The New GCA Cache Icons Poll!

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site

Are you happy with the new GCA Cache Icons?!

Yep, looking good, keep them!
45%
I didnt even notice to tell you the truth...
5%
I prefer the simple old ones, please return them!
50%

Total votes: 76

Varuna
2350 or more caches found
2350 or more caches found

Re: The New GCA Cache Icons Poll!

Post by Varuna » 26 November 10 5:31 am

"Spindoc Bob" Voting for the old ones. First, they're clearer. Second, some of the geocaches aren't in Australia (only a few, but it's more than none).

Ditto.

Tealby
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Tealby » 29 November 10 5:31 am

Well I liked the new ones - perhaps I just like changes to keep things fresh. But I won't get hung up on it if the decision is to revert to the old icons. However, I especially like the letterbox option that I hadn't noticed previously - the old icon was not intuitive to me.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 29 November 10 11:03 am

Well the race has been run and a big thanks to everyone who provided feedback. =D>

Almost reminiscent of other recent poles in this country in a close race it seems that a (just) a majority of people still prefer the old icons on an issue of clarity and a feeling the icons should not be Australia shaped as Geocaching Australia services NZ and others as well...

Final call naturally resides with the Sysop Fairies but it seems most likely the Aussie Maps will revert to the simple "Letter in a Colour Box" originals for Trads, Multi, Mystery, Event and Mega Icons. I dont think there were any objections to tweeks to Letterboxes, LOCs etc (correct me if I am wrong!) So they could be flagged to stay as is.

I am very busy at the moment but once things quiet down I may have a look at the Google Map Pins... I'll chat to C@W beforehand to see if it is worth the time it will take as the idea I had for them was, like the Icons, based on the GCA Logo but if people dont feel that the Oz Map should be in the icons the sentiment must naturally carry to map pins :-k

We'll See :D Cheers Everyone!

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 29 November 10 11:14 am

C@W is going overseas from 7-Dec-2010 to 8-Jan-2011 and is unlikely to respond during that period, but CraigRat will always be around.

I'll revert the icons tonight and we'll go from there.