Search found 295 matches

by Philipp
10 November 11 12:54 pm
Forum: General Chit-Chat
Topic: Cache difficulty/terrain ratings
Replies: 56
Views: 6333

Re: Cache difficulty/terrain ratings

Yurt wrote: I can't see how a difficulty 1/terrain 5 cache could exist as terrain 5 immediately makes it tricky.
A big bright orange box on a 5m pole / tree / ...
by Philipp
06 November 11 11:59 pm
Forum: General Chit-Chat
Topic: Cache contents
Replies: 32
Views: 4204

Re: Cache contents

I placed a lot of caches over the past 8 years and normally all of them degenerate. The swaps just disappear over time ... except for this one: www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCJRCC It's a 50 litre box which just keeps filling. Every now and then I had to go there and take stuff out b...
by Philipp
04 November 11 4:24 pm
Forum: General Chit-Chat
Topic: Left Handed Geocachers
Replies: 27
Views: 3120

Re: Left Handed Geocachers

Laighside Legends wrote:Interesting thing on this site is that they say left handed people prefer to have the gear stick on there left in the car. Does that mean Australia has more left handed people than USA? :-k
No - it just means you're driving on the wrong side of the road. We are driving on the right side \:D/
by Philipp
01 November 11 6:27 pm
Forum: General Chit-Chat
Topic: Geocacher banned on unfair terms (IMO anyway)
Replies: 66
Views: 8451

Re: Geocacher banned on unfair terms (IMO anyway)

I think that one thing that has come from this is just how snarky, mean and self centred the Groundspeak Lackeys have become. Their response to the Challenges anarchy was bad enough, but now this...... :-k ](*,) I absolutely disagree: He chose to violate the TOU so he got banned. Of course he can s...
by Philipp
31 October 11 1:48 pm
Forum: General Chit-Chat
Topic: Geocacher banned on unfair terms (IMO anyway)
Replies: 66
Views: 8451

Re: Geocacher banned on unfair terms (IMO anyway)

Any form of media? My notebook in my cache bag would get me bannd if it fell into someones hands who knew what it was! Reread the paragraph and the answer to that question will reveal itself Do the TOU include giving up the right to Not have scientifc experiments performed on you? Like in the South...
by Philipp
28 October 11 8:11 am
Forum: General Chit-Chat
Topic: DNFs Logged vs. Actual DNFs
Replies: 55
Views: 7086

Re: DNFs Logged vs. Actual DNFs

There is the other aspect of DNFs that after 3-4 of them the CO is expected to check on the cache. If I drive up to a playground cache, and don't bother getting out of the car because the playground is covered in kids - by your logic I should log a DNF. The next 5 people who rock up also do the sam...
by Philipp
27 October 11 10:08 am
Forum: General Chit-Chat
Topic: What's your Radius?
Replies: 106
Views: 13883

Re: What's your Radius?

gmj3191 wrote:We have a 13 year old puzzle cache creator we could ship over to Adelaide free of charge, to slow all you guys down a bit.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
by Philipp
25 October 11 3:48 pm
Forum: General Chit-Chat
Topic: DNFs Logged vs. Actual DNFs
Replies: 55
Views: 7086

Re: DNFs Logged vs. Actual DNFs

"I didn't even start looking as there were muggles sitting on the cache." There I'd log a DNF because I actually started to look and saw the muggles. To me a DNF is a flag to the CO and other cachers that I started a search (no matter how short) for the cache and it was unsucessful. If a cache get'...
by Philipp
25 October 11 2:05 pm
Forum: General Chit-Chat
Topic: DNFs Logged vs. Actual DNFs
Replies: 55
Views: 7086

Re: DNFs Logged vs. Actual DNFs

My own opinion -- for what it's worth -- is that something should be written in the cache's online log every time a geocacher sets his/her sights on it. A DNF if there is any kind of search at GZ . . . A note if some misadventure prevents an actual search at GZ . . . I agree I disagree: Found it: I...
by Philipp
13 October 11 3:10 pm
Forum: General Chit-Chat
Topic: A motto to follow when placing caches
Replies: 63
Views: 6862

Re: A motto to follow when placing caches

team waldron wrote:Please define "crap cache".
The only reason bringing people to the spot is the geocache.
by Philipp
12 October 11 12:40 pm
Forum: General Chit-Chat
Topic: Relocating a cache and publishing new coordinates
Replies: 12
Views: 1820

Re: Relocating a cache and publishing new coordinates

... and if that "Update Co-Ords" log creates an error message because the distance between old and new coords is to big, the CO should contact the local reviewer to have a look into it.
by Philipp
08 October 11 2:07 pm
Forum: General Chit-Chat
Topic: Help, ideas to get a new cache published.
Replies: 13
Views: 2396

Re: Help, ideas to get a new cache published.

Bundyrumandcoke wrote:I am currently thinking of somehow turning it into a multi.
There is your answer. Stage one has exact coords and you will get the info "search between X and Y" - done.
by Philipp
06 October 11 2:58 pm
Forum: Geocaching Australia Web site
Topic: Needs Archive on GCA
Replies: 6
Views: 1917

Re: Needs Archive on GCA

caughtatwork wrote:Yippee ki-yay :mrgreen:
Reminds me of http://www.movievillains.com/archives/2 ... ruber.html

:mrgreen:
by Philipp
04 October 11 3:38 pm
Forum: Geocaching Australia Web site
Topic: Event Reminders
Replies: 15
Views: 3594

Re: Event Reminders

mtrax wrote:perhaps another idea would be to create a "feed" for your google calendar
+1 :D I use the sms notification of google which works pretty good
by Philipp
02 October 11 9:09 am
Forum: General Chit-Chat
Topic: cladocalyx-a small tree climbing challenge in St Albans, Vic
Replies: 10
Views: 1725

Re: cladocalyx-a small tree climbing challenge in St Albans, Vic

I heard from some good sources that there are caches in the pipeline where "logging on the ground" won't be an option anymore. So this is a good opportunity to learn how to get them :twisted: