Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
caughtatwork

Re: Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Post by caughtatwork » 01 December 12 10:07 pm

gmj3191 wrote:Is there a time lag between a move and a green box on your bingo cards?
I have moved GA5031 but 31 isn't marked off on my cards.
The published log has no co-ords, so it doesn't know where it was to start with.
If you can give me the co-ords of where you picked it up, I'll fix it.

FelixII
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by FelixII » 01 December 12 10:09 pm

I am very sorry if it's my typing error that has caused the furor over the cache moved offshore.

I typed 21 instead of 31.

The next logger realised and I fixed it immediately.

Is there others? It would have been an honest mistake and I will fix it if is was my error :-#

I find the suggestion that this was on purpose completely offensive and as I have been a big supporter of GCA in the past and organised a GCA event and got at least 3 other cachers to participate in this BINGO game. The fact that Perth is named in red for a simple typing has me fuming at the very least. #-o
Last edited by FelixII on 01 December 12 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tuena
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by Tuena » 01 December 12 10:13 pm

nutwood wrote:
Tuena wrote:My initial observation:

The strategies & tactics employed by the Tasmanians seem the most abel.
Ouch! :stabby
I was being complimentary ................ strategies & tactics were superior to any I had seen in the other States. abel is a play on words based on the first name of your state's namesake, the Dutch explorer Abel (able) Tasman.

"............seem the most abel". is a positive. Able according to my Macquarie Dictionary means: having sufficient power, strength or qualifications, showing talent or knowledge.

No Ouch! intended.

gmj3191
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found

Post by gmj3191 » 01 December 12 10:59 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
gmj3191 wrote:Is there a time lag between a move and a green box on your bingo cards?
The published log has no co-ords, so it doesn't know where it was to start with.
Initial coords were S37 57.943 E145 00.711
but must have been there when it was published 'cos I knew I had to go there to find it.
Thanks Peter.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 December 12 11:06 pm

gmj3191 wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
but must have been there when it was published 'cos I knew I had to go there to find it.
Thanks Peter.
No problems. I've updated the published log. At the next feed (around midnight tonight) it should update and mark off your card.

quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by quiet1_au » 01 December 12 11:26 pm

Don't you hate it when you move a cache and you move it along - only to notice on the map its a little close to the starting location to call it a valid move or not :-k So you fire up your favourite caching tool and a quick calculation reveals you have fallen short by about 30m from the required 1km target... Doh! ](*,) Oh well, back again in the morning to move it a bit further away...

:-$

WanderingAus
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by WanderingAus » 01 December 12 11:27 pm

WanderingAus wrote:Just to be sure I don't transgress:

I moved a tractor to our event part 2, and at the end of the event I took the ones which were left.

I just realised, after hiding it beside the Canning River and coming home, that I had taken the same tractor. :oops:

Should I just do another Moved log? Your advice please C@W
No response yet, I'd like to be sure so that I don't break the rules.

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 01 December 12 11:34 pm

Tuena wrote:
nutwood wrote:
Tuena wrote:My initial observation:

The strategies & tactics employed by the Tasmanians seem the most abel.
Ouch! :stabby
I was being complimentary ................ strategies & tactics were superior to any I had seen in the other States. abel is a play on words based on the first name of your state's namesake, the Dutch explorer Abel (able) Tasman.

"............seem the most abel". is a positive. Able according to my Macquarie Dictionary means: having sufficient power, strength or qualifications, showing talent or knowledge.

No Ouch! intended.
They cache like "Diemens" down there....

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 December 12 11:36 pm

WanderingAus wrote:

I moved a tractor to our event part 2, and at the end of the event I took the ones which were left.

I just realised, after hiding it beside the Canning River and coming home, that I had taken the same tractor. :oops:

Sorry, missed this one in the flurry today.
Nah, you're cool. Mistakes happen.
Just leave everything like it is and it will be OK.

SeabreezeOZ
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by SeabreezeOZ » 01 December 12 11:39 pm

FelixII wrote:I am very sorry if it's my typing error that has caused the furor over the cache moved offshore.

Is there others? It would have been an honest mistake and I will fix it if is was my error :-#

I find the suggestion that this was on purpose completely offensive and as I have been a big supporter of GCA in the past and organised a GCA event and got at least 3 other cachers to participate in this BINGO game. The fact that Perth is named in red for a simple typing has me fuming at the very least. #-o
is that why you're archiving your caches? i would have liked to find them :(

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 01 December 12 11:45 pm

SeabreezeOZ wrote:
FelixII wrote:I am very sorry if it's my typing error that has caused the furor over the cache moved offshore.

is that why you're archiving your caches? i would have liked to find them :(
Luckily in GCA world, what is archived can be easily unarchived. [-o<

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 01 December 12 11:47 pm

WanderingAus wrote:

Not much you can do, you need to log it in the new coordinates so others can find it. You could post a second move - it won't help your Bingo card anyway as you already have that number if you need it. However it technically breaks the rules for that particular caches distance or number of moves (I doubt anyone will care in this situation though).

The better alternative might be to delete your first moved log if the system allows it, and then relog a new move to where it is now.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 December 12 11:50 pm

Please check you PMs. I apologise for over reacting.

With people rushing around, there are quite a few mistakes being made and I over reacted. Temporary moves "en route" while a mate picks up the cache is OK, but gross fake logs to accumulate distance points is not in the spirit of the game.

I can now see that the co-ords were mistyped, but that wasn't obvious to me when I first saw them. I simply saw that it had been moved offshore and that looked fake to me.

It was not my intent to single out an action, but I can see how it has been perceived. I have amended the verbiage on the site.

Again, please accept my apology.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 02 December 12 12:27 am

caughtatwork wrote:
gmj3191 wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
Thanks Peter.
No problems. I've updated the published log. At the next feed (around midnight tonight) it should update and mark off your card.
31 has been ticked off your card.