Report GCA Site issues here [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
caughtatwork

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by caughtatwork » 14 August 15 11:01 am

WazzaAndWenches wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:All of the find a geocache searches / lists are now on the Find a Geocache page.
http://geocaching.com.au/find/geocache or using the MENU, tap on Find a Geocache.
You now have a multitude of canned searches and links to your own My Query, Zone, Route, etc. Pretty much all of the ability to FIND a GEOCACHE is launched from this page.
The new pages look great although I've not looked through all of them yet.
I did, however, click on the button for "Find a geocache"/"Find a geocache events"/"all"/"Map Now". The map appeared in a new Firefox tab but no events have showed up.
The Events/Find Now also appears a bit dodgy. The other buttons seem to work fine for both "find now" and "map"
Thanks for the report. It was indeed dodgy. 'll' vs 'all' for the new selector. All fixed now.

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 15 August 15 8:24 am

Hi,
Printing a geocache now has overlapping issues. Didn't do that with the same geocache earlier in the week. :)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 15 August 15 12:49 pm

Sorry, that doesn't help enough which browser, which cache and what is overlapping? I don't see the issue here, so I need more information.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 16 August 15 9:46 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Sorry, that doesn't help enough which browser, which cache and what is overlapping? I don't see the issue here, so I need more information.
Sorry for not replying sooner. I was rushing to get a printout for an event but just ran with photocopying the archived original, forgetting I had reported anything.

Browser was Chrome
Cache was a draft which I have since altered for deletion so I can't use it as the example. And I am currently using a different computer and see no issues so not sure if it was just the draft.
The words were all on one side of the printout, some of them overlapping the map, and the border lines were all out of whack with the words and map too. Again, maybe it was because it was a draft, but I can't be sure.

Probably all useless info now.

HOWEVER...

I was just looking at how the new home page works and can't get locallity search "Dubbo, NSW" (all) to return any results, and postcode search "2830" (all) gives me a handful from a small town nearby. And it isn't because I have found them all, because we have a new avid geocache hider in the area. Am I doing something wrong?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 17 August 15 12:19 pm

Use JUST the locality. This is pretty much an Australian search, so the state is not needed.

The difficulty with postcodes is that 2830 is not Dubbo. Well, it is Dubbo, but it's also a hell of a larger area as well (see below). So as we only have a lat/lon for each postcode delivery centre, we could end up picking the one furthest from Dubbo (central) and hence the results are somewhat wonky. I'll have a look at see if we can extend the radius for the search to cover a little more of the relevant area.

Kickabil
Mogriguy
Rawsonville
Ballimore
Brocklehurst
Troy Junction
Dubbo West
Whylandra Crossing
Beni
Manera Heights
Dubbo
Dubbo East
Orana Heights
Dubbo Grove
Eulomogo
Delroy Gardens
Barbigal
Minore
Eschol
Cumboogle
Toongi

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 17 August 15 12:29 pm

Thank you so much for all your help. :)

The Morris
8500 or more caches found

Post by The Morris » 17 August 15 5:37 pm

I set some virtuals (I thought) to publish next weekend but I see they are showing up on the dashboard. Did I do something wrong with them and if so what?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 17 August 15 8:28 pm

The Morris wrote:I set some virtuals (I thought) to publish next weekend but I see they are showing up on the dashboard. Did I do something wrong with them and if so what?
You need to set the HIDDEN date to be the future date NOT the PUBLISHED date in your log. They're now live. You can retract them and then set the HIDDEN date and publish them again.

The Morris

Post by The Morris » 17 August 15 9:04 pm

ohhhhh doh! no they can stay published - there's more coming

WazzaAndWenches
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by WazzaAndWenches » 17 August 15 10:58 pm

caughtatwork wrote: They're now live.
Bugger. I was in Bendigo yesterday afternoon but didn't see the new cache listings until late last night.
The Morris wrote:there's more coming
=D> =D> =D> =D>

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 18 August 15 11:26 am

Hi again. Sorry. The printout overlapping is happening on my computer still - this time with archived caches (I've temporarily misplaced my GPSr). Here is one example: http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga0152. As mentioned earlier, I'm using Chrome. I'm on a Mac. I'm also just about to leave the house to see if any of these archived caches still exist so I apologise if I don't get to respond to any further questions too soon.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 18 August 15 11:45 am

Sorry, just not seeing any overlaps in any browser. Please take a screen shot of the overlapping parts and send it to me (caughtatwork at gmail.com) so I can look at it.

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 31 August 15 11:12 pm

I have a possible trip to the Sunshine Coast/Gympie late this week or early next week, so though I would look at the date ranges for Qld to generate some GC PQs. At the page http://geocaching.com.au/stats/range/ I got this.

GC Caches by Hidden Date Range Download as xml

Please note that caches which have been recently archived may still be accumulated in the list of counted caches.

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: data.xml:2: parser error : Premature end of data in tag ranges line 1 in /var/www/site/gca/docroot/stats/range/html.php on line 43

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: in /var/www/site/gca/docroot/stats/range/html.php on line 43

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: ^ in /var/www/site/gca/docroot/stats/range/html.php on line 43

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/site/gca/docroot/stats/range/html.php on line 44

Went to it from http://geocaching.com.au/stats/ which took a little while to find under the new menu structure.

Richary

Post by Richary » 31 August 15 11:19 pm

And then I tried again 5 minutes later and it worked! Go figure.

canary

Post by canary » 03 September 15 1:35 pm

Why does "Sierra Bravo Romeo (S/E Queensland)", http://geocaching.com.au/cache/gc1c83 show up in NSW?