Personal Messaging [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Team Tweeti

Personal Messaging [closed]

Post by Team Tweeti » 15 September 04 11:23 am

Just a small thought, is it possible to modify the "after PM page" so that there is an option to return to previous forum/message. At present there is only the options of your inbox, or the forum index, if I wish to pm someone from within a message, I would like the ebay type option of "return to last item I looked at". I know, fussy fussy!! :wink: Cheers orac7000

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 15 September 04 7:50 pm

Try the back button a couple of times ... :D

ideology

Re: Personal Messaging

Post by ideology » 16 September 04 12:00 am

Team Tweeti wrote:Just a small thought, is it possible to modify the "after PM page" so that there is an option to return to previous forum/message. At present there is only the options of your inbox, or the forum index, if I wish to pm someone from within a message, I would like the ebay type option of "return to last item I looked at". I know, fussy fussy!! :wink: Cheers orac7000
it's relatively easy to add a link to a specific place (we did that for the loon some time ago), but putting a link back to a dynamic place is trickier because we need to pass the return-to path into the PM page, then pass it to the post PM page. ugh. we can put it on our list, but it would be in the "hard to do" section. can we suggest a workaround:
if you use firefox, middle-click the PM button to open it in a new tab
if you use internet explorer, right click the PM button and select "open in a new window"

Team Tweeti

Re: Personal Messaging

Post by Team Tweeti » 16 September 04 10:53 am

ideology wrote:can we suggest a workaround:
if you use firefox, middle-click the PM button to open it in a new tab
<br>
That's the one for me, thanks<br>
:roll:

Lucanos

Post by Lucanos » 16 September 04 5:21 pm

Or you could just put a link like the following:
<a href="javascript:history.go(-X);">Return to Thread</a>
With "X" being the number of "Back"s required to get back to the Thread.

Alternately, and as suggested above, have the "PM" button launch a new window - either by giving the link a target of "_blank" or by using a JavaScript "window.open" command.