Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site

What do you want for this years theme?

Poll ended at 10 September 11 12:54 pm

Frogs
60
20%
Piggy banks (any shape)
24
8%
Other garden ornaments (gnomes included, but not frogs)
14
5%
Nature (Plants preferably plastic, rocks, dog poop, etc)
10
3%
Lego (individual pieces, collections, fully assembled kits)
14
5%
Pots and Pans (kitchen themed)
7
2%
Rocket in your Pocket (starship / outer space themed)
10
3%
Zombies / Graveyards / Undead / Vampire /Werewolf (Halloween style)
31
10%
Glow in the Dark (solar lights, GitD painted, LED light)
26
9%
Pet Toys
10
3%
Christmas Decorations (Santas, Baubles, etc)
11
4%
Shoes
13
4%
Keyrings / souvenirs from your location
8
3%
Vehicles (not your own car, matchbox, etc)
12
4%
Real world moving items (cows, horses, sheep, bikes, wheelchairs, etc)
6
2%
Eclipse tins (you vote for this I'll ban you)
9
3%
Faeries (mushrooms, toadstools, faeries, goblins, trolls, NO gnomes, etc)
40
13%
 
Total votes: 305

User avatar
caughtatwork
Posts: 16294
Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by caughtatwork » 02 September 11 2:01 pm

I agree, but the community speaks louder than the developer.

The Empire
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Posts: 89
Joined: 04 July 09 11:12 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by The Empire » 02 September 11 3:10 pm

I didn't like the idea of frogs to begin with... but the more ideas we get from the community, the more I think it could be a fun idea.

How about some floating frogs in ponds? Could be fun in the summer!

User avatar
gmj3191
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found
Posts: 1315
Joined: 22 April 03 12:37 am
Location: Sandringham, Vic Garmin Oregon 650

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by gmj3191 » 02 September 11 3:40 pm

You know you're a cacher when any old frog reminds you of Signal ....

User avatar
Pesky!
1350 or more caches found
1350 or more caches found
Posts: 1871
Joined: 04 April 03 11:48 pm
Location: Umina Beach, NSW

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by Pesky! » 02 September 11 4:08 pm

Image

User avatar
Pesky!
1350 or more caches found
1350 or more caches found
Posts: 1871
Joined: 04 April 03 11:48 pm
Location: Umina Beach, NSW

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by Pesky! » 02 September 11 4:18 pm

The Empire wrote:I didn't like the idea of frogs to begin with... but the more ideas we get from the community, the more I think it could be a fun idea.

How about some floating frogs in ponds? Could be fun in the summer!
Floating... how about , submersibles! even more fun in summer!

User avatar
fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 331
Joined: 09 January 09 10:21 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by fluffyfish » 02 September 11 6:22 pm

covert wrote:I don't like the idea of the frog since the Frog remind me of "Signal" the geocaching.com mascot and this project is totally a GCA project.
It is bad enough that geocaching.com try and own the concept of "geocaching". Let's reclaim frogs for all of mankind and not let groundspeak try and own frogs too.

User avatar
blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Posts: 1588
Joined: 25 February 09 1:59 pm
Location: West Ryde

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by blossom* » 02 September 11 8:27 pm

fluffyfish wrote:
covert wrote:I don't like the idea of the frog since the Frog remind me of "Signal" the geocaching.com mascot and this project is totally a GCA project.
It is bad enough that geocaching.com try and own the concept of "geocaching". Let's reclaim frogs for all of mankind and not let groundspeak try and own frogs too.
Yeah! We can play with whatever we want whithout GC's permission needed. I suspect we might end up with quite a few zombie frogs and faeries riding frogs. Got a frog smilie yet c@w?

User avatar
Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found
Posts: 681
Joined: 21 September 10 4:20 pm
Twitter: bronnie1990
Location: Tuggeranong, Canberra.

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 02 September 11 8:30 pm

Hmm, vampire frogs, gnome frogs (it could happen), ...hmmm..


Errgh, i was just trolling the shops earlier, i could find plenty of gnomes (figures! I had a problem finding them in november!), but i couldnt find any frogs. this could be fun

User avatar
caughtatwork
Posts: 16294
Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by caughtatwork » 02 September 11 9:35 pm

blossom* wrote:
fluffyfish wrote:
covert wrote:I don't like the idea of the frog since the Frog remind me of "Signal" the geocaching.com mascot and this project is totally a GCA project.
It is bad enough that geocaching.com try and own the concept of "geocaching". Let's reclaim frogs for all of mankind and not let groundspeak try and own frogs too.
Yeah! We can play with whatever we want whithout GC's permission needed. I suspect we might end up with quite a few zombie frogs and faeries riding frogs. Got a frog smilie yet c@w?
Not yet. Let's see the outcome first.

User avatar
Rigger64
950 or more random things achieved
950 or more random things achieved
Posts: 451
Joined: 10 November 07 11:36 pm
Location: Seaford

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by Rigger64 » 02 September 11 10:17 pm

covert wrote:
bubbles_baby123 wrote:I just thought of a really evil idea for eclipse tins
Eclipse tins are an evil idea.
How about An Eclipse Tin Up a frogs you Know were.
Well the log Sheet has to go somewere.
Why not Eclips Container??????????? :twisted:

User avatar
MakkyBrown
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched
Posts: 23
Joined: 15 September 10 6:01 pm

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by MakkyBrown » 02 September 11 10:44 pm

bubbles_baby123 wrote:Hmm, vampire frogs, gnome frogs (it could happen), ...hmmm..


Errgh, i was just trolling the shops earlier, i could find plenty of gnomes (figures! I had a problem finding them in november!), but i couldnt find any frogs. this could be fun

Bubbles have a look on ebay, 1000's to chose from, jewelry, carvings, ornaments etc just an endless selection.

this is a search for just frog ornaments.
http://shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?_nkw=fro ... 86.c0.m359

I hope it's frogs, the kids have picked theirs out already. They are very excited about this years race.

User avatar
BigON
1200 or more Caches found
1200 or more Caches found
Posts: 217
Joined: 08 August 05 1:12 am
Location: Gilmore ACT

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by BigON » 03 September 11 1:46 am

Some Frog Smilies

Image Kneedeep
Image Cool Dude (just cause I like this one)
Image This one has potential

Ozibags
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
Posts: 172
Joined: 23 September 08 7:41 pm
Location: Southern Vales, South Australia

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by Ozibags » 03 September 11 9:10 am

Maybe we could be a bit more specific than just 'Frogs'. How about 'Dead Cane Toads'. That should differentiate from Signal :twisted: :-"

User avatar
DDTs
1900 or more caches found
1900 or more caches found
Posts: 113
Joined: 11 June 05 11:42 am
Location: Hobart, TAS

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by DDTs » 03 September 11 12:57 pm

What can we say - we just HAD to vote for frogs!

budgietas
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found
Posts: 550
Joined: 25 January 10 9:35 pm
Location: Lenah Valley

Re: Moving Cache Race 2011 / 2012 - Theme Poll

Post by budgietas » 03 September 11 6:12 pm

Brought two frogs today. Looking forward to the race.

Post Reply