Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Aushiker
350 ? I am the lizard queen
Twitter: Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 23 December 04 8:35 pm

ideology wrote:oh, and before anyone asks, here's the most popular caches:
<p>
Is it possible to be able to see this, say on a state basis. Maybe a link from the state pages? Also is still possible to see previous months activities? I would have sworn there used to be a link ....
<p>
Thanks
<br>Andrew

ideology

Post by ideology » 24 December 04 8:01 am

Biggles Bear wrote:How about a year to date stat?
done(ish). here's the complete ytd totals, where maccamob blitzes the competition! (yeah, we know they're listed as NSW - that's just the last place they found a cache - we need to fix that...)

you can also do it by state, eg victoria, where it's neck and neck for the 2004 victorian champion!

we say "done(ish)" because we don't have any links to these urls at the moment, but we'll put some up. yes, we know it's slow, that's because these queries are not cached - only the default month's pages are cached
Aushiker wrote:Is it possible to be able to see this, say on a state basis. Maybe a link from the state pages? Also is still possible to see previous months activities?
we're hesitant to put up a link for all the finds because we know the data isn't accurate. we're comfortable with 2004 ytd data but it gets dodgier the further back you go. as more people use the import logs wizard, the data is getting better, so we might do it. you can explore the data issues by putting &y=2004 and &m=1 through to 12 into the urls. as mentioned above, these urls aren't linked on the pages yet, but we'll put them up soon

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 24 December 04 8:44 am

Any useless website stats i!??

I love useless website stats.....

Aushiker
Twitter: Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 24 December 04 11:06 am

ideology wrote:
Aushiker wrote:Is it possible to be able to see this, say on a state basis. Maybe a link from the state pages? Also is still possible to see previous months activities?
we're hesitant to put up a link for all the finds because we know the data isn't accurate. we're comfortable with 2004 ytd data but it gets dodgier the further back you go. as more people use the import logs wizard, the data is getting better, so we might do it. you can explore the data issues by putting &y=2004 and &m=1 through to 12 into the urls. as mentioned above, these urls aren't linked on the pages yet, but we'll put them up soon
<p>
Thanks. What is now there is looking good. Nice to know how unpopular one's caches are :D
<p>
Andrew