All GCA caches in Victoria

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
The Morris
8500 or more caches found

All GCA caches in Victoria

Post by The Morris » 01 March 17 5:47 pm

Can someone advise me the best way to download all GCA caches in Victoria. I know there are date ranges for the other ones - is the there something similar here? With all the new ones published over summert I need a new system.

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Re: All GCA caches in Victoria

Post by Richary » 01 March 17 6:21 pm

If it's something you only want to do once you can probably do it from the state page. However I have set up a query for NSW that automatically emails it once a week (or you can just run it when you want). Go to http://geocaching.com.au/my/query/

Unlike GC they aren't limited to 1000 so you can get the whole state in one file, so no date ranges needed.

The Morris

Post by The Morris » 02 March 17 8:37 pm

Thanks Richary, I like to update it each week but it looks like this will do as a manual option rather than multiple queries.
=D>

WazzaAndWenches
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by WazzaAndWenches » 02 March 17 9:55 pm

I also run a public query on a weekly basis (http://geocaching.com.au/my/query/gpx/295) and dump the data straight into GSAK.

In the old days it would take a few minutes for the server to crate the download. These days it's only about 5 seconds thanks to the new server.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 03 March 17 3:16 pm

The Morris wrote:Thanks Richary, I like to update it each week but it looks like this will do as a manual option rather than multiple queries.
=D>
I have a query that gets emailed to me every friday for the weekend. Works a treat.

Richary

Post by Richary » 03 March 17 7:40 pm

Yes, mine gets to me Thursday morning (probably a leftover from when I used to go and party Friday nights so I could do all my cache updates on Thursday night in preparation for the weekend).

I find the advantage of being able to run on the fly in the field using the iPhone for caching is during the moving cache races and you can see if things might have been taken already since your last weekly update.