Another listing site

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Another listing site

Post by riblit » 11 May 04 10:55 pm

Yes, yet another listing site. http://geocaching.gpsgames.org
Somewhere to put your locationless and moveable caches. The search engine has all Australian States listed. The closest cache is in NZ.

Phlosten

Post by Phlosten » 11 May 04 11:11 pm

More bandwagoning. Mabye there is some profit potential. 'Please make a donation to help run this website (and secretly pay for my slab of beer this weekend)'

:wink:

Rabbitto
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Rabbitto » 12 May 04 2:18 pm

One small thing I liked was the encryption code, which also included an encryption on the numbers as well as the normal letters for the hints etc. Although not a big worry at all to me, it would make it less obvious to skim your eye over a printed sheet and accidentally pick up an unwanted clue.

elmofreak
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by elmofreak » 13 May 04 3:55 pm

And i suppose they couldn't figure out how to have WA-Western Australia and WA - Washington on the same list... All Australian states?? I think not:P

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 13 May 04 5:21 pm

elmofreak wrote:And i suppose they couldn't figure out how to have WA-Western Australia and WA - Washington on the same list... All Australian states?? I think not:P

Darn - I keep forgetting about that pile of sandhills :)

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 14 May 04 6:33 am

Hey be fair - They have Dolphins too you know.

The Bronze.

Scout

Post by Scout » 18 May 04 1:48 am

G'day. I run the site http://geocaching.gpsgames.org . I've enjoyed working on GPS games such as Geodashing, MinuteWar, and GeoPoker. Recently, it dawned on me that I had about 90% of the programming done to offer a geocaching listing service as well. I've heard many geocachers lament the fact that they couldn't list virtuals or moving caches or locationless caches on gc.com, so I thought another listing service would be welcomed, or at least tolerated. ;-)
<P>
Although I like beer, I'm not out to make money on geocaching. On the contrary, the profit motive at gc.com is partly why I offer an alternative site.
<P>
Thanks, elmofreak, for pointing out that the US state of Washington clobbered the Australian state of Western Australia in the pulldown menus. That's a bug. It's been fixed.
<P>
--<br>
Scout http://GPSgames.org