ideology

Post by ideology » 08 October 04 9:41 am

the hitlist is meant to be a quick-n-dirty list of caches to find
the criteria is
- near the cacher
- not owned by the cacher
- not found by the cacher
- available

it's currently in beta mode. we need to update the profile so people can type in their home coordinates

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 08 October 04 5:50 pm

ideology wrote:the hitlist is meant to be a quick-n-dirty list of caches to find
the criteria is
- near the cacher
- not owned by the cacher
- not found by the cacher
- available

it's currently in beta mode. we need to update the profile so people can type in their home coordinates
interesting as the number one on my hit list is much further away from the Swamp than #2 and #3..... well that blows my and the pants wearing frog's theories out of the water... I though it was working on number of caches of a particular type, then the distance, availablity and such......

ideology

Post by ideology » 08 October 04 5:54 pm

we probably have your home coordinates wrong. since we don't have a way for people to enter them, we just updated a few users' home coordinates with the average of the caches they placed. or found. or something like that!

anyway, we are currently adding a few more fields to the profile. you will be able to enter your home coords and state. and msn messenger will hopefully work too!

Mr Darcy

Post by Mr Darcy » 09 October 04 12:23 am

I have two "homes" one in Canberra and the other in the Blue Mountains. Will you be able ot cope with multi localities?

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 09 October 04 11:07 am

ideology wrote:we probably have your home coordinates wrong. since we don't have a way for people to enter them, we just updated a few users' home coordinates with the average of the caches they placed. or found. or something like that!

anyway, we are currently adding a few more fields to the profile. you will be able to enter your home coords and state. and msn messenger will hopefully work too!
I seem to remember entering home coords for one of your maps a year or so ago..

ideology

Post by ideology » 11 October 04 10:35 am

mr darcy, sadly it will only handle one home but we plan to allow people to generate hitlits centred around any cache, so that might help

yes riblit, there are some HQs on the map which come up in purple. at one state we had a screen to add these but this has gone by the wayside because that system didn't have the concept of who "owned" which waypoints, which the new one does. at the moment those waypoints are still in there but can't be edited. we'll zap them once we get the new system up and running.