Locationless

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
tronador
6500 or more caches found

Locationless

Post by tronador » 02 December 16 8:46 pm

What is with the flood of locationless caches appearing? You can only have so much of a good thing!

oldfella
10000 or more caches found

Re: Locationless

Post by oldfella » 02 December 16 9:04 pm

Happens every now and then but this latest lot may I suggest has a lot to do with the summer game this year.

tronador

Post by tronador » 02 December 16 9:23 pm

I love the caching games but would hope that quality hides be put out, not just because it was part of a game.

ziggiau
3000 or more caches found
Twitter: ziggiau

Post by ziggiau » 03 December 16 2:57 pm

One of this week's scavenges is: Hide and publish a Locationless geocache, which is why it seems like there's more coming through than normal.

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 03 December 16 5:16 pm

tronador wrote:I love the caching games but would hope that quality hides be put out, not just because it was part of a game.
Yes but to play some of these games, quite a few cachers have an extremely limit choice of GCA caches. These Locationless ones make it a lot more fun if you don't happen to live in a busy city area.

ziggiau
Twitter: ziggiau

Post by ziggiau » 03 December 16 5:50 pm

blossom* wrote:These Locationless ones make it a lot more fun if you don't happen to live in a busy city area.
And even if you do live in a city area, it's tough to find GCA trads so it keeps the game interesting.

oldfella

Post by oldfella » 03 December 16 6:27 pm

I like to consider myself an active cacher and actively support GCA. For me to find any caches lot alone GCA ones usually involves a drive of at least threehours. Every summer I hide at least three caches but usually they are movables and they get to the coast. In this summer game I am part of a team and I will find any GCA I can and if I have to resort to locationless of course I will and will I publish Locationless, you bet I will and I do have a proven record of publishing loctionless hides on a regular basis and not just for the summer game this year. I hope every one enjoys these summer games and I am also going to hide at least 6 regular sized hides in the South Burnett and I know before hand that they will more than likely not obtain any more than 3 finds before 31/01/2017 if that. I wish every one the best this summer and I wish you all a very merry and safe Christmas and a wonderful 2017 and may you cache on.