Happy Anniversary - The Offical Congratulations Thread

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found
Twitter: Dvixen, Geowhat

Re: Happy Anniversary - The Offical Congratulations Thread

Post by Dvixen » 18 May 10 7:32 pm

Virtual party yummies for all! \:D/ We have yummy C4 (Chewy Chunky Chocolate Chip). Hrm. I think a cake is in order too, a Wacky Cake seems fitting!

Thanks to all admins and moderators for all your hard work on GCA, it's grown into a fantastic community! =D>

pocketrocket&friends

Post by pocketrocket&friends » 18 May 10 7:34 pm

:D HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :D
When I was introduced to geocaching at the start of 2007, my mum knew that I was hooked!
Since then, I have taken friends caching, some who have since started caching themselves.
It gets us out and about and the experiences we have had, you can't get that sitting inside!
Thanks GCA for the site and keeping us updated on everything that's happening in the caching world! =D>
Here's to many more caches to be found far and wide!
- PR&F

GhostGums
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by GhostGums » 18 May 10 7:40 pm

Its quite incredible that geocaching has grown to what it is today in just 10 years, and the fact that in only took Australia 16 days to cotton on to the idea. Well done to all the people who have made what it is today, especially those involved with GCA as alot of things would not have happended without the site including the recent Mega event.

I started geocaching about two years ago to spend quality time with the kids and get out and about, and have seen some interesting sights along the way. In the last year joined up with some other SEQ cachers to do some day trips which have been tremendous and have provided some great memories.

I have also been to some places that I woudln't have gone to if it wasn't for geocaching.

Anyhow I am now enjoying a celebatory port to the day. Cheers! =D>

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 18 May 10 7:51 pm

GhostGums wrote:especially those involved with GCA as alot of things would not have happended without the site including the recent Mega event.
Thanks, but we had *very* little involvement with the Mega, we can't take any credit for those guys hard work.

DDTs
1900 or more caches found
1900 or more caches found

Post by DDTs » 18 May 10 7:54 pm

Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary one and all. A big thank you to everyone who helps to make geocaching possible (that's quite probably you!!) Oh, if only we didn't have to work to support our caching habit and could have gone hunting FTFs today!!!

The Marines
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by The Marines » 18 May 10 7:57 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

The Marines wish to congratulate everyone, on our great achievement: 10 whole years of geocaching! Geocaching has just gotten itself a smiley. No, wait a minute, 10 smilies!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Well done everyone!
Last edited by The Marines on 07 June 10 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g_ordo
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by g_ordo » 18 May 10 7:59 pm

Another big thanks to everyone involved in hosting the site.

I was amazed to see someone logged a cache I hid within minutes after midnight.... some are way more committed than I am!!!

Have only been caching since Jan, but feel I am definitely hooked.

Cheers Gordo

AusTrackers

Post by AusTrackers » 18 May 10 8:00 pm

CONGRATULATIONS and thanks to all involved.

When we started geocaching almost 3 years ago we thought the novelty would wear off - well it hasn't yet. In fact we are not sure anymore whether we plan our holidays around caching or caching around our holidays!

GhostGums
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by GhostGums » 18 May 10 8:04 pm

CraigRat wrote:
GhostGums wrote:especially those involved with GCA as alot of things would not have happended without the site including the recent Mega event.
Thanks, but we had *very* little involvement with the Mega, we can't take any credit for those guys hard work.
I was thinking more about the discussions, the intentions and the information that was provided on the forums. Without the forums I am not sure that this would have been easily accomplished. :wink:

La Kedi
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found

Post by La Kedi » 18 May 10 8:16 pm

*does a little happy geodance for the anniversary*

\:D/

firesafe
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by firesafe » 18 May 10 8:45 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Well what a 10 years it has been with the changes in technology that has made the game what it is today. Even though I was an early adopter (January 2002) it wasn't until about 4 years ago that I really got into it.

And in that time, the places I have been, people I have met makes it all worthwhile. 8)

Thanks to the guys at GCA for keeping this site going and to all the cachers I have met and will meet in the future. \:D/

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 18 May 10 8:46 pm

Yes well done to all concerned. Without these forums I don't know how newbies find out anything unless they have a mentor. Only a year into it and it's replaced a couple of other hobbies in terms of the time spent on them. I can't think of another hobby that is computer and technology based but it gets you outdoors all the time! Beats Playstation.

pocketrocket&friends

Post by pocketrocket&friends » 18 May 10 8:49 pm

I was also excited to pick up a FTF on GC this afternoon too! :lol:
Shame I didn't get my 10th Anniversary cache out in time. :(

J_&_J
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000016368307

Post by J_&_J » 18 May 10 8:50 pm

J & J have been seeking caches since May 2005, but our first find was about 10 weeks later, when we finally purchased a Garmin Etrex. After that one purchase, our interest in geocaching became more than a passing interest, and we were out finding all manner of hides every weekend.

Within the first year, we found ourselves moving away from the city out to regional SA for work and other reasons. I thought that geocaching would become a thing of the past for us, and it certainly took a backseat for a couple of years. Fads come and go, but we've found that geocaching is the one thing that we can always return to for a feeling of either acomplishment, education, discovery, relaxation, or all of the above!

Since we discovered geocaching, we've always been in support of what the GCA admins have provided for us. Without this wonderful website and forum, we'd not all be able to celebrate, together, the 10th anniversary of geocaching in Australia.

So....

Thanks to all the pioneers of geocaching in our great country!
Thanks to all those involved in bringing the Geocaching Australia website together!

Happy anniversary! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

andiamo
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by andiamo » 18 May 10 8:52 pm

=D> =D> Happy Anniversary Geocaching Australia =D> =D> and thank you to everyone who has contributed to the development of this site. =D> =D>