Report GCA Site issues here [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
caughtatwork

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by caughtatwork » 13 January 12 3:38 pm

CraigRat wrote:Noted.

I'll add it to my watchlist and see what happens!
If the log is edited, the updated timestamp is updated and the watchlist goes out again. As far as I can tell, while this is unexpected, it is behaving as normal.
Is the content of the emails identical?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 13 January 12 3:45 pm

WanderingAus wrote:Is an Update Required fo the GCA Rewards Program?

A couple of days ago I received this email:
Congratulations you have reached 2000 finds at Geocaching Australia.
This entitles you to receive a special Geocaching Australia 1000 finds pathtag.
The Geocaching Australia 1000 finds pathtag is only rewarded to geocachers who reach their first 1000 finds at Geocaching Australia. The pathtags cannot be purchased and as they are so rarely rewarded they are unlikley to be made available as trades or left in geocaches.

Geocaching Australia would like to congratulate you and also thank you for finding 1000 Geocaching Australia caches and contributing to the ongoing success of Geocaching Australia.
The auto-generated script doesn't seem to cater for the Locationless Addicts like me. Can it be tweaked a little (before I reach the 3000 milestone perhaps). \:D/

Sadly my Geocaching Australia pathtags for 1200 finds, 1300 finds, 500 finds, and the first "1000 finds" were all posted while I was on a Climatic Refugee trip, would have been re-directed to my daughter's address, and didn't make it home to me.
We only issue 1000 finds pathtags, but you get multiples.
So the only thing that needs changing is the reference to the "reach their first" which I have done.
The remainder of the email is appropriate.

flower1
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Post by flower1 » 13 January 12 4:00 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
CraigRat wrote:Noted.

I'll add it to my watchlist and see what happens!
If the log is edited, the updated timestamp is updated and the watchlist goes out again. As far as I can tell, while this is unexpected, it is behaving as normal.
Is the content of the emails identical?
I wondered if editing the log might be the cause but the content of the duplicate email is identical in each instance. It's no big drama - I was more curious than anything.

Hope you're having a great holiday :)

crew 153
9000 or more caches found

Post by crew 153 » 16 January 12 11:40 am

Just a small sleeper that I may have located.

I imported one of my found logs from GC and then discovered I had put the wrong date on it.

I corrected it on the GC site and then decided the best way to correct it on GCA was to delete the log on GCA.

I opened the Edit Log and then selected Delete. I was then given the option "Are you sure you want to delete this log" with the options Yes and NO.

At this point I decided that it would have been easier just to edit the log on GCA as well so I selected NO.

This returned me back to the DELETE page from which I could not go Back. The only option was to hit the delete again and get the same prompt. There appears to be no way to return to the edit page from where I got myself.

Apparently not too many people have selected the NO option in the past.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 16 January 12 5:52 pm

crew 153 wrote:Apparently not too many people have selected the NO option in the past.
EDIT: just did that.... it does take you back to EDIT mode.

The DELETE button it present on the edit page at all times, you need to go down to 'Save' at the bottom after editing your log to save the changes

crew 153

Post by crew 153 » 16 January 12 10:45 pm

OK it appears that I don't get the Save button. Might be a clash between my GC and GCA cacher names being slightly different.

quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found

Can't login to GCA wiki

Post by quiet1_au » 20 January 12 7:37 am

I was wanting to add my details to the pathtags section as per the thread in the forum but when I attempt to login I get the following error:

"Login error:
You have not specified a valid user name."

The login I used is the same as for the GCA site (which works) - any ideas?

Thanks,
quiet1_au

DnA!
1300 or more caches found
1300 or more caches found

Post by DnA! » 20 January 12 9:21 am

As far as I'm aware pathtags.com is not associated with GCA. You need to go to http://www.pathtags.com/community/newuser.php and set up a new account. You can use the same user name and password as your CGA account if it is available.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Re: Can't login to GCA wiki

Post by CraigRat » 20 January 12 11:28 am

quiet1_au wrote:I was wanting to add my details to the pathtags section as per the thread in the forum but when I attempt to login I get the following error:

"Login error:

Thanks,
quiet1_au
What are you trying to log in to??
The wiki??
What thread in the forums are you talking about?

I will need some more info to be able to help you!

quiet1_au

Re: Can't login to GCA wiki

Post by quiet1_au » 21 January 12 11:18 pm

CraigRat wrote:
quiet1_au wrote:I was wanting to add my details to the pathtags section as per the thread in the forum but when I attempt to login I get the following error:

"Login error:

Thanks,
quiet1_au
What are you trying to log in to??
The wiki??
What thread in the forums are you talking about?

I will need some more info to be able to help you!
Strange I thought I replied this morning but no sign of it...

Yes, my problem is my GCA site login doesn't work for the GCA Wiki. I was following the instructions in this post re: adding your details to the pathtag section of the wiki http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopi ... 28&t=13494 but without logging in I can't...

FelixII
10000 or more caches found

Post by FelixII » 25 January 12 12:46 am

Oh my goodness [-o< My Geo buddy needs lots of help. :?

For some reason, he can't get his head around GCA (he's a boy what more needs to be said)

Oh okay well somehow he created profiles on GC which he regularly uses and GCA which he has used rarely but managed to log 51 frogs and 4 gnomes recently at our event.

Since then he went to use his GCA profile to log 3 caches at another event and for some unknown (boy) reason he can't get his password to work.

He has gotten himself into a real pickle and even created a new fake profile (goodness knows why) to try and log them! Oh please faeries he needs help!
#-o #-o #-o

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by CraigRat » 25 January 12 7:42 am

Well, you haven't given me anything to work with there

I kind of need to know who the person is to be able to help him

Get him to log a ticket at http://geocaching.com.au/support and I'l do a password reset.

I need *HIM* to request it though.

FelixII

Post by FelixII » 25 January 12 10:48 am

Thanks. Will pass it on.

Somehow he now has 4 user profiles. I only noticed it as I recognised one of his logs under a different profile on GCA for a GC cache.

He has made a hash of it somewhere! :stabby

SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by SamCarter » 26 January 12 7:59 am

I was just looking at my stats pages on GCA (where the data reflect a leaner couple of years in recent times :( ), when I noticed an anomaly. The "Finds" page (under the Stats tab) has a section for "Finds by year", and lists all years since joining, with the number of finds per year, and an average finds per day based on the number of days in that year (or number of days since joining for the first calendar year). So far so good.

The "Hides" page, in contrast, lists only those years in which the cacher has hidden a cache (so there is no listing of years in which 0 caches have been hidden, unlike what happens on the "Finds" page), but the really odd thing is what happens to the most recent year of hiding. If, for example, I last hid a cache in 2010 (life sometimes gets in the way of caching) then it doesn't show 0 hides for 2011 (as it doesn't for any other non-hiding years), but it keeps the day count for that year running into all subsequent hiding-free years. Thus the number of days for 2010 is 756, which is all the days of 2010 PLUS all days since. This makes the average hides per day for that year much lower than should be the case.

Is it possible to set up the "Hides" stats so that they use the same mechanism for the "Finds" stats (I don't particularly care about leaving out the non-hiding years, although maybe it would be good to include them too), or do the Faeries have some rationale for the strange day/year count (such as wanting to make us feel really bad for not having hidden anything recently!)?

No rush (I love being able to say that magnanimously, knowing that in all likelihood the Faeries will have addressed the issue seemingly before I have even submitted the query!)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 26 January 12 9:28 am

Yep, can do and done.
Now to go parasailing :-)