Is it just me?
very weird :shock:

I cant edit my posts at all, I just get a server timeout

Damian

rav 4 raiders
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Post by rav 4 raiders » 25 July 04 11:16 pm

I am not having any trouble. I have just edited 3 after Victor added them due to spelling errors etc.
Sorry - unsure why you would be having this issue. :oops:

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 26 July 04 1:23 pm

Might just have been yesterday, for a while I kept getting timeouts trying to log things.

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 26 July 04 1:42 pm

I kept getting timeouts while trying to edit a post this morning.

ideology

Post by ideology » 26 July 04 5:13 pm

we haven't experienced it. which bit times out? the forum, database, etc?

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 26 July 04 7:11 pm

ideology wrote:we haven't experienced it. which bit times out? the forum, database, etc?
After I edit a post I have just made and try to submit it. The edited post is not accepted and I get a 'page not found' error message after a while.
See my last burralow post on nsw caching for an example. I had to add another post underneath with the fixed URL.

Effrem

Post by Effrem » 26 July 04 9:29 pm

riblit wrote:
ideology wrote:we haven't experienced it. which bit times out? the forum, database, etc?
After I edit a post I have just made and try to submit it. The edited post is not accepted and I get a 'page not found' error message after a while.
See my last burralow post on nsw caching for an example. I had to add another post underneath with the fixed URL.
Me too :?

mtbikeroz
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by mtbikeroz » 27 July 04 6:37 am

I too got the "server timed out" or "page not found" errors Monday morning. (on the GC.com site, not this site)

Don't forget guys & gals that our Sunday arvo & Monday morning are peak geocaching log & activity times over in the USA, when they go to bed Sunday night, the speed & response picks up wonderfully.

ideology

Post by ideology » 27 July 04 3:27 pm

riblit, bizarre! we've edited half a dozen posts (including your burralow post) to reproduce the behaviour but we can't get it to fail. what page is it trying to load when it says page not found?

mtbikeroz, thanks for clarifying - for a minute there we thought people were getting server timeout messages on the australian site!

Effrem

Post by Effrem » 27 July 04 10:35 pm

ideology wrote:riblit, bizarre! we've edited half a dozen posts (including your burralow post) to reproduce the behaviour but we can't get it to fail. what page is it trying to load when it says page not found?

mtbikeroz, thanks for clarifying - for a minute there we thought people were getting server timeout messages on the australian site!

I just tried to edit my post in the General Chitt chat section and it did it again, the web site isnt changing from the edit page (you can preveiw the changes but not submit them) and my IE says "The attempt to load 'Accessing URL:http://forum.geocaching.com.au/posting.php' failed."

Is that enough to help ?

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 28 July 04 1:07 am

I've had several instances over the last few months where I've submitted a post, then decided to edit it, and it takes forever to complete. many times I've given up (which I suppose counts as a time-out) and have resubmitted it and then it works fine... Haven't noticed it getting any worse over the last few days though....

ideology

Post by ideology » 08 September 04 6:05 pm

we've vacuumed the database (yes, that's the term!) and things appear to be faster now. we just edited some posts and they worked fine, so we'll see how it goes.