answer to my second question is pretty obvious by your answer actually. Many thanks caughtatwork :D

pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

Re: Cache Stats Explanation -- Thanks

Post by pjmpjm » 30 August 11 3:25 pm

caughtatwork wrote:It's simple. The Dashboard is for caches in Queensland. The Cacher Graph is for cachers who reside in Queensland. Team Robins are Queenslanders who find caches outside Queensland, so their stats aren't on the Queensland dashboard as the caches they find are not in that state. Different things.
Don't think I could survive without the regular GCA stats. Keep up the good work!