Report GCA Site issues here [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
crew 153
9000 or more caches found
9000 or more caches found

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by crew 153 » 19 May 15 1:17 pm

I am the regular source of updates for NZ along with all the Aus states and I am on slow, expensive internet on boards a cruise ship so the updates will have to wait until after the 8th June when I get back to normal transmissions.

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 19 May 15 9:12 pm

Like crew 153 does for all Australia I keep a track on all NSW and ACT caches and do a weekly upload of anything that has been logged in the last 10 days. All it takes is one person from each state or region to do that for their area and things will stay up to date without it relying on one person.

I already run weekly PQs for all of NSW and ACT anyway as work can take me up to about 300km away from home base with next to no warning. So it is easy enough in GSAK to first select for anything not updated in the last 10 days which will catch anything that has been archived in that period, and do a manual update on the caches in that filter using the API. I then copy the caches with logs in the last 10 days to another database.

I then run a cleanup on that database to get rid of all logs older than 10 days (which can take a while, I need a quicker PC here). Then I can split that into about 4 date ranges to export some GPX files that are small enough to import here. It sounds more laborious than it is as most of the time the computer is doing the work while I am doing other things online anyway. Really I should write a GSAK macro to automate it to the part where I do the upload to GCA using the geocaching.com.au/my/import page.

The only thing that may get missed is where there have been many logs on one cache (such as an event) since they won't get imported into my weekly download. I believe crew 153 does things a little differently to catch those logs. But at least the caches listings themselves are up to date and will appear on the map. I also figure that if some logs are missed it is up to the people who made them and want their stats up to date to import their logs themselves. When I find caches I tend to download the GPX file for them and import it so my stats and logs on here are up to date. Unless it's been a huge run like the mega in which case I might just import a My Finds query here (though for the mega ones I did a query that showed every cache I had found in Qld) and uploaded any logs newer than 10 days which would have updated quite a few finds.

McPhan
10000 or more caches found

Post by McPhan » 25 May 15 8:15 am

Trying to view my stats and getting lots of spinning wheels but no results.

McPhan

Post by McPhan » 25 May 15 8:19 am

and now working.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 25 May 15 9:33 am

Server was under heavy load last night, so I've kicked it in the nuts.

McPhan

Post by McPhan » 25 May 15 6:50 pm

Thanks very much for that!

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 03 June 15 1:06 pm

Having trouble accessing some parts of the website including logging an event cache (for publication). Was happening last night as well.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 June 15 1:51 pm

I just kicked it in the proverbials.

rogerw3

Post by rogerw3 » 24 June 15 8:31 pm

:cry: :griffin

I just tried to access the Toolbox but keep getting the message:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gca_centroid() (previously declared in /var/www/site/gca/include/gca_formatting.php:2604) in /var/www/site/gca/include/gca_toolbox.php on line 50

It may possibly be my very old and tired computer, but thought you might like to know.

Many thanks for all your work keeping this wonderful site going.

=D> :griffin

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 25 June 15 9:37 am

Thanks rogerw3. I updated the calculation for the centroids last night and missed the toolbox call. This is now all fixed.

WazzaAndWenches
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by WazzaAndWenches » 09 July 15 11:44 pm

The Plot View works fine albeit very slow. Unfortunately the List View has a problem...

GCA Only
Australia
All
Cachers By Finds List

error: This graph cannot be produced without a country and region selected.

(Tried inserting a screen image into this post from dropbox but only got an image icon. Must be doing something wrong ](*,)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 10 July 15 9:14 am

That's correct. You MUST select a Country and a State. You have selected all. The reason for this is that if you don't select a country and a region, it simply runs out of memory. So you're advised to select a country and region (state).

stagetree

Post by stagetree » 13 July 15 10:20 pm

I've just noticed that someone who hid a couple of 10th Anniversary caches and even held a 10th Anniversary event (yes I'm looking at you c@w) has lost their 10th Anniversary icon. [-X Presumably because they have all been archived.
I don't think that's fair. Could some faery dust be applied please?

Would this be the same with any icons? i.e. Last of that type of your caches gets archived then you lose the icon? :shock:

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 14 July 15 9:26 am

Under my cacher page and your cacher page I see the 10th anniversary icon. Image
Against one of my 10th anniversary caches I see the cache icon for the 10th anniversary. http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga1924 Image
Are you not seeing these?

stagetree

Post by stagetree » 14 July 15 2:33 pm

That's funny. :oops:
I swear I didn't see the 10th anniversary icon on your page last night but now I do. Must have been a momentary glitch.