Converting GC cache to GCA

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
TeamGeoPlesk
1350 or more caches found

Converting GC cache to GCA

Post by TeamGeoPlesk » 16 December 10 5:23 pm

Just a question... I was thinking of changing a few of my GC caches to GCA caches. I have done so in the past by just creating a new listing of the same name, but that never pleases the crowds. Caches then have an new unfound cache, which they have found, that will taunt them with the questioning the ethics of a find and infact geocaching as a whole... hmmm... i think i digress.

Is there any way to archive a GC cache on their site and have it still live on in GCA land with all the finders logs? Or am i best just to archive full stop and not bother switching the caches over to GCA?

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Re: Converting GC cache to GCA

Post by CraigRat » 16 December 10 5:32 pm

When I started to hide only on GCA (prior to my becoming a dev here BTW) I just left my GC caches where they were on (and still are). I just made my new ones on GCA.

TeamGeoPlesk

Re: Converting GC cache to GCA

Post by TeamGeoPlesk » 16 December 10 8:48 pm

Yeah, i've got a few of each. Been hiding a little bit now. Just have one or two which are apart of a series which i was wanting to convert all to either GC or GCA. Finds are not so much as important to me these days. Its not at all really important, just wondering if there was an easy way.