Laminated Stash Notes in the GCA Shop

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
caughtatwork

Laminated Stash Notes in the GCA Shop

Post by caughtatwork » 25 June 10 9:03 pm

http://geocaching.com.au/shop/index.php ... duct_id=61

The basic minimum of a standard Geocache hide are a Container, Log Book and a Stash Note.

Many cache hides are missing the very important stash note. Either it was not included or was printed on standard white paper which has either fallen out of the cache and been lost to the weather or has become a slushy mess at the bottom of the cache container.

Slushy, wet, soggy, mouldy stash notes do no-one a favour. They keep moisture in the cache container and they can't be read by anyone who finds your cache, intentionally or by accident.

With a laminated stash note, you can be assured that your cache won't fall foul of mouldy, slushy stash notes at the bottom of the container.

Printed on 200GSM white business card stock and laminated, these stash notes are sturdy and waterproof, keeping your treasured cache container in pristine condition.

Measuring 64mm x 99mm by 1mm, they fit into any cache larger than 400ml without trimming and with a small amount of trimming (approximately 2mm from each edge) they also fit into a 400ml or 200ml Sistema type container. Perfect size for just about anything.

The stash note contains the following text on both sides with http://www.geocaching.com.au on one side and http://www.geocaching.com on the other. This means the stash note can be used for either a geocaching.com cache or a Geocaching Australia cache saving you the hassles of buying or making specific stash notes for each listing site.

CONGRATULATIONS! You’ve Found It! (Intentionally or Not)
This container is part of a worldwide game loved by GPS (Global Positioning System) users who are on the Internet. It's like a scavenger hunt - it's called Geocaching. A GPS user hides a "treasure" (this container), and publishes the exact coordinates so other GPS users can come on a "treasure hunt" to find it.
If you found this container by accident:
Great! You can join in with us! We only ask:
· Please don't move or vandalize the container. The real fun is finding it and recording a visit.
· Go ahead and take something if you like. But also leave something too.
· Let us know you found this by visiting the website below.
Geocaching is for everyone with a sense of adventure and there are over one million of them around the world.
Visit our website if you want to learn more, or have any comments.

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Re: Laminated Stash Notes in the GCA Shop

Post by blossom* » 25 June 10 11:11 pm

Great idea :D I hate caches where the stash note is all grotty at the bottom of the container.

PesceVerde
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by PesceVerde » 26 June 10 2:15 am

Excellent. 8)

rogerw3
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by rogerw3 » 26 June 10 10:51 am

=D> :idea:
Great idea, I will definitely order some in my next shop order (very soon!).

Perma

Post by Perma » 24 July 10 1:47 pm

Very nice, but I just purchased a laminator for this very reason, so I'm afraid I won't be purchasing any soon. (if only it was sooner, but oh well the laminator has other uses, or does it?)

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 24 July 10 5:21 pm

I ordered mine and then bought a laminator while I was waiting...
(I need it for another purpose though)

oldfella
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by oldfella » 25 July 10 10:29 am

I ordered mine and received them quickly once thery were made available for purchase. I also have a laminator and have allready prepared , Laminated, several different sizes for future use in both GCA and the other one,s caches.
I really did not need them at this point in time but I, like many other GCA members try to support our group as much as we can and as we only have a voluntary donation scheme to supplement costs on the server etc, this is my part in the donation process.

Every member of GCA supports it to the best they can and some like me, I suppose, are this is new why not buy a couple, view. Looking forward to the next issue of pathtags. This is my personal opinion and is not intended to upset anyone so in advance if it has I apologise now. :-" :-"

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 25 July 10 10:35 am

oldfella wrote:I really did not need them at this point in time but I, like many other GCA members try to support our group as much as we can and as we only have a voluntary donation scheme to supplement costs on the server etc, this is my part in the donation process.
Thanks, it is very much appreciated.