Leap Frog registrations are now open

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Richary
8000 or more caches found

Re: Leap Frog registrations are now open

Post by Richary » 31 January 12 8:52 pm

Yurt wrote:I wonder how many will get moved over the next week.
I suspect a lot will be collected and end up in North Sydney for next Sunday!

As for lemmykc's evil logs to come, I suspect we should have organised one frog to get moved 10 metres by everyone at the Zeamaff event. :twisted: We could have done a nice couple of loops of the area we were at as we all took turns moving it.

lemmykc
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by lemmykc » 31 January 12 9:06 pm

This evil man is currently on a flight home from ****** and I am really hoping he will get his moved log in before Midnight. Be prepared for a schlock if he gets it in on time though! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

rogerw3

Post by rogerw3 » 31 January 12 9:08 pm

:frog :D

I have done my last found logs for the Froggies.

It has been fun but I am glad I don't have to rush to Sydney almost every day for a short while!

:frogette :(

blossom*
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 31 January 12 9:38 pm

Well, you've got to think this might be GONNA GOZZA that's flying home from Switzerland with a bit of help from Phillip.

With his current kms at 16,366.68 plus another move of the same distance, that gives 32,732 all up. This isn't going to be enough to beat little Bao-Bao @34,400 total distance and the longest single move @ 17,208. So then the question is which statistic will be used as the win and which will go to second place. 8-[

quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found

Post by quiet1_au » 31 January 12 11:15 pm

I guess Strawb's is stuffed then 20000km won't cut it..... Counted my chi...frogs before they hatched - but not a bad effort for my first go! (thanks Purplepeopleeater!)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 February 12 9:01 am

http://www.cachinggames.com/leapfrog/index.php
There are multiple prizes on offer:

The cache that moves the furthest distance in the game period
The cache that accumulates the most number of moves in the game period provided the owner hasn't already won a prize
The cache that moves the furthest distance in the game period in a single move provided the owner hasn't already won a prize
Other prizes as deemed suitable by the games oraganiser.

Most moves:
Touchwood by nutwood from Tasmania. 50 moves.

Longest Distance:
Bao-Bao by Zhaomin from the UK moved 17,208.45km*
Liap-min by Zhaomin from the UK moved 17,041.87km*
Secret Frog -- Red 1 by pjmpjm from New South Wales moved 17,011.98km

Total Distance:
Bao-Bao by Zhaomin from the UK moved a total of 34,406.11km*
GONNA GOZZA by covert from Victoria moved a total of 32,733.70km

* As Zhaomin won both the longest distance and total distance but you only get one prize overall, Zhaomin will be awarded a prize, as will both the runners up being pjmpjm and covert.

Random Prize:
Jense Frog by Cruisinblues being the only LeapFrog that was still in play at the end of the game, but didn't get moved.
º for moving a single LeapFrog some 33,000km in only two moves.
Laighside Legends for Frog + Cement + some pipe fittings = 9.2kgs of cache! being the biggest LeapFrog in the game.
I will be drawing other random prizes for people who moved the LeapFrogs around and helped to make this the biggest moving cache game in the history of Geocaching.

Cache Hopper GeoCoin:
Nominate something for me.
It could be the "best" frog.
The "best" log.
The "best" photo.
Anything else that you think happened during the game that is worthy of the prize, excluding people who have already won something above.
Direct links to your "evidence" for "best" will help me decide.

Thanks to some very, very (I cannot stress how many verys should go in here) generous game participants we are also in a position to reward every cache that entered the game with a LeapFrog pathtag. I will try to get the rewards up into the rewards system this week.

I will try to update the games site in the near future. An issue with my computer being stolen from home while I was overseas means I need to wait for a replacement before I can recover the sites and do the updates. This also applies to the rewards system. My sincere apologies for the delay in getting your prizes out.

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 01 February 12 9:30 am

I would put in a vote for "Best" to http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga3459 Check out the photo in the gallery :D

Not only is it made very cleverly with a frog dangling from the beak on a fishing thingy, but it is filled with tiny little froggie swaggies which each finder can choose from and keep as their own.

I am hoping we can all keep this one travelling around Australia so everyone can get a little froggie swaggie.

pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

Re: Leap Frog Prize List

Post by pjmpjm » 01 February 12 11:06 am

caughtatwork wrote:http://www.cachinggames.com/leapfrog/index.php There are multiple prizes on offer:* As Zhaomin won both the longest distance and total distance but you only get one prize overall, Zhaomin will be awarded a prize, as will both the runners up being pjmpjm and covert.
Many thanks! And what about a rogerw3 prize for the 'most Leap Frogs entered' in the competition?

He's arguably also travelled the most in supporting our Leap Frogs. My rough calculations are that he made it 3/4 of the way to Pluto . . .

s_mc500
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by s_mc500 » 01 February 12 11:13 am

There is an issue with the frogs not having made it back from the moon, will this be a hazard for spacecraft and satellites? :frog

gmj3191
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found

Re: Leap Frog Prize List

Post by gmj3191 » 01 February 12 11:24 am

pjmpjm wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:http://www.cachinggames.com/leapfrog/index.php There are multiple prizes on offer:* As Zhaomin won both the longest distance and total distance but you only get one prize overall, Zhaomin will be awarded a prize, as will both the runners up being pjmpjm and covert.
Many thanks! And what about a rogerw3 prize for the 'most Leap Frogs entered' in the competition?

He's arguably also travelled the most in supporting our Leap Frogs. My rough calculations are that he made it 3/4 of the way to Pluto . . .
I don't think that's worthy of a prize as we only consider planetary distance comparisons, with our moon being the only exception, unless of course one of our GCA bull frogs makes a rule change.

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 01 February 12 11:29 am

Congrats to all who entered and especially to Zhaomin! ... I bet she is glad I convinced her to be the first (possibly! :P) Chinese National to join GCA and get involved with the froggy madness. Glad I could help her and Pjm's Secret Red #1 reach the top of the tree! (and that Covert didnt get a cheeky win in at the last moment ;)

I think I have moved frogs more than 50,000km this year which was pretty awesome... thanks Emirates and Work :twisted: Also had great fun releasing and chasing them... and though I still liked the gnomes a little more, I take back all the nasty things about frogs I said back then hehehe

Cheers from Ireland everyone!

Zhaomin
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Zhaomin » 01 February 12 11:48 am

Yay froggy win :frogette :frog What a debut for my GCA cache! :D

Thanks a lot for organising such a fun game and everyone involved. Special thanks to Zal who introduced me to GCA, Leap Frog and many other things. :P I will set Bao Bao and secret frog on their next journey very soon so they can see the world!

Please send the prize I won (thank you sponsor!) to Zal's address in Australia, so I can have an excuse to come to Australia to visit him and to cache!

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found
Twitter: Dvixen, Geowhat

Post by Dvixen » 01 February 12 4:06 pm

caughtatwork wrote:An issue with my computer being stolen from home while I was overseas means I need to wait for a replacement before I can recover the sites and do the updates. This also applies to the rewards system. My sincere apologies for the delay in getting your prizes out.
Yikes! That's not 'an issue' that's a major pita! :evil:

:frogette Grats to the winners, some pretty hyper frogs out there! :frog

pjmpjm

Congrats to the Winner

Post by pjmpjm » 01 February 12 4:19 pm

Zhaomin wrote: Yay froggy win :frogette :frog What a debut for my GCA cache! :D
Congrats! Your froggies added greatly to the interest and fun! :frogette :frog

pjmpjm

50,000 Kilometres Over the Sea

Post by pjmpjm » 01 February 12 4:24 pm

Zalgariath wrote:Congrats to all who entered and especially to Zhaomin! ... I bet she is glad I convinced her to be the first (possibly! :P) Chinese National to join GCA and get involved with the froggy madness. Glad I could help her and Pjm's Secret Red #1 reach the top of the tree! (and that Covert didnt get a cheeky win in at the last moment ;) I think I have moved frogs more than 50,000km this year which was pretty awesome... thanks Emirates and Work :twisted: Also had great fun releasing and chasing them... and though I still liked the gnomes a little more, I take back all the nasty things about frogs I said back then hehehe Cheers from Ireland everyone!
Great to hear from you, from Ireland where everything is green! :frog :frog :frog :frog :frog :frog :frog :frog :frog :frog :frog :frog

Good work on all the moves and many thanks for your frog-moving assistance and enthusiasm. =D>

Can't believe that my Secret Frog #1 really did all that travelling -- maybe not to the moon, but pretty close. \:D/

All in all, a good time (although sometimes a bit tiring for us oldies) had by all!