Report GCA Site issues here [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Locked
User avatar
Bundyrumandcoke
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Posts: 1021
Joined: 07 August 06 1:54 pm
Location: Blackwater Queensland

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 13 October 12 5:30 pm

Good, thank you guys. Even though I am not attending the events, I am still keeping a bit of an eye on them.

Cheers

Bundy

User avatar
setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Posts: 1422
Joined: 28 December 04 5:46 pm
Twitter: BGNWP
Location: Athelstone, SA
Contact:

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by setsujoku » 14 October 12 8:22 pm

I think the SA feed might need a nudge as well as it appears to have stalled.

User avatar
CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 6970
Joined: 23 August 04 3:17 pm
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat
Location: Launceston, TAS
Contact:

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by CraigRat » 14 October 12 8:30 pm

setsujoku wrote:I think the SA feed might need a nudge as well as it appears to have stalled.
Looking at it right now.

Re-jigging the feeds takes me a good few hours, and may take a few days to get back on track!

User avatar
setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Posts: 1422
Joined: 28 December 04 5:46 pm
Twitter: BGNWP
Location: Athelstone, SA
Contact:

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by setsujoku » 14 October 12 8:40 pm

Yeah I know it's a hard task to keep up. In the meantime I just did a import to tie things over.

User avatar
CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 6970
Joined: 23 August 04 3:17 pm
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat
Location: Launceston, TAS
Contact:

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by CraigRat » 14 October 12 9:08 pm

Feeds updated

Online
User avatar
caughtatwork
Posts: 16183
Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by caughtatwork » 14 October 12 9:32 pm

CraigRat wrote:
setsujoku wrote:I think the SA feed might need a nudge as well as it appears to have stalled.
Looking at it right now.

Re-jigging the feeds takes me a good few hours, and may take a few days to get back on track!
Well, 38 minutes anyway :-"

User avatar
CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 6970
Joined: 23 August 04 3:17 pm
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat
Location: Launceston, TAS
Contact:

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by CraigRat » 14 October 12 9:40 pm

Never underestimate how efficient I am when grumpy and tired :lol:

User avatar
spatialriq
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found
Posts: 326
Joined: 12 May 11 11:52 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by spatialriq » 15 October 12 12:34 pm

CraigRat wrote:I'll massage the qld and wa feeds tomorrow when I get home
Thanks for the massage.

User avatar
Chwiliwr
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found
Posts: 888
Joined: 10 April 05 10:39 pm
Location: Leeming Western Australia

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by Chwiliwr » 15 October 12 1:36 pm

spatialriq wrote:
CraigRat wrote:I'll massage the qld and wa feeds tomorrow when I get home
Thanks for the massage.
The WA feed should be OK as I fixed up all the missing logs up to about the 6th or 7th. (About 3000 caches)

User avatar
GammaPiSigma
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over
Posts: 227
Joined: 23 May 04 7:46 pm
Location: Campbelltown, NSW

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by GammaPiSigma » 26 October 12 1:13 am

Hello Fairies,

I've just noticed a problem with the "GMap (Native)" link on the following cache page:
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga4661
The link is missing some bits off the end, see code below:

Code: Select all

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=-33.650217+150.353817+(Dr%20Dark
Checked some others from the "http://geocaching.com.au/caches/available/au/nsw/" page and some were stuffed while others worked OK. Also, I have checked this behaviour on various OS's and browsers with the same results.

Just thought I would bring it to your attention. :)

Cheers,
Michael.

User avatar
CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 6970
Joined: 23 August 04 3:17 pm
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat
Location: Launceston, TAS
Contact:

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by CraigRat » 26 October 12 7:23 am

Oooh, nice find.

Fixed

Thanks for the report!

(single quotes in URLs are NOT a good thing it turns out!)

User avatar
Coffee and Cache
2200 or more geocaches found
2200 or more geocaches found
Posts: 183
Joined: 27 January 07 3:35 pm
Location: Surrey Hills, Victoria

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by Coffee and Cache » 31 October 12 12:05 am

Is there by any chance some issues with the database at present?

I recently created a new GC cache (GC409V6) 3 days ago, but it has not shown up in my Cacher Page, nor did it show up in the daily new caches email? It replaced a now archived cache that was in exactly the same position in case that is relevant.

No big deal, but I'm curious.

Online
User avatar
caughtatwork
Posts: 16183
Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by caughtatwork » 31 October 12 8:37 am

Coffee and Cache wrote:Is there by any chance some issues with the database at present?

I recently created a new GC cache (GC409V6) 3 days ago, but it has not shown up in my Cacher Page, nor did it show up in the daily new caches email? It replaced a now archived cache that was in exactly the same position in case that is relevant.

No big deal, but I'm curious.
No issue. The feed is always a little slow. 3 days might be a little slower than normal.
I've done the import manually.

User avatar
Coffee and Cache
2200 or more geocaches found
2200 or more geocaches found
Posts: 183
Joined: 27 January 07 3:35 pm
Location: Surrey Hills, Victoria

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by Coffee and Cache » 31 October 12 7:47 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
Coffee and Cache wrote:Is there by any chance some issues with the database at present?

I recently created a new GC cache (GC409V6) 3 days ago, but it has not shown up in my Cacher Page, nor did it show up in the daily new caches email? It replaced a now archived cache that was in exactly the same position in case that is relevant.

No big deal, but I'm curious.
No issue. The feed is always a little slow. 3 days might be a little slower than normal.
I've done the import manually.
Thanks - much appreciated.

User avatar
setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Posts: 1422
Joined: 28 December 04 5:46 pm
Twitter: BGNWP
Location: Athelstone, SA
Contact:

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by setsujoku » 15 November 12 10:23 pm

I know that the server is basing it off of the data that it is given (from Aus post from memory), but when you look at this cache it is determined to be in Adelaide, rather than Modbury.

Just noticed that it wasn't quite right, and probably not much that can be done, but thought I would highlight it in case things had changed and the data for post codes and suburbs could be edited now on the back end.

Locked