Christmas in July Game

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
andrewbt
3000 or more caches found

Re: Christmas in July Game

Post by andrewbt » 22 July 17 12:14 pm

Hey Tronador!

I'm claiming them around 12:01-12:05 each morning.. so that might be why ;)

(Staying up watching the Cycling. Seem to always remember at that time to log my claims!)

I think you've got it though. I've got no more Large Mystery Finds to claim - only ones Published ones!

(Still Waiting for Fitzy and Luckyl10n to surge ahead with 10 finds @ 25 points each though!)

andrewbt

Post by andrewbt » 22 July 17 12:22 pm

And I must say - I've had a lot of fun this time around - the first time I've since I started using GCA that I've had time to play it.. and play it I have!
Last game was a bit overwhelming (for me) due in part to Uni (yep, CSU do session 3 over summer), Christmas AND doing 60+hr weeks at work (including working till 20:30pm on Christmas eve ](*,) )

This time around, it's prompted me to put 10+ caches out. I've got plans for another podcache (get co-ords from the DTMF tones.. though I'm trying to make that work 99% rather than 80%)..

And my series of mystery caches.. found a theme that I really like and making people answer questions about it!. I do like that I don't have to have a particular string in them.. and they're still valid!

tronador
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 22 July 17 1:42 pm

andrewbt wrote:Hey Tronador!

I'm claiming them around 12:01-12:05 each morning.. so that might be why ;)

(Staying up watching the Cycling. Seem to always remember at that time to log my claims!)

I think you've got it though. I've got no more Large Mystery Finds to claim - only ones Published ones!

(Still Waiting for Fitzy and Luckyl10n to surge ahead with 10 finds @ 25 points each though!)
Well done on your achievements so far. It wasn't you with the uneven count it was a cacher way down the ladder but it seems to have been sorted now. Not sure what gremlins got into the system. You guys are lucky in the ACT so many to choose from cause you have a wonderful GCA community. Much harder up here in Sydney. I was lucky enough to organise myself as I travelled through the ACT on my way to and from the snow. That and what's left here in Sydney should do me. Big thanks to all the ACT cachers by the way especially Sol de Lune who provided me lots of simple choices and puzzles to solve after a days skiing.....puzzles I could actually solve. Grateful for the simplicity cause I will never be a member of the mensa club . The ACT and The Northern suburbs of v Sydney have some seriously hard puzzles tewuiring Mensa IQ.

andrewbt

Post by andrewbt » 23 July 17 12:51 am

Yeah, GC and GCA caches are great down here - I'm very much more into GCA caches at the moment. It's overlooked by many and I think that needs to change - I'm happy to have a tenth the finds on my caches as a GC cache could, but I figure - one day, that won't be the case :)

SDL and Fitzy of late have done a stellar effort of driving up the number of quality caches on GCA in the ACT.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 24 July 17 10:00 am

Im just going to be happy to complete every day! Not many GCA left for me locally ;)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 24 July 17 10:03 am

I recommend you recruit folks to the dark side.

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 24 July 17 10:38 am

My new series on the North Shore will hopefully help that. Got one new team interested at least! http://www.geocaching.com.au/cache/ga10546

Chwiliwr
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Chwiliwr » 26 July 17 1:35 am

Looking at the ladder there is a claim of 30 and a few of 27. Is this some bug in the code?

Congratulations to all those that competed.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 26 July 17 9:16 am

The duplicates have been removed and my sincere apologies for that bug. It was undiscovered until too late to avoid.

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 26 July 17 9:59 am

Thanks to everyone associated with setting up and running the games. I had a great time chasing the points.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 26 July 17 10:15 am

I traveled further for this game than I have in a long time. I spend a nice Sunday down at Rosebud (about 90 minutes away) and a nice afternoon at Eltham (about 45 minutes away). I also had a nice stroll to pick up some moveables last weekend. I ended up with about 30 GCA finds for the month which is probably my best GCA month since the moveable cache races (excluding the locationless frenzy of SSS).

I also ended up hiding a pile as well, so that's more geocaches for geocachers :-) It's starting to look like an octupus near my place.
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga9915.gmap

Thanks to everyone who had hidden a GCA geocache in the past for me to find in July.

Sambuccasam
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by Sambuccasam » 28 July 17 9:10 am

whitewebbs wrote:Thanks to everyone associated with setting up and running the games. I had a great time chasing the points.
Yes thanks admin for another great games. My third now and my first full year of geocaching and managed to grab caches on my cache anniversary. Got a mayor badge, got my first 100 findsand earned a few other trophies. But a big shout out and thank you to Gulliver's travels54 for coming over to join in the patriotic fun of GCA games in my Logan Dragon Zone if it was not for them I would have not achieved top 10 or anywhere near it...So a big big thank you for your great effort in the games and i am really happy you got a medal place. Kind regards =D> =D> :phoenix

tronador

Post by tronador » 04 August 17 10:00 pm

Congratulations to everyone who played and kudos to the winner for a well played strategic game. Just wondering if anyone has received the small digital icon on their profile? I don't have one so was wondering if any one else has ?

spatialriq

Post by spatialriq » 07 August 17 1:21 pm

Just had a look at my profile this morning, it's there \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D>

And thanks to all those behind the scenes who made this game possible, I didn't get the time to get all 26 but at least got some runs on the board :D :minotaur

tronador

Post by tronador » 17 August 17 12:00 am

Thanks so much for the shiny. Love my prize.